Today Top Current Affairs 2 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 2 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Punjab Govt Launches ‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan’ Scheme to help Unemployed Youth in ‘enhancing Skills’ for Jobs
The Punjab Chief Minister Shri Captain Amarinder Singh has launched a scheme named ‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan (MKMM)’. the scheme aims to assist unemployed youth in the state and empower the youth by improving their skillset and aptitude so that they find jobs easily in their preferred domains.
- The Youth will be provided free short-term skill training and an additional employment support allowance of Rs 2500 per month for a period of 12 months under the scheme.
- In the beginning, The scheme will work as a pilot project and will cover only construction workers and their wards in Punjab.
- The state govt will spend Rs 90 crore and will target 30,000 beneficiaries to provide benefits of the scheme.
SBI starts off a floating ATM on houseboats on Srinagar’s Dal Lake
The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a floating ATM on Dal Lake in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar. On August 16th, The floating ATM was inaugurated by SBI Chairman Dinesh Khare.
- The floating ATM in the popular Dal Lake fulfils a long-standing need and will be an added attraction to the charm of Srinagar.
About State Bank of India (SBI) –
- Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
Morgan Stanley keeps India GDP growth estimate at 10.5% for FY22
Morgan Stanley has kept the India GDP growth estimate at 10.5 percent for FY2022.
About Morgan Stanley –
- CEO: James P. Gorman
- Headquarters: New York
- Founded: 1931
GST collection in August at over Rs 1.12 trillion: Govt
The finance ministry has said the Govt has collected over Rs 1.12 trillion GST revenue in August for the second straight month.
- The Govt collected Rs 1.16 trillion as GST revenue in July 2021.
The gross GST revenue collected in the month of August 2021
- Total – Rs 1,12,020 crore
- Central GST – Rs 20,522 crore
- State GST – Rs 26,605 crore
- Integrated GST – Rs 56,247 crore
- Cess – Rs 8,646 crore
PayU announces to acquire Indian digital payments provider BillDesk for $4.7 bn
Prosus-backed fintech firm PayU is going to acquire India’s earliest payment gateway BillDesk in an all-cash transaction of $4.7 billion.
- This acquisition will be the largest one in India’s digital payments area.
- Through this acquisition, Prosus’s investment will increase to $10 billion in India and Prosus has invested $6 billion in the Indian tech ecosystem so far.
About PayU –
- CEO: Laurent le Moal
- Founded: 2006
5th India-Kazakhstan Joint Military Exercise “KAZIND-21”
On 1st September 2021, The 5th Edition of the India-Kazakhstan joint military exercise named “KAZIND-21” starts at Training Node Aisha Bibi, Kazakhstan.
- The main purpose of this exercise is to share their expertise and skills in the field of counter-terror operations.
- KAZIND-21 bilateral joint exercise will be conducted between September 1st, 2021, and September 10th, 2021.
- From the Indian Side, 90 soldiers have participated in the exercise and 120 troops from Kazakhstan have joined the 10 days long exercise.
Science and Technology
Ayush Minister Sarbananada Sonowal launches ‘Y-Break’ Yoga protocol app
In New Delhi, The Union Minister of Ayush Shri Sarbanand Sonowal has launched the ‘Y-Break’ mobile application The app was developed by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- The ‘Y-Break’ mobile application has been designed for working professionals to de-stress, refresh and re-focus at their workplace to increase their productivity which consists of Asanas, Pranayam, and Dhyana.
- The app will also facilitate doing yoga and meditation with ease anywhere in just 5 minutes.
- It will be helpful in creating awareness about different Yoga practices.
8th Meeting of Agricultural Experts of BIMSTEC Countries
India has hosted the 8th Meeting of Agricultural Experts of BIMSTEC Countries via video conferencing on August 31st, 2021. Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary, Department of Agricultural Research & Education & Director General, ICAR chaired the meeting.
- The BIMSTEC was founded in 1997 to boost mutual trade, connectivity, and cultural, technical, and economic development in the region.
Members of BIMSTEC
- Sri Lanka
Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit receives an additional charge of Punjab and Chandigarh
President Ramnath Kovind has given the additional charge as Governor of Punjab to Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit.
- Banwarilal Purohit will also serve as the Administrator of Chandigarh.
- He has replaced V P Singh Badnore as the Governor of Punjab and the Administrator of Chandigarh.
- V P Singh Badnore has completed his five-year tenure on August 22, 2021.
World Coconut Day 2021
Every year, World Coconut Day is observed on September 2nd across the world since 2009. the main objective of this day is to promote this tropical fruit and bringing awareness regarding its health benefits.
- In 2021, the theme for World Coconut Day 2021 is “Building a Safe Inclusive Resilient and Sustainable Coconut Community Amid COVID-19 Pandemic & Beyond”.