Today Top Current Affairs 20 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 20 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 20th October 2021 ★★|
|★★ Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 41 ★★|
|★★ Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 137 ★★|
Home Minister Amit Shah flags off Modi Van
On 19th October 2021, Amit Shah has flagged off “Five Mobile Medical Vans” dubbed as Modi Van in the Kaushambi district of Uttar Pradesh under the ‘Seva Hi Sangathan’ programme of BJP.
- The Five Mobile Medical Vans will start its operations in five Assembly Constituencies in Kaushambi.
- The Van will have a 32-inch TV and high-speed internet service that will broadcast ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
- The Van will be used for BJP leaders speeches and rallies, And will aware villagers about the ongoing schemes of the Central Government and their registration.
Global TB Report 2021
On 14th October 2021, The World Health Organization (WHO) has published Global tuberculosis (TB) report 2021. the report analysis a comprehensive and up-to-date assessment of the TB epidemic.
- As per the 2021 Global TB Report, The number of people who have died from TB has increased in 2020.
- India accounts for the top 30 countries with the highest TB burden.
- TB has emerged as the second deadliest infectious killer in the world. New cases of TB are caused to undernutrition, HIV infection, alcohol use disorders, smoking, and diabetes.
Mercer CFS Global Pension Index survey 2021: India ranks 40th
As per the 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index survey, India was ranked at the 40th position out of 43 countries with a score of 43.3.
- in 2020, India ranked at 34th spot out of 39 pension systems.
- In the Index, Iceland has ranked at first place with an index value of 84.2. In contrast, Thailand ranked the lowest overall index value at 40.6.
Indian Fencer Bhavani Devi won Charlellville National Competition in France
Fencer Bhavani Devi has won the Charlellville National Competition in France in the individual women’s Sabre event. She has become the first Indian who has competed in the sport at the Games.
- Currently, Bhavani is ranked 50th in the world.
- She is the top-ranked fencer from India.
Gulzar authors a news book titled “Actually… I Met Them: A Memoir”
The Famous poet-lyricist-director of India Gulzar has authored a new book titled “Actually… I Met Them: A Memoir”.
- The book highlights the interesting unknown facts about legends like Kishore Kumar, Bimal Roy, Ritwik Ghatak, Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Mahasweta Devi, among others.
- The book was published by the publishing group Penguin Random House India.
World Thrombosis Day 2021
Every year, World thrombosis day is celebrated on 13th October across the world. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness and educate citizens about the misunderstood disease of thrombosis.
- On this day, Various events, campaigns, and awareness camps are conducted by the authorities in the world to spreading awareness about the misunderstood disease of thrombosis.
- In 2014, the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis designated 13 October as the world Thrombosis day to mark the awareness of thrombosis.
- The theme 2021 for world thrombosis day is ‘eyes open to thrombosis’.
World Osteoporosis Day 2021
Every year, World Osteoporosis day is celebrated on 20 October in the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise global awareness about the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the disease.
- It also reminds the organizations, governments, and public authorities to take actions related to osteoporosis and fracture-related issues.
- The theme 2021 for World Osteoporosis Day is ‘Serve Up Bone Strength’.
International Chef’s Day 2021
Every year, International Chefs Day is observed on 20 October across the world. the main purpose of this day is to celebrate and honor the noble profession and educate people around the world about eating healthy.
- it also highlights the experienced chefs’s knowledge and culinary skills to the next generation with a sense of pride and commitment.
- Theme 2021 of International Chefs Day is Healthy Food for the Future.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|