Today Top Current Affairs 14 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Garib Kalyan Anna (Pmgkay) Yojana extended for 6 Months
The Union Cabinet has decided to extend the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme for a period of six months, till September 2022. The Union Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme aims to show care and compassion towards the underprivileged and vulnerable parts of society (Phase VI).
- The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme’s Phase-V was to be ended in March 2022.
- the PM-GKAY is one of the most effective schemes since April 2020 and has made it the world’s largest food security programme.
Haryana launched ‘Chaara-Bijaee Yojana’ for fodder cultivating farmers
Haryana Agriculture Minister, Jai Parkash Dalal has launched a scheme named ‘चारा – बिजाई योजना ( Chaara – Bijaee Yojana), which aims to provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per acre (Upto 10 acres) to farmers cultivating and supplying fodder to Gaushalas (Cowsheds).
- The scheme purposes to address the State’s fodder shortage and rising stray cattle.
- The Govt will credit the Subsidy directly to the farmer’s account under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- The scheme will cover those farmers who have tied up with gaushalas and will provide financial aid of ₹10,000 per acre for up to 10 acres under fodder cultivation.
ICICI Bank ties up with Santander for India-UK business ease
ICICI Bank, India’s leading private sector bank has tied up with Santander bank in Britain in order to facilitate the banking requirements of corporates operating across both countries.
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) between ICICI and Santander UK Plc, was signed in Mumbai.
- The MoU aims to establish a framework of the partnership between the banks to meet the financial service requirements of corporate customers operating within the India-UK corridor.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance launched InspiHE₹: Financial literacy campaign
Bharti AXA Life Insurance has launched financial literacy campaign, ‘InspiHE₹. InspiHE₹ will help in enabling an empowered future, a special effort to propagate financial awareness among women as well as allow people to make good investment decisions for a stable future.
- Bharti AXA aims to improve the health or life insurance situation gradually.
- It launched an initiative in honour of ‘International Mother’s Day and ‘International Day of Families’ that aims to empower women, particularly moms, by teaching them the fundamentals of financial planning and saving in order to ensure their future.
Rajiv Kumar appointed as next Chief Election Commissioner, to take charge on May 15
The Union Ministry of Law and Justice has announced to appoint Mr Rajiv Kumar as the next Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) from May 15 in pursuance of clause (2) of Article 324 of the Constitution. Rajiv Kumar will replace CEC Sushil Chandra, who is due to retire.
- Kumar took charge as the Election Commissioner of the Election Commission of India (ECI) on September 1, 2020.
- Kumar also served as the chairman of the Public Enterprises Selection Board.
- He joined as the PESB chairman in April 2020.
Deepika Padukone becomes the first Indian brand ambassador of Louis Vuitton
Deepika Padukone has become Louis Vuitton’s first-ever Indian brand ambassador and joined Emma Stone and Chinese actor Zhou Dongyu. Deepika Padukone will unveil the brand’s new leather goods campaign for the Dauphine bag.
- Deepika became the first Indian actor to feature in a campaign for the label in 2020.
- She was seen for a mock vintage book cover alongside stars like Léa Seydoux and Sophie Turner.
First president of Independent Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk died
The former and first president of independent Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk died at the age of 88. Kravchuk helped sign the Soviet Union’s death warrant.
- Kravchuk was known as the “wily fox” and he rose through the ranks of Ukraine’s Communist Party.
- In 1990, he took over as head of the parliament.
India wins 14 medals in Archery Asia Cup 2022 Stage 2
Indian archers have won a total of 14 medals – eight golds, four silvers and two bronze in the Asia Cup 2022 Stage-2 campaign in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. The Indian team of women archers including Parneet Kaur, Aditi Swami, and Sakshi Chaudhary won India’s first gold medal and defeated Kazakhstan in Iraq.
- The men’s team from India including Prathamesh Fuge, Rishabh Yadav, and Jawkar Samadhan won the 2nd gold for India at Archery Asia Cup 2022 Stage 2.
Daily Current Affairs 14th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.