Today Top Current Affairs 20 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
NIELIT Centre inaugurated at Leh by Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) Centre Leh, Extension Centre Kargil and IT Enabled Incubation Centre for Handicraft and Handloom Sector.
- Ashwini Vaishnav reiterated the commitment of the Prime Minister to the development of the UT of Ladakh and informed that after the abrogation of Article 370 and the formation of a new UT, the path of development in this area has opened manifolds.
Jitendra Singh Released E-book Civil List-2022 of IAS officers
Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has released the e-book Civil List-2022 of IAS officers at North Block. he said the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) has undertaken several path-breaking reforms in the last 8 years, which can be categorised as reforms related to Governance and reforms related to practitioners of governance.
- the e-book Civil List-2022 of IAS officers will help in selecting the right officer for the right assignment based on available profiles.
- the e-book IAS Civil list is an effort by the Department to contribute to the Digital India initiative of the Government of India.
Ruchi Soya will acquire Patanjali Food Business for Rs 690 crores
Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd will buy Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved Ltd food retail business for ₹690 crores as part of its strategy to focus on non-food, traditional medicine and wellness business.
- The food retail business contains manufacturing, packaging labelling and retail trading of certain food products and the manufacturing plants are located at Padartha, Haridwar, and Newasa, Maharashtra.
- Along with it, The board also give its approval to the change in the company’s name from ‘Ruchi Soya Industries Limited’ to ‘Patanjali Foods Limited”.
Ajay Piramal receives the Order of the British Empire award
Ajay Piramal, Chairman of the Piramal Group has been honoured with an honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Her Majesty The Queen for services to the UK-India trade relationship as India Co-Chair of the UK-India CEO Forum.
- As co-chair of the India-UK CEO forum since 2016, he helped to strengthen the strong bilateral relations between the two countries through greater economic cooperation.
HarperCollins India to publish Preeti Shenoy’s new novel ‘A Place Called Home’
HarperCollins Publishers India will release Bestselling author Preeti Shenoy’s new novel titled “A Place Called Home” in June 2022. “A Place Called Home” novel marks a story set in a coffee estate in Sakleshpur, Karnataka with a strong female protagonist at its core.
- It is about secrets, family, and finding yourself.
BSE named Ex RBI Deputy Governor SS Mundra as Chairman
Leading stock exchange BSE Limited approved the appointment of SS Mundra, Public Interest Director as the Chairman of the board of directors of the company.
- Mundra will take place Justice Vikramajit Sen who is the current chairman.
- Mundra was appointed as Public Interest Director at BSE in January 2018.
- He retired as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India on 30th July 2017.
Delhi Lg Anil Baijal Submits Resignation to President Ramnath Kovind
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has submitted his resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind citing personal reasons. Anil Baijal was appointed as the national capital’s LG in December 2016 after the sudden resignation of Najeeb Jung.
- Baijal served as DDA vice-chairperson and Union Home Secretary during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
- the Congress-led UPA government transferred him to the urban development ministry and he looked at the planning and implementation of the ₹60,000 crores Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission.
Bharti Airtel re-appoints Gopal Vittal as MD and CEO
Bharti Airtel board has decided to reappoint Gopal Vittal as Managing Director (MD) & CEO for a further period of five years ending on January 31, 2028.
- Bharti Airtel received a net profit at Rs 2,007.8 crore in the March quarter, up 141% sequentially and 164% on the year.
- it was Airtel’s 6th successive quarter in the black after 6th straight losses earlier.
4th meeting of National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC)
Piyush Goyal chaired the 4th meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) in New Delhi and assured continued government support in developing the startup ecosystem.
- Minister also appreciated the work made by NSAC members and urged them to focus on tier 2 and tier 3 cities where limited VC funding is available.
- He also launched the NavIC Grand Challenge, which aims at promoting the adoption of NavIC as a geo-positioning solution, a key proponent of digital Aatmanirbharta.
World Bee Day 2022
World Bee Day is observed every year on May 20 across the world. the main purpose of this day is to acknowledge the role of bees and other pollinators in the ecosystem.
- it also marks the birth anniversary of Anton Jansa in the year 1734, who in the 18th century pioneered modern beekeeping techniques in his native Slovenia.
- The Theme 2022 of World Bee Day is ‘Bee Engaged: Celebrating the diversity of bees and beekeeping systems’.
National Endangered Species Day 2022
Every year, National Endangered Species Day is observed on the 3rd Friday of May across the globe. in 2022, the day is to be celebrated on May 20.
- it marks the 16th National Endangered Species Day.
- the main purpose of National Endangered Species Day is to emphasise conserving our planet Earth’s flora and fauna.
- It reminds people they can do a lot to protect these species.
- The National Endangered Species Day theme 2022 is “Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration”.
International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia 2022
Every year, International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia is observed on May 17 to raise awareness of LGBT rights violations and inspire interest in LGBT rights to work around the world.
- The IDAHO Committee was founded to coordinate grassroots actions in different countries, promote the day, and push for official recognition on May 17 by the creators of the International Day Against Homophobia.
- The day of May 17 was selected to honour the World Health Organization’s (WHO) decision in 1990 to remove homosexuality from the International Classification of Diseases.
Daily Current Affairs 20th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.