Today Top Current Affairs 20 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
PM Modi Launches National Logistics Policy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Logistics Policy at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi to Reform to ‘Bring New Energy in Every Sector. National Logistics Policy aims to enhance the efficiency of the logistics ecosystem as India and also is fulfilling big export targets and emerging as a manufacturing hub. the National Logistics Policy will bring new energy to all sectors.
- At present, India’s logistic sector has more than 20 government agencies, 40 Partner Government Agencies, 37 export promotion councils, 500 certifications, over 10,000 commodities and a $160-billion market.
Project cheetah: World’s first inter-continental carnivore translocation
Eight cheetahs — five females and three males are being transferred to India from Namibia. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released these eight big cats in Kuno National Park (KNP), Madhya Pradesh, on the occasion of his birthday, which falls on September 17.
- Under Project Cheetah, The cheetahs have been brought to India and India will reintroduce the big cat after they were officially declared extinct in the year1952, and the last cheetah was killed in India in 1947.
- Project Cheetah is the world’s first inter-continental large wild carnivore translocation project.
- In 2020, Supreme Court (SC) approved this project as a pilot programme to reintroduce the species.
- In 2009, The concept of bringing the cheetah back was first presented by conservationists.
Indian Railways to Introduce Newer Version of Vande Bharat 2
The Indian Railways will launch an upgraded avatar of Vande Bharat trains ‘Vande Bharat 2’, aimed at offering improved and better railway facilities to passengers. ‘Vande Bharat 2’ will be equipped with improved features and more advancements.
- The new Vande Bharat train can run from September 30 on the tracks.
- It will be equipped with With better speed, lesser weight, and WI-FI content played on 32-inch LCD TVs on demand.
- The system will be a newly designed Roof Mounted Package Unit (RMPU) for air purification.
Manipur CM Biren Singh launches ‘CM Da Haisi’ Portal to address Public Grievances
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh has launched a web portal called ‘CM Da Haisi’, aimed at enabling people to redress their grievances, and it aims to provide a platform to raise corruption-related issues
- Three phone numbers, including two meant for the anti-corruption cell, will be available on the portal ‘CM da Haisi’ (Let’s inform the CM).
- The portal ‘CM da Haisi’ (Let’s inform the CM) will help people to bring transparency and accountability to governance and delivery of public services.
Kazakhstan Renames Capital, Extends Presidential Term
The president of Kazakhstan signed constitutional amendments to extend the presidential term to 7 years and brought back the old name of the country’s capital.
- The Kazakh parliament unanimously supported the amendments including extending the presidential term to seven years from the current five and The changes also rename the country’s capital, now called Nur-Sultan, back to Astana.
- In 1997, Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan.
PM Narendra Modi visit to Uzbekistan for the SCO Summit 2022
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Samarkand, Uzbekistan on 15-16 September 2022 to attend the 22nd Meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2022 was held recently in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
UNEP launches Green Fins Hub
The United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the UK-based charity Reef-World Foundation launched the Green Fins Hub, aimed at boosting sustainable marine tourism. The Reef-World Foundation has developed this platform in collaboration with the UNEP. The Green Fins Hub is the first-ever global marine tourism industry platform which aims to help diving and snorkelling operators across the world to make simple, cost-efficient changes in their daily practices by implementing international best practices that promote the sustainability of marine tourism.
- The Green Fins Hub will enable operators to keep track of their yearly improvement and communicate with their communities and customers.
- The platform will also help in creating awareness regarding the global best practices to protect coral reefs and their fragile marine ecosystems.
World’s first public database on fossil fuels ‘Global Registry of Fossil Fuels’ launched
Carbon Tracker and Global Energy Monitor launched the “first-ever fully transparent” public database named Global Registry of Fossil Fuels which tracks fossil fuels across the world. The Global Registry of Fossil Fuels has data from more than 50,000 oil, gas and coal fields in 89 countries.
- It was launched to coincide with the two important international climate talks – the UNGA.
- UNGA was held in New York on September 13 and COP27 will be organized in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt in November.
Singapore Central Bank & India’s IFSCA To Pursue Fintech Innovations
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has signed FinTech Co-operation Agreement in the collaboration with Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) for facilitating regulatory collaboration and partnership in FinTech technology.
- The agreement will leverage existing regulatory sandboxes in their respective jurisdictions to support experimentation of technology innovations.
- Both organisations will evaluate the suitability of use cases which could benefit from collaboration across multiple jurisdictions, and invite relevant jurisdictions to participate in a Global Regulatory Sandbox under the agreement.
SBI WeCare FD scheme for senior citizens extended till 31 March 2023
The State Bank of India (SBI) has extended the special fixed deposit scheme called ‘SBI Wecare’ for senior citizens till March 31, 2023. SBI announced the scheme for senior citizens in May 2020. SBI Wecares offers an additional 30 basis points interest rate to the senior citizens on their fixed deposits (FD) for a period of five years and more.
- “A special “ SBI Wecare” Deposit for Senior Citizens includes an additional premium of 30 bps which will be provided Senior Citizen on their retail TD for ‘5 Years and above’ tenor only.
- SBI provides a 6.45% interest rate on a fixed deposit of five years for senior citizens under the special scheme.
