Today Top Current Affairs 18 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 18 November 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Statue of Peace in Rajasthan
The Indian PM Shri Narendra Modi Ji has Inaugurated the ‘Statue of Peace’ in Rajasthan state. it was dedicated to Jain Monk Acharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwarji Maharaj.
- The statue is 12.6 feet in length and it was unveiled on Acharya Shree Vijay Vallabhsuri’s 151st birthday anniversary.
- the statue is placed at Vijay Vallabh Sadhana Kendra, Jetpura, Pali, State Rajasthan.
- The Statue of Peace made of Ashtadhatu. it consists of Copper.
Coastal Security Police introduced Kadalu App
The Fisheries Minister of Karnataka state Srinivasa Poojary has introduced a new app for fishermen named Kadalu App. it will help and provide supports to state’s fishermen. the Fishing Awareness program was organized in Moodukudu.
- The Coastal Security Police has designed and created this app with the help of Karnataka govt.
About Kadalu App
- It will offer its assistance to fishermen for filling information regarding arrival and departure.
- It will count fishing boats which go to deep sea and will help in boosting rescue operations.
DIPAM and the World Bank signed an Agreement
The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has signed an MoU with the WB (World Bank) on 16th November 2020. as per an MoU, the World Bank will offer its advisory services on asset monetization.
- It forms new sources of income by opening underutilized or utilised public assets.
- DIPAM functions to facilitate monetization of non-core assets and enemy assets of 100 crores rupees.
2nd Phase of Exercise Malabar 2020
On 17th November 2020, the 2nd phase of Exercise Malabar 2020 has been started off in Northern Arabian Sea and it will run till 20th November 2020.
- The Malabar Exercise Phase first was held in the Bay of Bengal and organized between 3rd November 2020 and 06th November 2020.
- In the Exercise, Vikramaditya from Indian Navy and US Navy’s Nimitz Carrier will participate.
- It aims to conduct advanced air defence exercises, anti-submarine warfare exercises and synergy by navies.
94 years old physicist Masatoshi Koshiba died
The physicist from Japan country Masatoshi Koshiba has taken his last breath at the age of 94. he received Nobel prize in Physics with Raymond Davis Jr in the year 2002.
- They got the Nobel prize for “for pioneering contributions to astrophysics, in particular for the detection of cosmic neutrinos”
72 years Empowerment Minister Bhanwarlal Meghwal died
The Empowerment Minister Shri Bhanwarlal Meghwal Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 72. he suffered from brain haemorrhage.
- He became MLA for five times and represented the Sujangarh assembly constituency of Churu district.
- The Rajasthan CM Gehlot and PM Modi soothed the Meghwal’s death.
Liverpool goalkeeper Ray Clemence died
72 years old Ex-English football goalkeeper Raymond Neal Clemence has passed away. he was suffering from prostate cancer.
- He played more than 1000 matches during his football career.
- He played his debut match for Scunthorpe United and after that, he became the part of Tottenham, Liverpool and England.
- He also played a role as a coach for England and Spurs.
Ex Lt Governor Chandrawati passed away
92 years old Shri Mati Chandrawati has died. she was the first woman MP of Haryana in the year 1977 and she also served as Lt-Governor for Puducherry.
Nivesh Neo Banking Platform
The SBM Bank India has introduced the neo banking platform in the collaboration of PayNearby. it aims to reach its customers across the nation.
- The neo banking service is also known as Nivesh and Nivesh service will be a single Goal-Based Recurring Deposit Platform.
What is Neo Banking
- Neo banking has many names such as online banking, internet banking, digital or virtual banking. it helps in working online and don’t need any physical branch networks.
Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
RBI has formed a Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH). the main objective of it is to boost innovation in the financial sector with the help of leverage on technologies and along with it, it will make an environment where innovation would be facilitated and fostered.
- RB Innovation Hub will have 10 members and Senapathy Gopalakrishnan will serve as chairperson of the hub.
- The GC (Governing Council) will play role in managing Hub.
HDFC Bank begins Mooh Band Rakho campaign
HDFC Bank has begun a new campaign called Mooh Band Rakho on 17th November 2020. it aims to boost awareness regarding cyber frauds and to find ways to prevent such frauds.
- It will also play a role in protecting people from cyber frauds.
- People are using banking services online during Corona Virus that’s why the campaign will be as a boon.