Today Top Current Affairs 15 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 15 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 15 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 15 July 2020.
Ministry of Shipping sanctions 107 Crore amount for Modern Firefighting Facilities in Haldia Dock, Kolkata
- The Union Minister of Shipping Shri Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya has sanctioned the amount of 107 Crore rupees. this amount will be used for improving the firefighting facilities on five jetties of Haldia Dock Complex of Kolkata Port. it will ensure safe and secure handling of petrochemical goods in the Haldia Dock Complex.
- At present, The facility is not sufficient in handling the Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and others petroleum products as per to the guidelines of the Oil Industry Safety Directorate(OISD) of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
“#Reimagine Campaign” Initiated by UNICEF and FICCI jointly to Support Vulnerable Populations and Children in India
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India has shaked hands woth Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI) in order to begin UNICEF’s “#Reimagine Campaign”. this Campaign will provide its support to most vulnerable populations and children amid COVID-19 response and its aftermath in the country.
- UNICEF begins Reimagine which is an urgent appeal to governments, the public, donors and the private sector that will provide its support to UNICEF’s efforts to respond, recover and reimagine a world severely impacted by COVID-19 Virus.
President– Sangita Reddy
Secretary General– Dilip Chenoy
Headquarter– New Delhi
Founded – 1927
Founders – Ghanshyam Das Birla, Purshottamdas Thakurdas
Headquarter– New York
Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
UNICEF Representative India– Dr Yasmin Ali Haque
Head – Henrietta H. Fore
Founded – 11 December 1946
Almost 8.9 percent population faced hungryness in 2019 Says UN’s State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020
- As per annual report of United Nations'(UN), named as “The state of food security and nutrition in the world- Tansforming food systems for affordable healthy diets” has showed that nearly 8.9 per cent (690 million people) population have faced hungryness in 2019. this is an increase of 10 million people since 2018 and of almost 60 million people since 2014.
- 5 UN agencies has made this report they are : Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund For Agricultural Development (IFAD), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Programme (WFP) and World Health Organization (WHO).
About United Nations –
Headquarter– New York
Secretary General– Antonio Manuel de Oliveira Guterres
Founded – 24 October 1945
UNODC’s World Wildlife Crime Report
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has issued a report that highlights about World Wildlife Crime Report. as per report, Seizure of the scales of the Pangolins has been went up 10 times between the years 2014 and 2018.
- Report mentions that number of legally imported pangolin scales increases from zero (0) to almost 13 tonnes during 2013 and 2017.
‘digital choupal’, marks 39th Foundation Day and NABARD announced 2 schemes each of 5000 crore rupees
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has observed its 39th Foundation Day by hosting its first “digital choupal”. it’s aim was to bring together farmers from across the country. farmers are in touch with NABARD in 7 development projects in rural.
- NABARD has also made an announcement of refinance scheme for banks and financial institutions that will help in providing finance to the beneficiaries of its 2,150 watershed development projects and 5,000 crore amount will be issued for project. and there is one another project of same amount, announced by NABARD for turning Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS), into multi service centres.
About NABARD –
Chairman– G R Chintala
Founded: 12 July 1982
Purpose: Development assistance; Poverty Reduction
‘Corona Kavach’ & ‘Corona Rakshak’ launched by IRDAI in the collaboration of insurance companies and makes it mandatory
- IRDAI has decided to make it compulsory for 30 general and health insurers that will start off short-term standard health policies for coronavirus disease (Covid-19 virus) viz such as Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak.
- There will be a entry age such as for both the policies will be 18 years and the maximum 65. The period of both policies will be between 3.5 months to 9.5 months.
About IRDAI –
Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Hockey Player Ashok Kumar gets Lifetime Achievement Award of Mohun Bagan Football Club
- The Hockey Player Ashok Kumar has been honoured with the Lifetime achievement award. The city football club – Mohun Bagan Athletic Club awarded him. Ashok Kumar was a key player Indian Hockey team during 1975 World Cup winning.
Mukesh Ambani as 6th richest man in the World
- As per Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Indian Businessman and chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL) Mukesh Ambani has been as World’s 6th richest man. at present, he has USD 72.4 billion worth assets. along with it, Mukesh Ambani surpassed Elon Musk, co-founder & CEO of Tesla and Alphabet Inc co founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
Top 3 in Global wise –
|Ranking||Name||Worth (USD Billions)|
Hemang Amin as interim CEO of BCCI
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has selected Hemang Amin as its new interim chief executive officer (CEO). he will take place of Rahul Johri who gave resignation from post and BCCI accepted his resignation recently.
- At present, Hemang Amin is serving as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Indian Premier League. he also became the part of IPL operations team in June 2010 and served as the COO of IPL in 2015.
Rudrendra Tandon as India’s next Ambassador to Afghanistan
- Shri Rudrendra Tandon ji has been chosen as new and next Ambassador of India to Afghanistan. Rudrendra Tandon is an Indian Foreign Service officer. at present, he is serving as Indian envoy to ASEAN at Jakarta. Rudrendra is going to take place of Vinay Kumar. Vinay Kumar performed with the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan country after striking a deal with Taliban insurgents.
Former Australian Skipper Mile Jedinak takes Retirement from Football
- 35 years old Former Australian skipper and Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak has decided to take retirement from football. also, he was a captain for Australia national Team. During his career, he played 79 matchs and also played in 2010, 2014, 2018 FIFA World Cups. He has represented many clubs in his career.
Centre issues Rs 1500 crore to Haryana for its Crop Diversification and Rejuvenate Ponds
- Central Govt has provided 1500 crore amount to Haryana state for water conservation. 500 crore rupees will be used to expand crop diversification under the ‘Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ scheme and remaining amount will be used to rejuvenate the ponds and treat water.
- Under Jal Jeevan Mission, State will also get 1000 crore rupees amount from centre. it will have purpose of ensuing access of piped water for every household in state.
About Haryana –
Governor– Satyadeo Narain Arya
Chief Minister– Manohar Lal Khattar
Haryana: Gadkari makes Inauguration of 11 Highway Projects
- Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) Shri Nitin Gadkari ji has commenced and laid foundation stones of 11 Highway projects. almost 20,000 crore rupees amount will be spent by centre on such projcets. during inauguration, Haryana Chief Minister, Manohal Lal were also present.
Q.1 what is #Reimagine Campaign ?
Reimagine Campaign will provide its support to most vulnerable populations and children amid COVID-19 response and its aftermath in the country.
Q.2 About UNODC’s World Wildlife Crime Report ?
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has issued a report that highlights about World Wildlife Crime Report. as per report, Seizure of the scales of the Pangolins has been went up 10 times between the years 2014 and 2018.