Today Top Current Affairs 16 & 17 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
National Startup Day on 16th January
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to observe 16th January as National Startup Day, aiming to boost India’s growing startup ecosystem.
- PM Modi has Interacted with more than 150 startups during the Startup India Innovation Week.
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), the EV charging infrastructure, defence manufacturing, chip manufacturing offer and drone industry conducted the Startup India Innovation Week.
Piyush Goyal virtually addressed the 16th India Digital Summit 2022
The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal has virtually addressed the 16th India Digital Summit 2022.
- 16th India Digital Summit was held for two days and was conducted by Internet And Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- Along with it, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal has unveiled ‘LEAP’ as the way forward that will further strengthen our Startups ecosystem in the country.
- Full form of LEAP is “Leverage, Encourage, Access & Promote”.
Daniel Ortega was sworn in for 4th straight term as Nicaragua President
Nicaragua President Daniel Ortega become the President of the county for a fourth consecutive five-year term.
- Nicaragua President Daniel Ortega has been serving as President of Nicaragua since 2007.
- Rosario Murillo has also been sworn in for her second term as vice president.
Yes Mutual Fund renamed as White Oak Capital Mutual Fund
The name of YES Asset Management stands changed to WhiteOak Capital Asset Management with effective from January 12, 2022, informed by Aashish P Sommaiyaa, the Chief Executive Officer of White Oak Capital.
- Now, YES Mutual Fund will now be called WhiteOak Capital Mutual Fund.
- White Oak Capital group offers investment management and advisory services for equity assets of more than Rs 42,000 crore.
Maharashtra and West Bengal invite Elon Musk to set up Tesla’s plant
Telangana Minister KT Rama Rao has announced to invite Tesla CEO Elon Musk to set up a Tesla plant in India. after the Telangana state, two more states, Maharashtra and West Bengal have also invited Musk in their respective states to launch his EV maker in India.
Tesla’s plant in Maharashtra
- Maharashtra Water Resources Minister Jayant Patil has asked Musk to set up manufacturing in the state for electric cars.
Tasnim Mir as first Indian to achieve World No 1 Ranking
In the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) junior rankings, Tasnim Mir, India’s under-19 shuttler has become the world number-1 badminton player in the women’s singles category of Under-19 with 10,810 points.
- Tasnim Mir hails from Gujarat and had secured titles in three junior international tournaments that helped her to get the top position in the junior world rankings.
- In Boys singles, Lakshya Sen, Siril Verma and Aditya Joshi became the world no 1.
- She claimed the national junior champion (U-19) at the age of 14 and the national crown in the under-13, under-15 and under-19 girls’ singles categories.
Virat Kohli steps down as India’s Test captain
Virat Kohli has decided to step down as captain of India’s Test team, with immediate effect. Indian team faced the loss in the Test series to South Africa 2-1 with a seven-wicket loss in Cape Town.
- Virat Kohli was elected as full-time Test captain in early 2015 when MS Dhoni had announced retirement in Australia.
Kathak maestro Pandit Birju Maharaj Died at 83
Kathak legend Pandit Birju Maharaj has passed away at the age of 83 due to a heart attack in the early hours of Monday.
- Pandit Birju Maharaj was honoured with the country’s second-highest civilian award, Padma Vibhushan.
- Pandit Birju Maharaj has donned several hats during his lifetime and was best known as a Kathak dancer.
- he was an equally prolific singer, poet and painter.
Daily Current Affairs 16 & 17 January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.