Today Top Current Affairs 20 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 20 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 20 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 20 May 2020.
Centre ready to implement Shekatkar Committee recommendations of creating border infrastructure
- The Indian Government has planned to execute three an important recommendations of the Shekatkar Committee of Experts (CoE). Shekatkar Committee of Experts was headed by Chairmanship of Lt General D B Shekatkar (Retd). the recommendations are associated with border Infrastructure such as speeding up road construction, leading to socio-economic development in the border areas are included.
Indian Railway to run 200 non-Ac trains daily from 1 June
- On 19 May 2020, The Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has announced that Indian railways is going to run 200 non-Ac trains per day from 01 June 2020.
- Railway Minister has requested to state governments that to help the migrant workers. also, to bring the workers on the road at the nearest mainline stations and register them first and provide a list of workers to the railways so that the trains can run.
National Test Abhyas App
- The Ministry of Human Resources Development has commenced a new mobile application named as “National Test Abhyas”. this App has been developed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). National Test Abhyas aims to help the candidates to take mock tests for exams such as JEE Mains, NEET, etc.
In order to Palestinian refugees’ welfare, India gives $2 million aid
- In order to Palestinian refugees’ welfare, India has given $2 million aid for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) admired India for aid amid Covid-19 pandemic.
About United Nations Relief and Works Agency –
Headquarters – Amman, Jordan
Formation – 8 December 1949
J&K boost e-learning under Samagra Shiksha programme
Under “Samagra Shiksha programme”, Jammu and Kashmir Union territory (UT) administration has commenced a slew of measures. it aims to give facilities to students with a complete access to education via technological interventions amid COVID-19 lockdown.
Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners Amendment Ordinance, 2020’
- The State Government (Govt) of Punjab has created ‘The Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020’. according to new provisions, a prisoner can take temporary release the maximum period of 16 (Sixteen) weeks in a year.
About Punjab –
Chief Minister – Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor– Vijayender Pal Singh Badnore
Science And Technology
Biodegradable metal implants by ARCI & SCTIMST
- International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) has successfully developed new Iron-Manganese based alloys for biodegradable metal implants with the help of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram.
About ARCI –
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Chairperson – Dr Anil Kakodkar
Director – Dr G. Padmanabham
About SCTIMST –
Headquarters- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
President – Dr Vijay Kumar Saraswat
Director – Dr Asha Kishore
Cyclone AMPHAN converts into a super cyclone in the Bay of Bengal
- According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), Cyclone “AMPHAN” which has converted into a super cyclone in the Bay of Bengal. the intensification of the storm is to category V from category I cyclone in only 18 hours.
- The reasons are behind such as high Sea Surface Temperature, low Vertical Shear Winds, and enough Moisture in the middle layers of the atmosphere that has led to the intensification of the cyclone.
Summits & Conference
Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces organizes a webinar on Revitalising Museums and Cultural Spaces
- On the occasion of International Museum Day, Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces, Ministry of Culture, Government of India made arrangements for a webinar on “Revitalising Museums and Cultural Spaces” on 18 May 2020.
- The purpose of webinar was to observe International Museum Day and also, start conversations around creating sustainable cultural organizations in post-pandemic India.
India Joined 73rd WHA
- On 18th May 2020, India joined the 73rd World Health Assembly (WHA) through a video conference. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare represented the country. WHA discussed on Global Vaccine Plan, polio disease eradication, and neglected tropical diseases instead of COVID-19.
Alexander Dalrymple Award 2019 to Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar
- The Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar has been honoured with Alexander Dalrymple Award 2019 for his outstanding contribution to Indian hydrography and across the broader Indian Ocean region. The UK Ministry of Defence presented this award.
Hop On: My Adventures on Boats, Trains and Planes
On the occassion of Ruskin Bond’s 86th Birthday, the book has been released titled ‘Hop On: My Adventures on Boats, Trains and Planes’. the book consists of his memorable travel adventures on boats, trains and planes from his childhood.
Appointments And Resigns
Thomas Thabane resigns from PM post
The Prime Minister of Lesotho Country Thomas Thabane has given its resignation from post. he was suspected of conspiring to murder his former wife. therefore, country is facing political crises. moreover, Finance Minister Moeketsi Majoro is named as next interim PM of the country.
About Lesotho –
Currency: Lesotho loti
World Bee Day
- On 20th May, World Bee Day is celebrated every year across the world to mark the birthday of the pioneer of beekeeping Anton Janša who was born in 1734 in Slovenia.
Today Top Current Affairs 20 May 2020
Q.1 What is the cyclone?
A Cyclone is a large scale air mass that keep rotating about a center of low atmospheric pressure. a Cyclone rotate in counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere around a low-pressure center. Learn More
Q.2 Aim of 73rd Summit of World Health Assembly (WHA)?
Aim of 73rd WHA is to work on the transmission routes of the COVID-19 Virus to find out the possible hosts and to look for best solutions that can help in preventions such outbreaks in the future. Learn More