SBI Partners with Remitly for Secure and Easy Remittance to India
India’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI) has partnered with Remitly for safe and simple remittances to India. the partnership will enable NRIs to send money through SBI via Remitly to their family members while relaxing at home using mobile and web applications.
- NRIs can send money to 17 Remitly nations thanks to a partnership between SBI and Remitly Remittances from Foreign Countries to India.
- Remitly received permission from the US Department of Treasury as a money services firm to conduct business in all 50 states.
- Users will have the option to send money through UPI, cash pickup, and bank deposits.
Gautam Adani briefly named 2nd richest man in the world
Billionaire tycoon Gautam Adani briefly has become the world’s second richest man and has replaced Bernard Arnault with a whisker on the Forbes list. The Adani Group chairman’s net worth is now at $155.5 billion ( ₹12.37 lakh crore). Later, the Louis Vitton boss reached the second spot while Adani was placed at No.3.
- Adani’s net worth increased with a hike of 3.49 per cent by $5.2 billion.
- Tesla founder Elon Musk is at the top position on the rich list, as per the Forbes Real Time Billionaires List.
- Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani is the 2nd Indian with a net worth of $92.2 billion.
Canadian Pension fund OTPP to buy 30% of Mahindra arm for Rs 2371 crores
Canada-based Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (OTPP) will buy a 30% stake in Mahindra Group’s renewable energy platform Mahindra Susten for Rs 711 crores. OTPP and Mahindra Susten signed binding agreements pursuant to which Ontario Teachers’ will buy the Mahindra Susten stake at an equity value of Rs 2,371 crores.
- The agreement includes renewable engineering, procurement and construction businesses with a capacity constructed of over 4 GWp and an independent power producer business with about 1.54 GWp of operational solar plants.
- Mahindra Group will collect about Rs 1,300 crore (sale of 30 per cent stake and repayment of loans).
Senegal President Macky Sall appointed Amadou Ba as Senegal’s PM
Senegalese President Macky Sall appointed Amadou Ba as Senegal’s PM and has reinstated the post of prime minister. 61-year-old taxation specialist Amadou Ba served as the economy and foreign minister.
- Ba’s appointment has announced the position of prime minister following its abolition in April 2019.
- the president appointed a new government that included 38 ministers.
“Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan” book by Manoj Bajpayee
well-known actor Manoj Bajpayee released a book titled “Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan” at a ceremony in New Delhi. the book includes a variety of poetry. Apurva Chandra showed his opinions at the time and remarked that the book is focused on humour and philosophy.
- Manoj Bajpayee was born on April 23, 1969.
- He is popularly known as Manoj Bajpai.
- Manoj Bajpayee is an Indian actor who primarily performs in Hindi-language films and has also appeared in Telugu and Tamil-language productions.
- He won two Asia Pacific Screen Awards, six Filmfare Awards, and three National Film Awards.
World Wrestling Championships 2022: India’s Bajrang Punia & Vinesh Phogat Wins Bronze
28-year-old wrestler Bajrang Punia won his fourth World Wrestling Championships medal. Vinesh Phogat becomes the first Indian woman to win two bronzes.
- Bajrang won a close 11-9 win on points over Sebastian C. Rivera of Puerto Rico in the 65 kg category.
- Bajrang was defeated by John Michael Diakomihalis of the U.S. in the quarterfinals.
- This was the 3rd bronze in the world. prior to this, he won a bronze in 2013, silver in 2018 and bronze in 2019.
Bengaluru FC Beats Mumbai City FC in the Durand Cup 2022 Final
Bengaluru FC defeated Mumbai City FC by a margin of 2-1 in the summit clash in Kolkata in the Durand Cup Final. Siva Shakti and Alan Costa scored the goals.
Ex-union minister Manikrao Gavit dies at 87
Former union minister and Congress leader Manikrao Gavit died at the age of 87 at a hospital in Maharashtra’s Nashik. A nine-time Lok Sabha MP, Gavit had represented the tribal-dominated Nandurbar constituency between 1980 and 2009 and lost the election in 2014.
- Gavit also served as the Union minister of state home in the Manmohan Singh government in 2004 and minister of state social justice in 2013.
Hyderabad Liberation Day or National Integration Day 2022
The Union government observes the day of September 17 every year as ‘Hyderabad Liberation Day’ and by the government of Telangana as ‘National Integration Day’ as the BJP and Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) contest to stir sensibilities in their attempts to woo the electorate for the Telangana assembly polls.
- 17th September 1948 marks the day of Nizam of Hyderabad Mir Osman Ali Khan, the seventh in the line of the Asaf Jahi dynasty.
- he surrendered in the wake of Operation Polo, the military invasion of Hyderabad by Indian forces.
World Water Monitoring Day 2022
Every year, World Water Monitoring Day is celebrated on September 18th across the world to create public awareness about water monitoring and protecting water resources. this day also involves people in order to monitor local rivers, streams, estuaries and other water bodies’ conditions.
- World Water Day Theme 2022 “Groundwater – Making the invisible visible”.
- In 2003, America’s Clean Water Foundation (ACWF) planned to observe this day as a global educational outreach program.
- it aimed to pay attention to their local water bodies.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.