Today Top Current Affairs 16 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 16 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 16 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 16 June 2020.
40th GST Council Meeting
- The Finance Minister Shrimati Nirmala Sitharaman heads the virtual 40th GST Council Meeting on 12th June 2020. Meeting points out about further relief on late fees and interest payable on late payments as a part of compliance burden of businesses. After Coronvirus lockdown, the first GST meeting took place.
Key Points :
- Period Late Fee : Reduction In/Waiver between 1 July 2017 and 31 Jan 2020.
- Small Taxpayers : Interest Reliefs and Late fee waiver for periods between February 2020 and July 2020
- To cancel GST registration, now date is Sept 30, 2020.
Poultry Policy 2020 By Jammu and Kashmir
- First time, the Jammu and Kashmir UT has created a new Poultry Policy 2020/Operational Guidelines. new Policy will help to boost poultry production in the region. along with it, State Govt will also provide a subsidy of 50 crore rupees every year for broiler/layer farms and related activities. Poultry Policy 2020 will create an additional employment opportunities to youth to take up this profession.
About Jammu and Kashmir –
Union territory – 31 October 2019
Capital – Srinagar, Jammu
State Animal – Hangul
State Bird – Black necked Crane
State Flower – Lotus
State Tree – Chinar
India leads “Verified” Initiative to Counter Misinformation on Corona Virus
- India has led the “Verified” initiative with others 12 countries. “Verified” initiative was begun by the United Nations on 21 May 2020. it aims to combat againest COVID-19’s the spreading of misinformation. the theme of “verified” : Science, Solidarity and Solution.
About United Nations –
Secretary general: António Guterres
Headquarters: New York, United States
Founded: 24 October 1945
New Framework for Financial Market Infra (FMI), Retail Payment System(RPS) by RBI
- RBI known as Reserve Bank of India, has changed in monitoring structure of Financial Markets Infrastructure (FMI) and Retail Payment Systems (RPSs). it aims to ensure the security and stability of the payment structure.
About Reserve Bank of India –
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Formation– 1 April 1935
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
ICICI Bank launches ‘Insta Flexicash’ OD facility
- Private sector Bank ICICI has started off a ‘Insta Flexicash’, is an online overdraft(od) facility for its pre approved salary account customers. such customers will not have to do paper work and can get instantly approval for OD. there is no documents required for end-to-end fully digital facility. along with it, customers no needs to visit a bank branch.
About ICICI Bank –
CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
Founded: June 1994
RBI looks for setting Age Limit of CEOs to 70 years
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has brought a proposal of setting the age limit of Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and whole time directors (WTDs) to 70 years. this step may improve administration in the banking sector.
TPG, L Catterton gets 1.32% stake in Jio Platforms for 6441.3 crore rupees
- The private equity firms from US TPG Capital and L Catterton has been as ninth and tenth investors respectively in the Jio Platforms. TPG and buys 0.93 per cent for Rs 4,546.80 crore stake and L Catterton got 0.39 per cent stake for Rs 1,894.50 crore. to sum up, Jio has collected 6441.3 crore rupee after selling 1.32 per cent stake. Reliance Industries has sold its 22.38 per cent stake and got 104,326.65 crore rupee.
About TPG Capital –
CEO: Jon Winkelried , James Coulter
Founders: James Coulter, David Bonderman, William S. Price III
About L Catterton –
Headquarters : Greenwich
Founders: Michael Chu, Frank Vest
Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Poore died
- The Former right hand batsman and offspinner from New Zealand Mr Matt Beresford Poore has passed away at the age of 90. he made test Debut aginest South Africa at Auckland in 1953. he played cricket for three years between 1953 and 1956. as a player, he played 14 Tests matchs in which he scored 355 runs and took 9 wickets with his highest score as 45.
About New Zealand –
Prime minister: Jacinda Ardern
Governor-General – Patsy Reddy
Q.1 what is Poultry Policy 2020/Operational Guidelines by Jammu and Kashmir ?
Poultry Policy 2020 will help to boost poultry production in the region. along with it, State Govt will also provide a subsidy of 50 crore rupees every year for broiler/layer farms and related activities.