Today Top Current Affairs 18 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 18 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 18 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 18 June 2020.
AP as 1st state, presented its Budget of 2.24 lakh crore amid COVID-19
- The Andhra Pradesh (AP)’s Finance Minister Shri Buggana Rajendranath brought the AP state budget for Rs 2.24 lakh crore for the FY2020-2021.
- Due to this, AP becomes the first state who has convened its Legislative Assembly and Council amid the Covid-19 pandemic. apart from this, AP Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan addressed the Assembly via video conference.
About Andhra Pradesh (AP) –
Capital – Amaravati, Hyderabad
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Chief minister – Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
State Dance – Kuchipudi
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Parrot
State Fish – Korrameenu
State Flower – Jasmine
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Neem
State Sport – Kabaddi
In order to be Net-Zero Carbon, Infosys Signed Climate Pledge with Amazon and Global Optimism
- On 16 June 2020, Infosys has made partnerships with Amazon and Global Optimism and has signed on the Climate Pledge in order to be net-zero carbon by 2040. Climate Pledge is an initiative by Jeff Bezos who is founder of Amazon and Christiana Figueres, founder of Global Optimism.
About Infosys –
CEO: Salil Parekh
Founded: 7 July 1981, Pune
DK Jain Gets a One-year Extension as Ethics Officer and Ombudsman
- The tenure of DK Jain has been extended foe more One-Year as the ethics officer and ombudsman of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI). in Feb 2019, he was appointed by the supreme court as first-ever ombudsman of BCCI.
- Apart from this, he was given an additional changes as the ethics officer of BCCI. his tenure was ended on 29th February 2020 but, he is going to resume office after getting renewal of his contract in June 2020.
About BCCI –
President – Sourav Ganguly
Secretary- Jay Shah
Headquarters – Mumbai
Vice president- Mahim Verma
Founded – December 1928
Women’s coach – W. V. Raman
4th Asian Youth Para Games will be in December 2021
- The Asian Paralympic Committee(APC) has made announcement that 4th Asian Youth Para Games is going to be held from 1 December to 10 December 2021.
- National Paralympic Committee(NPC) of Bahrain will make all arrangements for event with the support of the local government. This will be first time when Bahrain to host a big para-sport event.
About Asian Paralympic Committee(APC) –
President – Majid Rashed
Founded – 30 October 2002
Founded at – Busan, South Korea
Headquarters – Abu Dhabi, UAE
Motto – One Vision, One Mission, One Hope
About Bahrain –
Capital – Manama
Currency – Bahraini dinar
Prime Minister – Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa
Kazuo Ishiguro’s New Novel ‘Klara and the Sun’
- The winner of Nobel Prize Japanise Authoe Kazuo Ishiguro is going to release his new novel ‘Klara and the Sun’. Faber & Faber will publish his book in the United Kingdom.
Lt Gen Raj Mohan Vohra passed away due to Corona Virus
- The Maha Vir Chakra(MVC) awardee, Lieutenant general (Lt Gen) Raj Mohan Vohra has taken his last breath at the age of 88. he was suffering with Corona Virus.
- he acheived Maha Vir Chakra(MVC) award in 1972 for his role in the Battle of Basantar. apart from this, he had got Param Vishisht Seva Medal. he became the part of Army in 1952 and was retired in 1990.
Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar passed away at 92
- The Former Cabinet Minister of Goa, Daman & Diu Shri Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar has passed away at the age of 92. he was suffering with age-related ailments. he took his last breath in the Goa Medical College and Hospital Panaji.
- Between 13 Aug 1977 and 27 April 1979, Achyut ji had served as the cabinet minister in the Shashikala Kakodkar govt. he was first MLA from Pale assembly constituency and he had represented Pale constituency for 3 consecutive terms between 1963 and 1977.
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2020
- The day of 17th June is observed as the World day to combat desertification and drought. it aims to educate the general public on the international efforts to combat against desertification.
- UNCCDs motto : “Healthy land = Healthy people”.
- Theme : “Food. Feed. Fibre. – the link between consumption and land”.
About United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification –
Executive Secretary– Ibrahim Thiaw
Headquarters– Bonn, Germany
Q.1 Why World day to combat desertification and drought is observed in the world?
World day to combat desertification and drought aims to educate the general public on the international efforts to combat against desertification.
Q.2 World day to combat desertification and drought theme 2020?
Theme 2020 : “Food. Feed. Fibre. – the link between consumption and land”.