Today Top Current Affairs 16 December 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today top Current Affairs 16 December 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Education Ministry begins a New Policy On School Bag 2020
A new Policy is being introduced on Schoolbag, as per the Schoolbag Policy now schoolbag weight will not be more than 10% of the weight of students for class 1 to 10. students until class II will be given homework
- This policy will urge regular based monitorization of the weight of bags in all schools.
- A new bag will be more lightweight and will have two padded and adjustable straps so that may be fitted to two shoulders.
- Along with it, the publishers will need to print lightweight textbooks.
- Before, bringing a new policy, many surveys have been conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- The policy includes high-quality meals and clean water for drinking. this step will encourage students not to bring a lunch box or water bottle.
- As per the new policy, students who are in pre-primary, they should have no bags.
RBI will install 1st Automated Banknote Processing Centre
The Reserve Bank of India is going to install its first Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) in the Jaipur Rajasthan. it will keep storage, receipt and dispatch of currency notes.
- As per the RBI document, Most citizens use cash mode for making payments. due to this, digital payments could not gain growth.
- otherwise, cash mode has been increased with rising in digital payments.
Automated Banknote Processing Centre
- it will have automated storage and receipt of new banknotes from printing presses and automated retrieval and dispatch of the notes in order to the recognised issue offices of currency chests.
- it will help in storing the daily average fresh note stock requirement and will also play a role in keeping almost days of soiled banknotes.
- it also will offer commensurate processing and removal capacities.
- RBI estimates to store 1,883 million pieces during 2024-25 and 1,883 million pieces could be stored during 2024-25. also, during 2029-30 and 2039-40, RBI’s centre will store 2,950 million and 6,853 million pieces respectively.
UK PM Boris Johnson will be as 2021 Republic Day of India Chief Guest
The Prime Minister of United Kingdom Boris Johnson is going to become the chief guest at the 2021 Republic Day celebrations of India which will be organized on 26th January 2021.
- On 14th December 2020, The British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has made a confirmation regarding this during his India’s Visit.
- PM Johnson will become the 6th man from the UK who will join celebrations as the chief guest at the Republic Day of India.
- On 26th January 2021, India will celebrate its 72nd Republic Day.
cGanga makes an MoU Norway for sludge management framework
On 15th December 2020, The Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (NIBIO) has made an agreement with cGanga in order to develop a sludge management framework across the country. cGanga is a part of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG).
- During the 5th version of Water Impact India 2020, an MoU has been signed.
- Norway will play a role in strengthening a relationship with India and also boost initiative in the prevention of climate change and conservation of the environment.
Women ICC World Cup 2022 Schedule
On 15th December 2020, The Women’s ICC Cricket World Cup 2022 is going to be organized between 4th March 2022 and 3rd April 2020. New Zealand will host ICC Cricket World Cup 2022. ICC has announced all match schedule on the 15th Dec 2020. the tournament will run for 31 days.
- The 1st match will be played between New Zealand and Qualifier at Tauranga’s Bay Oval. The Indian team will play its first match on 6th March 2022 against qualifiers one at the Bay Oval in Tauranga.
Uday Kotak as Kotak Mahindra Bank MD
The Kotak Mahindra Bank has decided to re-appoint Uday Kotak as its Managing Director. the RBI has given its approval. Uday Kotak will serve as MD for a period of three years.
- Uday Kotak is founder and promoter of the bank.
- RBI accepts other appointments such as part-time chairman Prakash Apte and Dipak Gupta as Joint MD.
- they will also serve for a period of three years.
S&P predicts GDP of India contraction 7.7% for FY21
S&P Global Ratings has predicted that the Indian GDP will be – 7.7 per cent for the FY21. prior to this, it was estimated – 9 per cent.
- S&P modifies GDP due to increasing demand and falling COVID infection rates.
Max Verstappen won Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 title
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Max Verstappen has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020. the Grand Prix was conducted on the day of 13th Dec 2020.
- It was Max’s 2nd victory of the season and 10th victory of Max career.
- Followed by Mercedes-Finland F1 Driver Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton got the 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- In the Year 2020, F1 World Championship conducted 17th race.
87 years old Aerospace Scientist Shri Roddam Narasimha dies
The famous scientist of aerospace Shri Roddam Narasimha has taken his last breath at the age of 87. he suffered from a brain haemorrhage. he also received Padma Vibhushan award.
- Along with it, he also served at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) between 1962 and 1999. he learnt Aerospace Engineering from IISc.
- after, he worked as the director of the National Aerospace Laboratories between 1984 and 1993.
- He was honoured with Padma Vibhushan by Indian Govt in the year 2013 for giving his contribution in the aerospace engineering field.
- He also wrote a book –“Developments In Fluid Mechanics and Space Technology” in the collaboration Ex-president A P J Abdul Kalam.
Australian cricketer Eric Freeman dies at 76
The Former Test all-rounder from Australia Eric Freeman has taken his last breath at the age of 76.
- He debuted against India Team at the Gabba (Gabba is known as Brisbane Cricket Ground ) in the year 1968. he hit six as an opening score.
- he took retirement in 1973-74 and started his career as administrator, coach and broadcaster.
- He was also a football player and represented Port Adelaide.
Unified Development Control Rules for Real Estate
The state Govt of Maharashtra has accepted the Unified Development Control and Promotion Regulations, (UDCPR). it will support in strengthening and bringing uniformity in the real estate.
- The new Regulations will be implemented on municipal corporations, councils and Nagar panchayats.
- The new regulations will help in defining everything from the height of structures to the width of roads and the size of amenity spaces.