Today Top Current Affairs 18 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 18 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 18th October 2021 ★★|
|★★ Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 41 ★★|
|★★ Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 137 ★★|
NITI Aayog – UNDP Launch Handbook on Sustainable Management of Plastic Waste
NITI Aayog has launched a handbook titled ‘NITI Aayog-UNDP Handbook on Sustainable Urban Plastic Waste Management in the collaboration with UNDP India. The Handbook will help in promoting sustainable management of plastic waste in the country.
- The Handbook consists of the best practices and examples from cities in India and Southeast Asia that face similar infrastructure and plastic waste challenges.
- The handbook is a repository of 18 case studies/best practices from India, including 4 from south Asian countries divided into four major components, including
- a) Technical models for recycling,
- b) Material Recovery Facilities (MRF),
- c) Governance for effective plastic waste management,
- d) IEC and Digitization.
Punjab CM Charanjit Channi launches Mera Ghar Mere Naam scheme
On 17th October 2021 (Sunday), The Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Channi has launched a new scheme titled ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’. the purpose of the Mera Ghar Mere Naam scheme is to confer proprietary rights on the people living in the houses within the ‘Lal Lakir’ of villages and the cities.
- ‘Lal Lakir’ mark the land that is part of the village habitation and is used for non-agriculture purposes only.
- The govt will also begin the drone survey of residential properties, both in rural and urban areas for digital mapping.
- The Punjab govt will also provide the property cards to all eligible residents after conducting proper identification or verification.
- CM has also laid the foundation stone of the tehsil complex that will come up at ₹2.69 crores and a park after Maharaja Ranjit Singh at ₹4.5 crores in Dinanagar.
Jonas Gahr Store Assumed Charge as Prime Minister of Norway
Jonas Gahr Store has assumed the charge of the Prime Minister of Norway. his appointment has come into effect from October 14th, 2021.
- Jonas Gahr Store is the Leader of the Labour Party in Norway.
- He has won the parliamentary elections.
- the parliamentary elections was held in September 2021.
- Prime Minister Erna Solberg was serving as PM and after the parliamentary elections, her government stepped down.
PM Employment Generation Plan: UP tops in financing units
The Govt of UP (Uttar Pradesh) has financed the highest number of units in the country under the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
- the Govt has facilitated more than Rs 123 crore as margin money through various banks to about 3,588 units.
Banking & Finance
PhonePe and NBBL to launch ClickPay
Digital payment platform PhonePe has launched ClickPay for its customers in the collaboration with NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd (NBBL)
- ClickPay is a unique payment link.
- It will allow users to make recurring online bill payments (electricity, water, gas, loan, etc).
- Users can also remove the need to remember tedious account details associated with each biller or service.
PayPal launches India Digital Trade Facilitation Forum
PayPal has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) in order to launch the India Digital Trade Facilitation Forum (IDTFF) for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- Under an MoU, PayPal will offer education, training, and capacity building to empower MSMEs.
- It will also help scale their businesses across global markets using digital platforms.
India win 2021 SAFF Championship, beat Nepal 3-0
India has won the 2021 SAFF Championship final title and defeated Nepal, 3-0. the final match was held at the National Football Stadium in Male, Maldives. three goals were hit by Sunil Chhetri, Suresh Singh Wangjam, and Sahal Abdul Samad.
- India has claimed its 8th SAFF Championship title. prior to this, India won SAFF Championship title in 1993, 1997, 1999, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2015.
- Sunil Chhetri scored his 80th international goal in India’s win and has equaled the iconic Lionel Messi.
- he has become the second-highest goal-scorer in international football among active players.
Divya Deshmukh becomes India’s Woman Grand Master
Divya Deshmukh has become India’s latest Woman Grand Master (WGM) at the First Saturday Grandmaster chess tournament in Budapest, Hungary.
- She scores a rating performance 2452.
- She secured her third and final WGM-norm.
‘Healthy Smile’ app launched to spread awareness about maintaining oral hygiene among children
The Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry has launched A bi-lingual mobile application named ‘Healthy Smile’ to spread awareness about maintaining oral hygiene among children.
- The “Healthy Smile” app is a bilingual application.
- It has been developed through the AIIMS intermural research grant.
“Healthy Smile” app Features
- The app consists of a musical 2-minute brushing timer with “motivational songs”,
- it also has brushing demonstration videos, preventive dental care tips, and so on.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|