Today Top Current Affairs 21 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 21 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 21 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 21 May 2020.
Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
- The Union Cabinet has taken decision to extend the welfare of Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY). the Cabinet was headed by PM Narendra Modi. it goals to allow old age income security for Senior Citizens.
- After approving, the period of scheme has extended up for further period of three years to 31 March 2023.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- On 20th May 2020, Union Cabinet has decided to implement the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). the major goal of PMMSY is to make investments increased in the fisheries sector and competitiveness of fish and fisheries products. Union Cabinet was headed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji.
SUKOON – COVID-19 Beat the Stress by J&K
- Department of Information and Public Relations, J&K has started off a new initiative named as “SUKOON – COVID-19 Beat the Stress” programme. this program will help in spreading about the psychological impacts of national lockdown and measures to be adopted to overcome them.
“Mee Annapurna” initiative in Maharashtra
- The IRDA has begun an initiative named as “Mee Annapurna” in Maharashtra state. this initiative can be seen as part of commitments as a Corporate Social Responsibility towards the welfare of the farmers and agriculture community in Maharashtra.
“Didi Vehicle Service” begun in Madhya Pradesh
- The women of Rural Livelihood Mission has started off “Didi Vehicle Service” in Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh state. Didi Vehicle Service is for rural women for the safe delivery and also, vehicle will start its service for other emergency services in the area.
Science And Technology
ICMR Clinical begins trials on BCG Vaccine to treat COVID-19 infected patients
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is planning to conduct a 10-month trial on the Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccine. the trials will intend to make a vaccine that would help to prevent COVID-19 virus in human body of patients.
- BCG vaccine is obtained from an isolate of Mycobacterium Bovis. Mycobacterium Bovis utilize a live attenuated strain where artificially, the pathogen’s potency is disabled.
for digital motor cover, Flipkart partners with Bajaj Allianz
- In order to digital motor insurance policy, famous e-commerce company Flipkart has partnered with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. this partnerships will help in giving seamless, accessible as well as flexible insurance solutions to their customers in respective to safeguard their vehicles.
About Flipkart –
Founded: October 2007
Founder: Sachin Bansal, Binny Bansal
About Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company –
CEO: Tapan Singhel
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan as chairman of WHO Executive Board
- The Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has been selected as new chairman of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Executive Board. Harsh Vardhan is going to take charge from 22 May 2020 and also will take place of Dr. Hiroki Nakatani of Japan, Dr Hiroki Nakatani was serving as Chairman of the WHO Executive Board at present.
Dilip Oommen as President of Indian Steel Association
- Indian Steel Association (ISA) has decided to select Dilip Oommen as new President. at present, Dilip is serving as the CEO of Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel India.
Govinda Rajulu Chintala as chairman of NABARD
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has chosen Govinda Rajulu Chintala as its next Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). at present, Govinda is giving his servics as the Chief General Manager at NABARD and he will countinue to work till retirement in July 2022.
Carmen Reinhart as Chief Economist of World Bank Group
- The Group of World Bank has decided to select Carmen Reinhart as new Vice President and Chief Economist of Group. She will take charge in next month on 15 June 2020. Carmen had served as Senior Policy Advisor and Deputy Director of IMF and also, she served Vice President and Chief Economist at the investment bank Bear Stearns
National Anti-Terrorism Day
- Every year, India celebrates National Anti-Terrorism Day on the day of 21th May. The day purposes to bring awareness about the anti-social act of terrorism and its impact on human suffering and lives. also, National Anti-Terrorism Day highlights the death anniversary of the Former Prime Minister of India.
International Tea Day
- The day of 21th May is observed as International Tea Day across the world. the main purpose of this day is to take steps to improve the condition of tea producers and tea workers. in the world, labourers who are working the tea plantations are in bad conditions.
- hence, International Tea Day aims to encourage the status of tea workers, workers’ rights, daily wages, social security, employment security, and health.
Today Top Current Affairs 21 May 2020
Q.1 What is the aim of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)?
the primary goal of PMMSY is to increase investments in the fisheries sector and competitiveness of fish and fisheries products. Learn More
Q.2 Who will get benefits through Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)?
Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) goals to allow old age income security for Senior Citizens. this Yojana will give advantages to Senior Citizens. Learn More
Q.3 What is the main Functioning of WHO Executive Board?
The main working of Executive Board to make and decide policies of the Health Assembly, provide advises and make its work facilitate. Learn More