Today Top Current Affairs 18 October 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 18 October 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Global Hunger Index 2020
- The Global Hunger Index 2020 report has been published and it states that India got 94th position out of 107 nations. India has entered under serious category and it got a score of 27.2. in the last year, India got the 102nd position out of 117 nations. Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan were given 73rd, 75th and 88th position respectively in the index.
- Welhunger life has prepared this report with Concern Worldwide. Other 13 nations are most worsen than India they are Rwanda (97), Nigeria (98), Afghanistan (99), Liberia (102), Mozambique (103), Chad (107) among others.
SCALE India Android App
- Leather Sector Skill Council has introduced SCALE India Android App for Leather Employees in order to boost Quality Assurance under Skill India Mission. SCALE app will able to function on a smart handheld device, desktop/laptop, smartphones, tablets and so on. employers will get assessments in Hindi, Tamil, English and Bengali and furthermore regional languages will be added.
Yogi Adityanath begins Mission Shakti for the security of women in the state
- On 17th October 2020, The UP Govt has introduced ‘Mission Shakti’ programme. it highlights the first day of the Shardiya Navratri festival. ‘Mission Shakti’ campaign will be in operation for six months and the main purpose of it is to ensure women safety and women will be trained to be self-reliant.
- The campaign will start between 17th October and 25th October 2020 during the initial phase.
- As per the campaign, many awareness programmes will be conducted by state govt and it will help in making women and children aware of the security measures to keep them safe.
About Uttar Pradesh –
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
In order to offer doorstep governance in urban areas, ‘My Town My Pride’ Campaign begins
- Manoj Sinha Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir has launched an initiative named ‘My Town My Pride’. it aims to offer governance at the doorstep in urban areas. The programme will be conducted for two days between 19th and 20th October 2020.
- Urban people will get governance at their doorsteps and they will be ensured on spot redressal of their issues and grievances.
- Under the programme, People will receive documents such as domicile, SC/ST/RBA/ALC/OBC certificates, pensions, scholarships, PMAY, KCC, Health Golden Cards, Ladli Beti and so on.
Jacinda Ardern as New Zealand’s Prime Minister for her second term
- On 17th October 2020, The New Zealand PM, Jacinda Ardern has got the victory in the general election and she is chosen as Prime Minister of New Zealand for the second consecutive three-year term. She got 49.2 per cent votes out of 83.7 per cent votes in the 120-member parliament.
- She is 40 years old and serving as 40th Prime Minister. she was chosen as PM on 26th October 2017.
About New Zealand –
Capital – Wellington
Prime Minister – Jacinda Ardern
Demonym – Kiwi
MD and CEO of Union Bank of India Rajkiran Rai as IBA Chairman
- Rajkiran Rai G has been selected as the Chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for the term 2020-21. he is the CEO and MD of Union Bank of India. he is going to take place of Rajnish Kumar. Rajnish Kumar has retired as SBI Chief.
About Union Bank of India –
Headquarters – Mumbai
CEO – Rajkiran Rai G.
Founded – 11 November 1919
About IBA –
CEO – Sunil Mehta
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – 26 September 1946
Vishal V. Sharma as India’s next envoy to UNESCO
- Vishal V. Sharma is chosen as the next Permanent Representative of India to the UN’s cultural body, UNESCO. he is going to take place of Shri Jawed Ashraf.
About UNESCO –
Headquarters – Paris
Head – Audrey Azoulay
Founded – 16 November 1945
Britain’s Michael Irani becomes an interim President of IWF
- The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) has decided to appoint Michael Irani as its interim President. she becomes 3rd hird interim President during the period of three days. She is 71 years old and served as a chair of the IWF Anti-Doping Commission.
About International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) –
Headquarters – Budapest, Hungary
President – Ursula Papandrea
Founded – 1905
Umar Gul declares retirement from cricket
- Fast bowler Umar Gul has made an announcement to take retirement from international cricket after National T20 Cup. National T20 Cup will be finished on 18th October 2020. He is 36 years old and he gave his 20 years for cricket. during the career, he played 47 Tests, 130 ODIs, 60 T20I and 125 First-Class cricket.
About Pakistan Cricket Board –
Chairperson – Ehsan Mani
CEO – Wasim Khan
Headquarters – Lahore
Men’s coach – Misbah-Ul-Haq
Women’s coach – David Hemp
Founded – 1949
78 years old Bengali Vocal Artist Pradip Ghosh died
- The famous Bengali elocutionist Pradip Ghosh has taken his last breath of life at the age of 78. he was found positive for COVID-19 infection. He was a receptor and renowned vocal artist and he was also known as for his inimitable style of recitation.