Today Top Current Affairs 17 October 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 17 October 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Centre decides to borrow 1.1 Lakh Crore rupees in order to meet GST Compensation shortfall
- The Indian Govt has decided to take 1.1 lakh crore rupees amount. this amount will help in meeting Goods and Services Tax (GST) compensation revenue shortfall.
- As per the Special Window, Govt is supposed to borrow 1.1 lakh crore amount inappropriate tranches. Govt will give back-to-back loan to States and will work as in lieu of GST Compensation Cess releases.
Ramesh Pokhriyal introduces KAPILA’ Campaign for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness
- On 15th Oct 2020, The Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has introduced a new campaign named KAPILA. it aims to create Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness. the full of KAPILA campaign is Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness campaign. Ramesh Pokhriyal launched on the occasion of APJ Abdul Kalam birth anniversary.
- The Ministry will run KAPILA Awareness campaign between 15th October and 23rd October 2020. it will be considered as Intellectual Property Literacy Week.
Stubble Burning: SC appoints Justice M B Lokur as one-man panel
- The Supreme Court has selected retd Justice Madan B Lokur as a one-man monitoring committee. the committee aims to stop stubble burning in the states of Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. stubble burning is believed as the main source of pollution in Delhi-national capital region (NCR).
- The committee will examine the stubble burning and will take appropriate steps. The panel will have to submit its report on stubble burning in the period of 15 days to the apex court.
FAO anniversary: PM Modi launches commemorative coin
- On 16th October 2020, PM Modi has launched a commemorative coin of Rs. 75 denomination. PM Modi released coin on the occasion of the 75th Anniversary of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). The day of 16 October is observed as the World Food Day (WFD), across the world.
India as President of International Solar Alliance
- India has been chosen as President of International Solar Alliance and France is selected as Co-President. India will serve as President of ISA for the period of two years. the decision was taken by 34 ISA Members ministers.
NTPC CMD Gurdeep Singh tenure is extended till July 2025
- Indian Govt has decided to extend Gurdeep Singh’s tenure till 31 July 2025. he will continue serving as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of state-run NTPC Ltd. His next term will begin from 4th February 2021 and will end on 31st July 2025. in February 2016, He was chosen as NTPC’s CMD.
Bihar Panchayati Raj Minister Kapil Deo Kamat died at 69
- 69 years old senior Janata Dal (United) leader Kapil Deo Kamat has taken his last breath. he was suffering from COVID-19 infection.
Kaumudi Munshi (Nightingale of Gujarat) has died
- The Kaumudi Munshi has taken her last breath at the age of 93. she was infected with COVID-19. she was Legendary Gujarati singer and she was called as ‘Nightingale of Gujarat’. she sang a popular song ‘Sugam Sangeet’.
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- The day of 17th October is observed as International Day for the Eradication of Poverty annually in the world. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness about poverty and destitution eradication. in 1987, this day was observed the first time in Paris, France. later, the UN General Assembly declared this day in December 1992.
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty theme 2020: Acting together to achieve social and environmental justice for all.