Today Top Current Affairs 19 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 19 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 19th October 2021 ★★|
|★★ Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 41 ★★|
|★★ Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 137 ★★|
Centre makes a panel to suggest an alternative model of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The Center has created a new panel that will help in providing alternative sustainable, financial, and operational models for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). the new modal will be for the Kharif 2022.
- The CEO of PMFBY, Ritesh Chauhan has been appointed as the head of the panel.
- Some Indian states have quited the scheme due to high burden of subsidy
NITI Aayog Launches Geospatial Energy Map of India
On 18th October 2021, NITI Aayog has launched a Geographic Information System (GIS)-based Energy Map of India in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Energy Map of India will help in providing a holistic picture of all energy resources of the country with a visualization of energy installations including power plants, oil and gas wells, petroleum refineries, coal fields and coal blocks, district-wise data on renewable energy power plants, and so on.
- It will identify and locate all primary and secondary sources of energy and their transportation/transmission networks in the country.
- it will be used for planning and making investment decisions.
- It can also aid in disaster management using available energy assets.
ICC and UNICEF to run a campaign on mental health issues among children and adolescents
UNICEF has partnered with International Cricket Council (ICC) in order to create awareness about mental health issues and wellbeing amongst children and adolescents throughout the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
- ICC will help in promoting the #OnYourMind campaign of UNICEF during the tournament.
- OnYourMind campaign will urge for greater commitment, connection and conversation around mental health and physical wellbeing.
Indian Army team won gold medal in the Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2021
The Indian Army has achieved the gold medal at the 2021 Cambrian Patrol Exercise. the Cambrian Patrol Exercise 2021 was conducted at Brecon, Wales, in the United Kingdom between 13th October and 15th October 2021.
- In the Excercise, a total of 96 teams which included 17 international teams representing Special Forces and prestigious Regiments participated in the event.
- The Teams performed under harsh terrain and inclement cold weather conditions
Banking & Finance
RBI fines Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI
On 18th October 2021, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has fined a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore on State Bank of India (SBI). State Bank of India (SBI) is India’s largest public lender bank.
- RBI imposed a penalty for non-compliance with the directions contained in “RBI (Frauds classification and reporting by commercial banks and select FIs) directions 2016” under the provisions of section 47A (1) (c) read with sections 46(4)(i) and 51(1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|