Today Top Current Affairs 20 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 20 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 20 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 20 June 2020.
Harsh Vardhan to launch India’s 1st I-Lab for Covid-19 Testing
- In New delhi, The Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan has commenced first ever I-Lab (Infectious disease diagnostic lab) of india. the Lab will conduct Covid-19 testing access to rural inaccessible areas of India.
- I-Lab is called as a mobile testing facility which was created by the Andhra Pradesh Med-tech Zone (AMTZ) team in the collaboration of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the National Biopharma Mission. along with it, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is working to implement testing facility.
About Andhra Pradesh Med-tech Zone –
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Dr. Jitendar Sharma
About Department of Biotechnology (DBT) –
Secretary- Dr. Renu Swarup
Headquarters – New Delhi
e-Auction Process of 41 Coal blocks for Commercial mining
- The PM Narendra Modi launched the two stage electronic auction of 41 coal blocks for commercial mining via video-conference under the 20 Lakh crore Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Due to this, state governments may receive Rs 20,000 crore revenues every year and Centre is expecting to get Rs 33,000 crore of capital investment over upcoming five to seven years.
About Ministry of Coal –
Union Minister– Pralhad Joshi
Secretary– Anil Kumar Jain
Headquarters – New Delhi
MNRE to set up Project Development Cell
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has installed a Project Development Cell (PDC) on 17th June 2020. it aims to attract investment in clean energy, especially in the solar sector.
- PDC would offer investment for renewable energy projects where all works are completed they are : detailed project report, land availability.
About Ministry of New & Renewable Energy –
Officeholder – R. K. Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founder – Government of India
Founded – 1992
Under MGNREGA, UP State to provide employment to over 57 lakh migrant workers
- As per data, Uttar Pradesh (UP) has given employment to more than 57 lakh workers in almost 56,981 village panchayats of the state under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). due to this, UP has become as highest employment provider under MGNREG Scheme.
- Followed by Rajasthan that provided employment to 53.45 lakh workers and Andhra Pradesh (AP), West Bengal (WB) and Madhya Pradesh (MP) provided employment to 36 lakh , 26 lakh and 23.95 lakh workers respectively under MGNREG.
About Uttar Pradesh (UP) –
Capital – Lucknow
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Chief minister – Yogi Adityanath
Chief Secretary – Rajendra Kumar Tiwari
Director General of Police – Hitesh C. Awasthy
State animal – Swamp deer
State bird – Sarus crane
State tree – Ashoka
State flower – Palash
State dance – Kathak
State sport – hockey
Climate Change Tracker as 1st Climate Change Assessment in India
- India has issued its first report on the state of the climate crisis on 19th June 2020. report was made with the support of the Ministry of Earth Science(MoES) and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology(IITM) Pune worked on editing.
- Report is based on projections on IITM Earth System Model and Coordinated Regional Climate Downscaling Experiment datasets.
About Ministry of Earth Science(MoES) –
Founded – 2006
Minister– Harsh Vardhan
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) –
Director– Prof. Ravi Shankar Nanjundiah
GOI Grants Funds for Implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tripura
- Under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), Centre has issued funds to Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand & West Bengal.
- GOI issued 1829 Crore rupees for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Maharashtra. GOI issued 1189.40 Crore rupees for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission for Karnataka.
- GOI issued 156.61 Crore rupees for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission for Tripura.
India as 2nd Major Driver of Global Energy Consumption, China tops
- As per 69th edition of “Statistical Review of World Energy 2020, India has been 2nd Major Driver of Global Energy Consumption in 2019. however, China places itself as first Global Energy Consumption.
- On contrast, in 2019, India was at third place in terms of energy consumption and China and United States were at 2nd and 3rd.
Manipur Observes Great June Uprising Day
- In order to remember 18 people who lost their lives during protecting the territorial integrity of Manipur, Manipur state has observed 18th June as 19th Great June Uprising Day.
- The observation committee made all arrangements for event and committee was headed by Sunil Karman and Pheiroijam Nando Luwang.
About Manipur –
Formation: 21 January 1972
Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
Governor: Najma Heptulla
State Mammal -Sangai
State Bird – Nongin
State Flower – Shirui lily
State Tree – Uningthou
ADB Forecast Indian Economy to contract by 4 per cent for FY 2020-21
- According to Asian Development Outlook (ADO), The economy of India will be at 4 per cent in fiscal year (FY) 2020. later, it is expected to be 5 per cent in FY2021.
- in addition, ADB estimated that Countries in ‘Developing Asia’, are expected be grown with 0.1 per cent in FY 2020.
- Along with it, The economy of South-Asian countries will be 3 per cent in FY 2020 and it will be revised down from 6 per cent to 4.9 per cent For FY21-22.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB) –
Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Philippines
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Founded – 19 December 1966
Purpose – Economic development
Membership – 68 countries
Sourav Ganguly and Sunil Chhetri as Brand Ambassadors of JSW Cement
- A part of JSW Group, JSW Cement has selected Ex cricketer Sourav Ganguly and National Football Team & Bengaluru FC’s captain Sunil Chhetri as its new brand ambassadors. they will work for their marketing campaign Leaders Choice in West Bengal, Bihar and Odisha.
About JSW Group –
Founder: Sajjan Jindal
Headquarters : Mumbai
About JSW Cement –
CEO: Nilesh Narwekar
CFO: Narinder Singh
Managing director: Parth Jindal
Subsidiary: Shiva Cement Ltd
An economist & Member of the 10th Finance Commission B.P.R. Vithal Baru passed away
- The noted economist & member of the 10th Finance Commission,IAS Shri B.P.R. Vithal Baru has passed away ath the age of 93. he was suffering with age-related ailments.
- He had served as Secretary, Finance and Planning, government of Andhra Pradesh between 1972 and 1982. he also served as a Deputy Chairman at State Planning Board. along with it, Vithal served Chairman, Expenditure Commission, government of Kerala.
Scriptwriter and Films-maker KR Schidanandan passed away
- The Famous Malayalam Film director, scriptwriter, and producer K.R. Sachidanandan has passed awayat the age of 49. he was admitted in Jubilee Mission Hospital.
Freedom Fighter Dinu Ranadive passed away at 95
- Indian freedom fighter Shri Dinu Ranadive has passed away at the age of 95. he took his last breath at his residency in Dadar,Maharashtra. he was suffering with short illness. his birth place is Dahanu tehsil of adjoining Palghar district, Maharashtra.
About Dinu Randive:
- He started his career as the founder-editor of “Samyukta Maharashtra Patrika”. he had reported on Indo-Pakistan war(1971), railway strike led by George Fernandes(1974), the 1992-93 communal riots in Mumbai, the Goa Freedom Struggle in 1961, the Bangladesh war in 1970-71. he had served as the Chief Reporter in Maharashtra Times.
World Sickle Cell Awareness Day 2020
- World Sickle Cell Awareness Day takes place on 19th June annually since 2008. it aims to create awareness about Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) and the struggle that the sufferers or a patient family face. General Assembly of the United Nation adopted 19th June as World Sickle Cell Awareness Day to recognise SCD as a public health concern.
Q.1 who was Dinu Ranadive ?
He started his career as the founder-editor of “Samyukta Maharashtra Patrika”. he had reported on Indo-Pakistan war(1971), railway strike led by George Fernandes(1974), the 1992-93 communal riots in Mumbai, the Goa Freedom Struggle in 1961, the Bangladesh war in 1970-71.
Q.2 19th Great June Uprising Day ?
In order to remember 18 people who lost their lives during protecting the territorial integrity of Manipur, Manipur state has observed 18th June as 19th Great June Uprising Day.