Today Top Current Affairs 16 October 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 16 October 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
New Education Policy: the STARS Project Approved
- On 14th October, Union Cabinet has given its approval for supported Strengthening Teaching- Learning and Results for States (STARS) project. the Stars Projects will boost education amongst India’s people and it will include six Indian states.
What is STARS Project –
- The Department of School Education & Literacy is going to introduce STARS project. it is a new centrally-sponsored Yojana. it will cover 6 states they are Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh (MP), Himachal Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra and Kerala.
- in 1994, it was begun. The World Bank is playing an important role in achieving India’s vision of “Education for All”.
Cabinet grants 520 crore rupees package for J&K and Ladakh
- Under the National Rural Livelihood Mission, The Cabinet has granted a special package of 520 crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. the package will be available for the period of 5 years between 2020 and 2024.
- The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) will have a purpose to remove rural poverty and take steps to improve access to financial services in both the Union Territories.
in Gujarat, World’s biggest Zinc Smelter will be installed
- The Gujarat state has signed an MoU in order to set up a Zinc Smelter plant at Doswada in Tapi district with Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL). HZL company is going to invest 10,000 crore rupees under MoU. The plant will help in producing 300 kilo-tonnes per annum (ktpa). The plant will give a way to boost the economic and industrial development of the state.
Russia’s 2nd COVID-19 Vaccine EpiVacCorona
- Russia has made an announcement to introduce its 2nd Covid-19 vaccine called as ‘EpiVacCorona’. EpiVacCorona vaccine has passed early-stage studies. the Vector Institute in Siberia has played an important role in developing EpiVacCorona vaccine and it has been tested on 100 patients.
- before it, Russia introduced the world’s first Covid-19 vaccine named as Sputnik V.
Kyrgyzstan President Sooronbay Jeenbekov resigned
- On 15t October 2020, the President of Kyrgyzstan country Mr Sooronbai Jeenbekov has given his resignation from the post. protesters were demanding his removal from the last 10 days of unrest. He was chosen as the President On 4th October 2020. he is 61-year-old and before it, he served as the President of Kyrgyzstan between 2017 and 2020. along with it, he also served as Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan between 2016 and 2017.
first Indian Oscar awardee Bhanu Athaiya died at 91
- Bhanu Athaiya has died at the age of 91. she was suffering from prolonged illness. she was a Costume designer and earned Oscar award her work in the 1982 film Gandhi. she became the first Indian to beg Oscar award.
80 Years old Commentator Kishore Bhimani Passed Away
- The famous sports journalist and Cricket commentator Shri Kishore Bhimani has taken his last breath at the age of 80. he earned a lifetime achievement award in 2013.
World Food Day 2020
- The day of 16th October is observed as World Food Day (WFD) by people across the world. it aims to abolish hunger from our lifetime.
- World Food Day Theme 2020: “Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together”.
Global Handwashing Day 2020
- The Global Handwashing Day (GHD) is celebrated on the day of 15th October annually. it aims to promote the campaign in order to motivate and prepare people across the globe to improve their handwashing habits.
- Global Handwashing Day Theme 2020 is Hand Hygiene for All.
International E-Waste Day 2020
- The day of 14th October is observed as International E-Waste Day (IEWD). the main purpose of it is to encourage the correct disposal of e-waste with the object to boost re-use, recovery and recycling rates.
- International E-Waste Day (IEWD) Theme 2020 is Education.