Today Top Current Affairs 2 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Ministry of Labour & Employment launches DigiSaksham programme in association with Microsoft
Ministry of Labour & Employment has launched DigiSaksham Programme in collaboration with Microsoft India. DigiSaksham Programme is a digital skills program that aims to increase the employability of youth by imparting them digital skills.
- DigiSaksham will also help skill, up-skill and re-skill, keeping employability skills in sync with technology up gradations.
- DigiSaksham initiative will provide free of cost training in digital skills including basic skills as well as advanced computing to over 3 lakh youths in the country.
- jobseekers will be provided training in areas including Java Script, Data Visualisation, Advance Excel, Power Bi, HTML, Programming languages, software development fundamentals, and so on.
DigiSaksham initiative has three types of training
- Digital Skills – Self paced learning,
- VILT mode training (Virtual Instructor led)
- ILT mode training (Instructor led)
Kiren Rijiju Inaugurates First Sports Arbitration Centre of India in Ahmedabad
The Law and Justice Union Minister Kiren Rijiju have inaugurated the first Sports Arbitration Centre of India. the Sports Arbitration Centre of India (SACI) is located in Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- It will act as an independent body to fast track disputes in the sports sector and will also serve as a mechanism to redress issues related to sports.
Indian Organisation LIFE to get 2021 Right Livelihood Award (Sweden’s Alternative Nobel)
The “Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE)” has been selected for the 2021 Right Livelihood Award (called Sweden’s alternative Nobel Prize) for grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment
Also, Three awardees who will get the honor they are:
- Cameroonian women rights activist Marthe Wandou
- Russian environmental activist Vladimir Slivyak
- Canadian Indigenous rights defender Freda Huson
Shiv Nadar, Mallika Srinivasan will receive the 2021 Global Leadership Award
Shiv Nadar and Mallika Srinivasan have been selected for the 2021 Global Leadership Award by the US India Business Council (USIBC).
- The US India Business Council (USIBC) will hobit both recipient at the 2021 India Ideas Summit to be held on October 6th and October 7th, 2021.
- Shiv Nadar is serving as the chairman emeritus of HCL Technologies Limited.
- Mallika Srinivasan is serving as the chair and managing director, Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE).
Amish Mehta appointed as MD & CEO of CRISIL
Amish Mehta has been elected as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of rating agency Crisil. Amish will take place of Ashu Suyash who stepped down to set up her own venture.
- Mehta has served as President and Chief Financial Officer in October 2014.
- He also was appointed as the President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Mehta is a chartered accountant and also has worked as the CFO of Indus Towers
Ranveer Singh becomes the brand ambassador for NBA India
The National Basketball Association (NBA) has decided to appoint Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador for India. Ranveer Singh will help in promoting the league to grow in India.
- He will be the part of number of league initiative of NBA India’s.
“My Life in Full: Work, Family, and Our Future” by Indra Nooyi
The former CEO of PepsiCo Indra Nooyi has penned her memoir titled “My Life in Full: Work, Family, and Our Future”, Hachette India has published her book.
- The book narrates the journey of Nooyi’s life from a middle-class girl from Chennai to be the global chief executive of PepsiCo in 2006, and her success in the corporate world.
International Day of Non-Violence 2021
The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2nd October every year in order to the birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. it is also known as Gandhi Jayanti in India.
- In 2021, Indian is celebrating the 152nd birth anniversary of the global peace icon who was born on 2 October 1869, in Porbandar in Gujarat.
- In 2007, The UN General Assembly passed a resolution to ‘disseminate the message of non-violence and then, International Day of Non-Violence was first observed.
World Day for Farmed Animals 2021
Every year, World Day for Farmed Animals (WDFA) is observed on 2nd October in order to raise awareness in treating animals as sentient beings and make visible the urgency and importance of farm animal welfare.
- the International Animal Welfare Organization, Asia for Animals Coalition, and World Animal Protection celebrate this day every year since 1983.
- It also marks the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhiji as he was an animal lover.
- The day is conducted by FARM (Farm Animal Rights Movement) since 1983.
World Smile Day 2021
Every year, World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday in October. in 2021, this day is being celebrated on October 1st. The day is celebrated because Harvey Ball designed a smiley face.
- In 1999, The first World Smile Day was celebrated.
- Harvey Ball was an artist from Worcester, Massachusetts.
- He created the smiley face.