Today Top Current Affairs 18 August 2021
18 August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 18 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Manoj Sinha launches Photographic Record Of On-Site Facility (PROOF) App
The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Shri Manoj Sinha has launched a mobile application named PROOF. the main aim of the PROOF App is to bring more transparency and accountability to the governance system.
- PROOF stands for ‘Photographic Record of On-site Facility’.
- The PROOF App will provide a complete pictorial view of the work along with its geographical coordinates i.e. latitude and longitude and user comments on work progress.
- The bills shall be entertained when photographs of projects will be uploaded.
Hakainde Hichilema Wins 2021 Zambia Presidential Election
Hakainde Hichilema has won Zambia’s 2021 general Presidential election of the country, defeated incumbent Edgar Lungu. The 59-year-old Hichilema received a landslide victory, winning 59.38% of the total vote.
- He will take place of incumbent President Edgar Lungu of the Patriotic Front.
About Zambia –
- Capital: Lusaka
- Currency: Zambian kwacha
Malaysian Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin resigns
The Prime Minister of Malaysia Muhyiddin Yassin has given his resignation from the post after losing the confidence vote in parliament. But, he will continue serving as a caretaker prime minister until the new appointment.
- Muhyiddin Yassin was appointed as PM in March 2020.
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- currency: Malaysian ringgit
HDFC launches green and sustainable deposits programme for retail clients
HDFC has launched a “green and sustainable” deposits programme for retail clients. the funds will be used to finance sustainable housing credit solutions and services.
- Customers can be provided interest at 6.55% on their deposits, whose period can range from 3-10 years.
- senior citizens will be offered an additional 0.25 per cent per annum on their deposits of up to Rs 2 crore.
RBI introduces the Financial Inclusion Index
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced the Financial Inclusion Index (FI-Index). FI-Index is a measure of the extent of financial inclusion in India. It also includes details of banking, investments, insurance, postal and pension sectors in the country.
- The FI-Index was created without any ‘base year’.
- The annual FI-Index for the period ending March 2021 is 53.9 as against 43.4 for the period ending March 2017.
- RBI will release FI-Index annually in July month.
ABout RBI –
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
INS Tabar joins Exercise Konkan 2021 with Royal Navy of UK
On August 12th, 2021, The Indian Naval Ship Tabar has reached Portsmouth in England and has joined the annual bilateral drill ‘Exercise Konkan 2021’ between the Indian Navy and Britain’s Royal Navy.
- The main purpose of this exercise Konkan is to boost the interoperability, synergy and cooperation between both navies.
- Both of navies have been conducting the bilateral naval exercise Konkan since 2004.
About Exercise Konkan
- Konkan exercise is a three-day annual exercise, held between the Indian and British navies. both conduct a range of multi-ship, air, sea and sub-surface maritime drills, as well as close-quarter manoeuvring
The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan Book by Bimal Prasad and Sujata Prasad
The book titled “The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan” is going to be released on August 23, 2021. the book has been written by historian Bimal Prasad and author Sujata Prasad.
- The book marks the biography of revolutionary leader and independence activist Jayaprakash Narayan, popularly referred to as JP or Lok Nayak.
- The book will be published by the Penguin Random House India.
Indian GM Raunak Sadhwani won 2021 Spilimbergo Open Chess Tournament
On 15th August 2021, A 15-year-old young Indian Grandmaster Raunak Sadhwani has won the 19th Spilimbergo Open chess tournament in Italy.
- Sadhwani is from Nagpur and has remained undefeated in the tournament.
- He won games against Joshuaede Cappelletto (Italy), Aron Pasti (Hungary), Lorezno Lodici (Italy ), and Loic Travadon (France).
- Sadhwani has claimed five wins and four draws.
- The Indian GM had won the St Veiter Jacques Lemans Open international rating tournament in Austria in last month.
Sudoku creator Maki Kaji passes away at 69
The creator of the puzzle Sudoku Maki Kaji has passed away at the age of 69 years. he was suffering from bile duct cancer.
- He was also called the father of Sodoku.
- He was the president of Nikoli Co., Ltd., a Japanese puzzle manufacturer.
- He was from Japan.