Today Top Current Affairs 19 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Poverty In India Declined 12.3 Percentage Points Between 2011-2019: World Bank Paper
As per the World Bank Policy Research Working Paper, Extreme poverty in India declined by 12.3% points between 2011 and 2019, with rural areas doing better than urban centres.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKAY) helped to offer free foodgrains to the poor and played a key role in keeping extreme poverty in India at the lowest level of 0.8 per cent during the Covid-19.
- Real incomes for farmers with the smallest landholdings have grown by 10 per cent in annualised terms between the two survey rounds, compared to a 2 per cent growth for farmers with the largest landholding.
BRO to build world’s highest tunnel at 16580 feet to connect Himachal to Ladakh through Shinku La Pass
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is going to build the world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass, which will connect Himachal Pradesh to Zanskar Valley in Ladakh
- The tunnel will be constructed at a height of 16,580 feet.
- the construction of the tunnel will start by July 2022 and will be completed by 2025.
- Indian Govt has made ‘Project Yojak’ of BRO to execute this ambitious project.
- The tunnel will have two portals such as south and north. the south portal will be at Shinku La, and the north portal will be at Lakhang.
Lt Gen Manoj Pande as India’s next Chief of Army Staff
Lieutenant General Manoj Pande has been appointed as the new Chief of Army Staff. He will succeed General M M Naravane on May 1st, 2022.
- The Vice Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Pande will be the 1st officer from the Corps of Engineers to be the COAS.
- Manoj Pande is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned in the Corps of Engineers (Bombay Sappers) in December 1982.
Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi resigns as President of Yemen
Yemeni President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi has resigned from the post of President under pressure from Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud has handed a written decree to Hadi.
- Hadi had served as the president of Yemen from 2012 until 2022.
- Capital: Sana’a;
- Currency: Yemeni rial
New Zealand pacer Hamish Bennett announced retirement from all forms of cricket
New Zealand pacer (fast bowler) Hamish Bennett has decided to retire from his 17-year-old cricket career with the 2021/22 season.
- The 35-year-old, Hamish Bennett played his T20I against Bangladesh in Mirpur, Pakistan in September 2021.
- Hamish Bennett started his international career in October 2010 and has represented New Zealand in one Test, 19 One Day International (ODIs) and 11 Twenty-20 Internationals (T20Is).
- He has taken 33 wickets in ODIs and 10 wickets in T20Is.
Haryana won 12th Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship
Haryana has become the winner of the 12th Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship. in the final, Haryana defeated Tamil Nadu 3-1 in the shootout after the final ended 1-1 in the regulation time.
- Haryana has won the trophy for the first time since 2011.
- Karnataka defeated Maharashtra 4-3 in the third/fourth place classification match.
- The 12th Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship was held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh from 6th April to 17th April 2022.
International Day For Monuments and Sites 2022
The day of 18th April is observed as International Day for Monuments and Sites (World Heritage Day).
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness regarding the diversity of cultural heritage of humanity, their vulnerability and the efforts required for their protection and conservation.
- The World Heritage Day 2022 theme is Heritage and Climate.
World Liver Day 2022
Every year, World Liver Day is observed on April 19 across the world. it aims to raise awareness about liver-related disorders and diseases.
- the liver is the 2nd largest and the 2nd most complex organ in the body, after the brain.
- World Liver Day also motivates people to adopt a healthy lifestyle, avoid eating oily and greasy food and spread awareness about liver diseases.
Daily Current Affairs 19th April 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.