Today Top Current Affairs 2 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 2 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 2nd July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
India records a current account surplus of 0.9% in FY21
India reported a current account surplus of 0.9% of GDP in FY 21. In FY 20 there was a current account deficit of 0.9%. (data released by the Reserve Bank of India)
- The main reason for it is the sharp contraction in the trade deficit from US$ 157.5 billion to US$ 102.2 billion in 2019-20.
Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 by Startup Blink: US tops
The Startup Blink has releases the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021. as per the index, the US has topped and followed by the UK, Israel, Canada, and Germany got the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place respectively.
2021 Global Startup Ecosystem Index parameters:
The ranking of countries are based on three parametersthey are:
- Business environment.
Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 India Rank
- As per the Index, India has been given 20th place among the top 100 countries by Startup Blink. India has moved up three spots this year Index.
- Apart from this, 43 Indian cities are listed in the top 1000 globally in terms of City-wise ranking.
- In which Bengaluru was in 10th place and has been emerged as the highest-ranked Indian city on the list. moreover, New Delhi (14) and Mumbai (16) are also listed in the Index.
Flipkart launches Shopsy App in order to enable Indians to start their online businesses
Flipkart has launched an app named Shopsy. it will play a role in helping individuals start online businesses without any investment, and also will help in deepening e-commerce penetration, particularly in non-metros.
- Shopsy app will enable Indians to start their online businesses without any investment. With the ability to influence their local network and fulfill their aspirations.
- users of Shopsy will be able to share catalogs of a wide selection of 15 Crore products offered by Flipkart sellers, ranging across Fashion, Beauty, Mobiles, Electronics, and Home, among others with potential customers via popular social media and messaging apps
- Flipkart will aim to enable over 25 million online entrepreneurs by 2023 on the back of digital commerce through Shopsy App.
Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari assumed as Vice Chief of IAF
On 1st July 2021, Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari has taken sworn in as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- He has replaced Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora, Harjit Singh Arora has been retired from service on June 30th, 2021, and has served for 40 years.
- Before assuming the post, he has served as commander-in-chief of the IAF’s Western Air Command (WAC).
12-Year-old Abhimanyu Mishra as Youngest Grand Master in Chess History
On 30th June 2021, Abhimanyu Mishra has become the youngest-ever Grandmaster in chess. Indian-origin boy Abhimanyu is 12 years old and hails from New Jersey.
- He broke the previous record of GM Sergey Karjakin who became the youngest GM at 12 years and 7 months in 2002.
Filmmaker Raj Kaushal Dies at 49 due to Heart Attack
The Famous writer-director-filmmaker Raj Kaushal has taken his last breath at age of 49 due to a massive heart attack. Raj Kaushal was was the husband of veteran television actress Mandira Bedi.
- He began his career as a copywriter and as a filmmaker and he also worked in three of his films in his career, such as Pyaar Mein Kabhie Kabhie, Shaadi Ka Ladoo, and Anthony Kaun Hai.
- Apart from this, he also began his own advertising production company in the year 1998 and also did directed more than 800 commercials.
World UFO Day 2021
World UFO Day (WUD) is celebrated on July 2 every year across the world. the main purpose of this day is to dedicate the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) by World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO).
- This day also creates awareness regarding the existence of UFOs and encourages people to think about the possibility of us not being alone in the Universe.
- In 2001, The first-ever World UFO Day was celebrated by a UFO researcher named Haktan Akdogan. In the beginning, this day was used to observe on two days. but, in some parts of the world, it is observed on June 24th and some observed this day on July 2nd.
World Sports Journalists Day 2021
The day of 2nd June is observed as World Sports Journalists Day every year across the world in order to celebrate the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports.
- in 1994, this day was founded to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the International Sports Press Association (ISPA).