Today Top Current Affairs 19 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 19 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 19 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 19 May 2020.
Centre introduces various initiatives to increase Education Sector
- On 17 May 2020, in New Delhi, The Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has come up with various initiatives that will help in boosting the education sector.
- Nirmala has introduced new challenges and several opportunities amid pandemic situation for the education system in the nation.
Charan Paduka campaign
- Madhya Pradesh State Government has started off a campaign namely “Charan Paduka” for the migrant labourers moving through the state. according the campaign, labourers who are going barefoot in order to reduce their pain, they will be offered shoes and slippers.
Science And Technology
new species fungi named Troglomyces twitteri, founded
- The Researchers of University of Copenhagen’s Natural History Museum of Denmark has found a new species of parasitic fungus via Twitter. the newly found fungus was given name “Troglomyces twitteri”, after Twitter.
AA plus (+) COVID-19 testing solution by ESDS to detect coronavirus
- The IT solutions provider ESDS Software Solution has successfully created AA+ COVID-19 Testing Solution. it is a rapid COVID-19 Virus detection solution powered by Deepiotics. along with it, The testing solution an AI-enabled tool that will detect COVID-19 from Chest X-rays (CXRs).
CySecK begins a programme “H.A.C.K” for Cyber Security Startups
- Karnataka’s Centre of Excellence in cyber security (CySecK) has beguna a new program that is named as “H.A.C.K”. H.A.C.K is the Karnataka’s first ever cybersecurity-specific accelerator programme that is included of 21 start-ups on board across three cohorts: 10x cohort, 0-1 cohort and virtual cohort.
Rajesh Goel as new DG of NAREDCO
- Rajesh Goel has been chosen as new director-general (DG) of the Realtors body National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO). before, Rajesh served as the chairman and managing director (MD) of Hindustan Prefab Ltd. he has an experience of more than 37 years in leading PSUs under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Jack Ma resigns from SoftBank board
- The Co-founder of Alibaba, Jack Ma is going to give resign from SoftBank board of directors. Jack Ma has been serving for almost 13 years in the board. it is expected that Jack Ma will resign from the Group’s board on 25 June 2020.
Bank and Business
Canara Bank introduce gold loan business vertical
- The largest public sector Canara Bank has recently introduced a special business vertical dedicated to gold loans. this new gold loans will meet the financial needs of its customers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. gold loan campaign will be run by bank till 30th June 2020 and the interest rate will be 7.85% per annum.
Kotak Mahindra Bank as 1st bank in the country to allow video KYC
- With allowence of video Know your customer (KYC) facility for customers opening savings accounts on Kotak 811 – the banks digital banking platform, Kotak Mahindra Bank has become the first bank of india. at present, bank has launched initiative on a pilot basis for savings accounts, Kotak Mahindra. using Video KYC, documents verification, signature are completed through a video call with involvement of a representative from the bank.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank –
CEO: Uday Kotak
Founded – February 2003
Founders – Uday Kotak
ICC prohibit the use of saliva to shine ball
- The Committee of International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Cricket has planned to ban on the use of saliva to shine the ball. due to the threats of COVID-19 and protect the safety of players and match officials, ICC has taken this step.
About ICC –
Chairperson: Shashank Manohar
Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
CEO: Manu Sawhney
Founded: 15 June 1909
Motto: Cricket for good.
Bundesliga as 1st major sports event to resume post lockdown
- The Bundesliga primary football league of Germany has been as the first major sports event of the world that has resumem after COVID-19 Virus lockdown. The Bundesliga games started off without visitors. however, the capacity of stadium is more than 80000 players. Bundesliga is known as “Federal League”.
Marathi writer, playwright Ratnakar Matkari passes away
- Due to COVID-19, An Efficient Marathi writer and playwright, Shri Ratnakar Matkari has taken his last breath. He was famous as a pioneer of the children’s drama movement in Marathi. he paid contribution in plays, short stories, the novel has enriched the world of Marathi literature. he won National Film Award for the best Marathi for His film Investment.
Today Top Current Affairs 19 May 2020
Q.1 What is AA+ COVID-19 Testing Solution?
AA+ COVID-19 Testing Solutio is a rapid COVID-19 Virus detection solution powered by Deepiotics. along with it, The testing solution an AI-enabled tool that will detect COVID-19 from Chest X-rays (CXRs). Learn More
Q.2 About Troglomyces twitteri?
The Researchers of University of Copenhagen’s Natural History Museum of Denmark has found a new species of parasitic fungus via Twitter. the newly found fungus was given name “Troglomyces twitteri”, after Twitter. Learn More