Today Top Current Affairs 1st October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 1st October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM to launch Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0 on 1st October
PM Narendra Modi will launch Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 on 1st October 2021, at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- The Missions will aim to make all cities ‘Garbage Free’ and ‘Water Secure’.
- They will also help contribute towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
‘Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth’ novel by Wole Soyinka
Wole Soyinka’s new novel titled “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth” is released.
- Wole Soyinka hails from Nigeria and is Africa’s first Nobel laureate in Literature. he has penned his last novel titled The Interpreters (1965) and ”Season of Anomy” in 1973.
PK Purwar gets extension as MTNL CMD till Oct 2022
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has decided to extend the additional charge of PK Purwar as chairman and managing director of MTNL for a period of one year.
- Purwar is serving as chairman and managing director of BSNL.
- Sh PK Purwar will serve as CMD of BSNL for a further period of one year w.e.f 15-10-2021 to 14-10-2022 or until further orders
Padmaja Chunduru as appointed MD, CEO of NSDL
Padmaja Chunduru has been appointed as MD (managing director)and chief executive officer (CEO) of National Securities Depositories (NSDL). her appointment was done by the shareholders of NSDL at its meeting held on September 29th, 2021.
- Padmaja Chunduru has taken place of GV Nageswara Rao as the MD & CEO of NSDL.
- Chunduru has served as MD & CEO of Indian Bank from September 2018 to August 2021.
E. R. Sheikh assumes charge as first Director-General of the Ordnance Directorate
E.R. Sheikh has assumed the post as first Director-General of the Ordnance Directorate (Co-ordination and Services).
- Sheikh is an Indian Ordnance Factory Service (IOFS) officer of the 1984 batch.
- He has played a crucial role in the establishment of the modern production line system for the manufacture of small arms ammunition at the Ordnance Factory Varangaon.
- He has served as the Deputy Director General (DDG)-Propellants and Explosives.
Hurun India Rich List 2021: Mukesh Ambani tops
The Chairman of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani has topped the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List for the 10th consecutive year. the Mukesh Ambani total net worth in 2021 is Rs 7,18,000 crore.
- Followed by Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani and Shiv Nadar & family of HCL technologies have been ranked at 2nd and 3rd place with Rs. 5,05,900 crore and Rs 2,36,600 crore respectively.
|S.N.||Richest Indians||Net Worth (2021)|
|1.||Mukesh Ambani (Reliance Industries)||₹7,18,000 crore|
|2.||Gautam Adani (Adani Group)||₹5,05,900 crore|
|3.||Shiv Nadar (HCL)||₹2,36,600 crore|
|4.||SP Hinduja (Hinduja Group)||₹2,20,000 crore|
|5.||Lakshmi Mittal (Arcelor Mittal)||₹1,74,400 crore|
|6.||Cyrus Poonawalla (Serum Institute of India)||₹1,63,700 crore|
|7.||Radhakishan Damani (Avenue Supermarts)||₹1,54,300 crore|
|8.||Vinod Shantilal Adani (Adani Group)||₹1,31,600 crore|
|9.||Kumar Mangalam Birla (Aditya Birla)||₹1,22,200 crore|
|10||Jay Chaudhry (Zscaler)||₹1,21,600 crore|
Tokyo Olympic bronze medalist Rupinder Pal Singh retires from international hockey
The Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey player Rupinder Pal Singh has decided to take retirement from international hockey with immediate effect on September 30th, 2021.
- Rupinder has played 223 matches in his 13 years hockey career for the Indian hockey team.
- He was part of the Indian hockey team that received a bronze medal in the Summer Tokyo Olympics 2020.
Tokyo Olympics Star Birendra Lakra retires from International Hockey
- Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey star Birendra Lakra has also announced his retirement from international hockey with immediate effect on September 30, 2021.
- 31-year-old Lakra was a defender in the Indian team and played Tokyo Olympics.
- Lakra was also part of the Indian team that won a gold medal in Incheon Asian Games 2014 and claimed bronze in 2018 Jakarta.
International Day of Older Persons
The day of 1st October is observed as the International Day of Older Persons every year across the world. this day marks to spread awareness about the need for health provisions and social care for senior citizens.
- The United Nations General Assembly designated October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons on 14th December 1990.
- The Theme 2021 for International Day of Older Persons is “Digital Equity for All Ages”.
International Coffee Day 2021
Every year, International Coffee Day is celebrated on 1st October by member states of the International Coffee Organization (ICO), dozens of coffee associations, and coffee lovers across the world.
- In 2014, The member states of the International Coffee Organization (ICO) designated 1st October as International Coffee Day to make celebration for coffee lovers around the world.
- Next year, on 1st October 2015, First International Coffee Day was observed.
- International Coffee Organization (ICO) will draw attention to International Coffee Day 2021 and the theme 2021 will be ‘Coffee’s Next Generation’.
World Vegetarian Day 2021
World Vegetarian Day is celebrated on 1st October every year to highlight the benefits of vegetarianism. it aims to raise awareness about the ethical, environmental, health, and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
- in 1977, The North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) formed World Vegetarian Day in order to promote a vegetarian lifestyle. the International Vegetarian Union backed this day further in 1978.
- International Vegetarian Week (IVW) will be observed from 1st October to 7th October 2021 as full week.