Today Top Current Affairs 15 October 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 15 October 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
In order to offer Tap Water Fit For Drinking in Urban Areas, Odisha introduced ‘Sujal’ Mission
- The CM of Odisha State Shri Naveen Patnaik has introduced a mission for providing quality tap drinking water in all urban areas. he named this mission as “Sujal” Mission. As per the “Sujal” Mission, urban areas will be set to get piped water connections until March 2022.
- The State Govt has passed a budget of Rs 1300 crore for this scheme. This mission will directly give benefits to more than 15 lakh people in 15 towns.
- After implementing Sujal Mission, Odisha will be 1st state across the country that works for offering a quality drinking water in the state’s urban areas.
Govt builds a panel to improve telecom spectrum allocation, headed by Rajiv Gauba
- The centre has built a panel of secretaries that aims to improve the spectrum allocation process and it will work for making auction of the spectrum an annual calendar event.
- The Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba has been chosen as the head of the panel. other members are from secretaries of home, defence, railways, telecom, I&B and department of space departments. the working of the panel is to focus on the possibility of identifying spectrum.
WEF changes venue for annual meeting 2021 to Lucerne from Davos
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has made an announcement to change the venue for the Annual Meeting 2021 to Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland. the meeting will be organized between 18 May and 21 May 2021. WEF has taken this step due to COVID-19 Disease.
- The theme of Annual Meeting 2021 will be ‘The Great Reset’.
HDFC Bank comes with Apollo Hospitals for ‘The HealthyLife Programme’
- HDFC Bank has made a partnership with Apollo Hospitals that aims to provide a holistic healthcare solution, ‘The HealthyLife Programme’. The HealthyLife Programme will be for HDFC Bank customers. As per the HealthyLife Programme, customers will be offered emergency services without any cost on Apollo’s digital platform, Apollo 24|7.
- it will also be helpful to provide numerous benefits for eg making payment and make finance ease for treatments at all Apollo Hospitals.
Exim Bank provides a soft loan of 400 million US dollars to Maldives
- Exim Bank provides a soft loan of 400 million US dollars to the Maldives on the behalf of the Government of India. the amount is approx 2,932 crores in Indian Rupees. The Maldives will use this loan for the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP). the Greater Male Connectivity Project is the single-largest connectivity and infrastructure project in the island nation.
“Bank of Ghana” received Central bank of the year award 2020
- The Bank of Ghana has been given the Central bank of the year award 2020. along with it, Mark Carney received the Governor of the year at the Central bank of the year award 2020. Central Banking Awards ceremony is organized in every year in the central banking community. it is 7th edition of the ceremony.
New Zealand cricket player John R Reid passed away
- The New Zealand cricket player John Richard Reid has passed away in Aukland. he was 92 years old. he was oldest surviving Test player and played a role as an allrounder in cricket.
International Day of Rural Women 2020
- The International Day of Rural Women comes on 15th October every year. the aim of this day is to describe the crucial role of women and girls in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods and overall well-being.
- International Day of Rural Women theme 2020: “Rural women and girls building resilience”.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared this day on 18 December 2007. in India, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has been observing as the Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas since 2016. it aims to boost the active participation of women in agriculture.
World Students’ Day 2020
- The day of World Students’ Day is observed on 15th October in order to highlight the birth anniversary of Ex-President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. in 2010, the United Nations decided to observe the day of 15th October as “World Students’ Day”. in the year 2020, it highlights 89th birth anniversary of the former president and ‘Missile Man’ Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.