Today Top Current Affairs 21 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji unveiled ‘SPRINT Challenges’, which aims to boost the usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy, during the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) seminar ‘Swavlamban’ in New Delhi.
- This collaborative project is named SPRINT which stands for Supporting Pole-Vaulting in R&D through Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX), NIIO and Technology Development Acceleration Cell (TDAC).
- Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) and the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) organised the seminar.
Union Minister of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Shri Narayan Rane released Repos Pay, a platform for Mobile Electric Charging, and Phy-gital a platform for fintech at the Fueling India 2022 event in Mumbai.
- Users can make an order for mobile electric charging vehicles and use them to charge their cars.
- A Fintech platform called Phy-gital will enable consumers to use credit to fuel purchases (Buy Now Pay Later).
- Users will be facilitated with Fuel-on-credit options through the energy fintech platform.
According to the chief ministers of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh states have taken a step to settle their seven-decade-old boundary dispute by signing the Namsai Declaration. Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu and his Assam colleague Himanta Biswa Sarma have signed the Border dispute agreement or declaration in Namsai.
- The two states agreed to restrict the number of contested villages to 86 instead of 123.
Chief Minister Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami Ji has released the book titled“BEYOND THE MISTY VEIL”, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand. the book was written by Ms Aradhana Johri (who is a former IAS officer and had served earlier as the District Magistrate of Nainital) on the temples of Uttarakhand.
- It will be called an authentic introduction to the divine temples of Uttarakhand in the country and abroad.
- The book is based on the mythological temples of Devbhoomi Uttarakhand and informs people regarding our culture and mythology.
- The book highlights the temples of Uttarakhand, their significance and the tales associated with them.
The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) has received the Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institute Award 2021 (in the Large Institute Category) for its overall performance. Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar presented the Sardar Patel Award of ICAR to Ch Srinivasa Rao, Director of NAARM in New Delhi at a function to mark the 94th Foundation Day of the ICAR.
State Bank of India (SBI) will launch WhatsApp-based banking to its customers, Dinesh Khara, the chairman of SBI, announced. In addition, SBI would soon launch API (application programming interface) banking to corporate clients and aggregators.
- API Banking is a system that is used as a way for two or more computer programmes to communicate with each other.
- APIs are used for communication between bank and client servers to ensure seamless and secure integration between the customer’s and bank’s systems by facilitating data transfer.
Former Supreme Court judge, Vineet Saran has assumed the charge as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ethics officer and ombudsman. He has replaced Justice (Retd) D. K. Jain, whose term ended in June 2021. 65 years old Saran is a former Chief Justice of Odisha High Court and also served as a judge in Karnataka and Allahabad High Court.
- Justice Vineet Saran completed graduation from Allahabad University in 1976.
- he obtained an LL.B degree and started practising in the Allahabad High Court from 1980 till 2002 on the constitutional, civil and criminal sides.
- Vineet also served as the Additional Advocate General for the State of U.P. in the year 1995.
- In 2002, Vineet Saran J was appointed as a permanent judge in the Allahabad High Court.
Retired Army officer Raj Shukla has been elected as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The recommendations were made by UPSC for candidates to the Govt for designation to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and the Central Services — Group A and Group B.
- Lt. Gen. Shukla has a career spanning over four decades in the Indian Army.
- He is a recipient of the Param Vishisht Seva Medal in 2021.
- Lt. Gen. Shukla commanded an Infantry Brigade in counter-insurgency operations, the Baramulla Division along the Line of Control (LOC) in the Kashmir Valley, and a Pivot Corps along the western borders.
Manipur Governor La. Ganesan assumed the as Governor of West Bengal and was administered oath by Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court, Prakash Srivastava, at Raj Bhawan in Kolkata. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Speaker of State Assembly Biman Banerjee and Trinamool Congress leader in Lok Sabha Sudip Banerjee were present.
- Ganesan took an additional responsibility of State’s Governor after the resignation of former West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar.
Bangladesh ODI captain, Tamim Iqbal has announced his retirement from the T20Is format and he took this decision after defeating West Indies 3-0 in the three-match ODI series.
- 33-year-old Tamim Iqbal played his last T20 International in March 2020 and played 78 T20 Internationals for Bangladesh Team, scoring 1758 runs at a 24.08 average.
- Tamim scored 5082 runs in Tests and 7943 runs in ODIs.
- He is the only Bangladesh batsmap who has scored a century in T20Is against Oman in the T20 World Cup 2016 in India.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.