Today Top Current Affairs 19 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 19 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 19 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 19 June 2020.
India : Formal Jobs increased by 28.7 per cent to 78.58 Lakh in 2019-20
- As per the payroll data of EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation), in India, the formal jobs has got 28.6 per cent increment at 78.58 lakh in 2019-20. in 2018 -19, 61.12 lakh jobs were added.
- The main reasong behind this is : Govt reformed policies such as implementing GST, allowing fixed income contracts as well as better returns on PF (Provident Fund) deposits that result low withdrawal by EPFO subscribers.
About EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation) –
Founded: 4 March 1952
Headquarters: New Delhi
Central Provident Fund Commissioner– Sunil Barthwal
India as non-permanent member of UN Security Council for 2021-22
- India has been chosen as the non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. India got victory in the election for a two-year term and got 184 votes in the 193-member General Assembly. India has won the non-permanent seat from the Asia-Pacific category for the period from 2021 to 2022. the period will be started on 1st January 2021.
Telangana Issues Ordinance to clear Payment of Employees, Pensioners
- The Telangana govt has issued Telangana Disaster and Public Health Emergency (Special Provisions) Ordinance 2020 that will defer salaries and pensions of its employees, pensioner, institution, any person (ready contract or outsourcing employees) across the Telangana State amid Coronavirus.
About Telangana –
Founded – 2nd June 2014
Capital – Hyderabad
Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
Chief minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
State Mammal – deer
State Bird – Roller
State Flower – Senna auriculata
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Prosopis cineraria
State River – Krishna, Godavari, Krishna River, Manjira River and Musi River
State Sport – Kabaddi
Karnataka Observed Mask Day on 18th June 2020
- The CM of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa has made announcement to observe 18th June 2020, as “Mask Day”. it aims to create awareness to the general public on the importance of wearing a mask, using sanitisers, washing hands and maintaining social distancing against Corona.
RBI draws new rules for Housing Finance Companies and increased Minimum NOF to Rs 20 crore
- RBI is creating a new regulator of housing finance companies (HFCs) and proposed to make changes to be prescribed for HFCs in order to increase their efficiency and address concerns of liquidity and double financing.
- Non-deposit (ND) taking HFCs (HFC-ND) will be with asset size of Rs 500 crore and all deposits taking HFCs (HFC-D), irrespective of asset size, would be treated as a systemically important HFCs.
- HFCs assets must be min 50 per cent for Housing loans. if HFC is not fulfil that will be treated as NBFC – Investment and Credit Companies (NBFC-ICCs).
About Reserve Bank of India –
Bank rate: 4.00%
Interest on reserves: 3.35%
Founder: British Raj
Founded: 1 April 1935
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
SEBI alters SEBI (SAST) Regulations, 2011 to boost promoters shareholding
- Under section 30 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 (15 of 1992), SEBI has made some changes in the regulation 3, in sub-regulation (2) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011 (SEBI-SAST). it aims to boost the acquisition limit for promoters of a listed company.
- As per new amendment, promoters will take 25 or more per cent shares or voting rights in a company which was 5% limit earlier.
About SEBI –
Founded: 12 April 1992
Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
ICICI Home Finance begins SARAL, Affordable Housing Loan Scheme
- ICICI Home Finance Company Limited (HFC) has started off a special affordable housing loan scheme named as SARAL in order to finance homes in urban and rural areas.
- The women, lower, middle income customers and economically weaker sections will be able to take advantage of scheme who is maximum household income up to Rs 6 lakh per annual.
- To take a loan under this Scheme, woman must have compulsory ownership in the country’s rural areas from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
About ICICI Home Finance Company Limited(HFC) –
Chairman– Anup Bagchi
MD and CEO – Anirudh Kamani
In order to cover COVID-19, Karnataka Bank begins Health Insurance Policy with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- Karnataka Bank has made partnership with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company in order to begin a health insurance policy.
- Insurance policy will cover the individuals’ COVID-19 pandemic related health expenses.
- insurance will be available at nominal premium of Rs 399. the price includes all taxes.
About Karnataka Bank –
Headquarters – Mangalore
CEO – Mahabaleshwara M. S
Founded – 18 February 1924
About Universal Sompo General Insurance Company –
Headquarters location – Mumbai
Founded – 2007
MD & CEO– Sharad Mathur
Bank of Baroda make Lending Operations Fully Digitized
- The third largest lender Bank of India, Bank of Baroda has made its lending operations fully digitised. lending operations are such as home, agriculture, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME), personal and auto loans.
- BOB sets up new vertical, digital lending Department at the corporate office that will be substantial overlap with several credit verticals suac as Retail, MSME, Agri & service verticals like Analytics centre, Risk Management, Marketing are included.
About Bank of Baroda –
Headquarters Alkapuri, Vadodara
Founder – Sayajirao Gaekwad III
Founded – 20 July 1908
Volkan Bozkir as first Turkish to be selected as the President of 75th UN General Assembly
- 69 years old Volkan Bozkir has been elected as the president of the 75th United Nations(UN) General Assembly and he becomes 1st turkish to get post.
- He will serve for the period of one year and he is going to take place of Tijjani Muhammad-Bande.
About 75th session of UN General Assembly –
Date– 15 Sept 2020 to 30 Sept 2020
Location– New York, United States
Organiser– UN Secretariat
About UN General Assembly –
Headquarters– New York, United States
Kubatbek Boronov as Kyrgyzstan’s Prime Minister
- 55 years old Kubatbek Boronov has been chosen as new Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan nation. President Sooronbai Jeenbekov signed an order for his appointment. Kubatbek will take place of Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziyev who took resignation on 15th June due to accusations of corruption.
- parliament approved his appointement after getting 105 votes out of 116.
- Kubatbek served as the first deputy prime minister in 2018 and also served as former Emergency Minister between 2011 and 2018.
About Kyrgyzstan –
Capital – Bishkek
Currency – Kyrgyzstani som
largest city – Bishkek
President – Sooronbay Jeenbekov
Former Lok Sabha MP and Banker Madhavrao Patil passed away at 80
- The Ex Lok Sabha Member and the founder of Janalaxmi Cooperative Bank Shri Madhavrao Balwant Patil ji has taken his last breath at the age of 80 in Nashik, Maharashtra. he born on 21st January 1940 in Nashik, Maharashtra.
About Madhavrao Patil –
- Madhavrao served as an Agriculturalist, Management consultant, Industrialist and a Banker. in the year 1964, he becomes Congress party member. in 1998, he was chosen as 12th Lok Sabha’s member from the Nashik.
The Debut Novel of Megha Majumdar – “The Burning”
- The Penguin Hamish Hamilton has published its debut novel of Megha Majumdar named as “The Burning”. The Burning book highlights the lives of three characters, are : Tommy Orange, Yaa Gyasi and Jhumpa Lahiri who are wanting to rise to the middle class, to political power, to gain fame in the film industry and how their lives changed in Indian society.
Sustainable Gastronomy Day 2020
- Every year, the day of 18th June is cosidered as Sustainable Gastronomy Day across the world. this day aims to acknowledge gastronomy as a cultural expression associated to nature as well as the cultural diversity of the globe. also, one culture and civilizations are paying contributions and crucial enablers of sustainable development throughout the planet.