Today Top Current Affairs 14 and 15 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 14 and 15 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 14 and 15 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 14 and 15 June 2020.
Integrated Flood Warning System (I-FLOWS) – Mumbai
- The CM Uddhav Thackeray has begun state-of-the-art Integrated Flood Warning System (I-FLOWS) – Mumbai with Union Earth science Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. the system will look the flood activities and warn 3 days in advance during high rainfall and cyclone events. Meteorological Department (IMD) and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) developed I-FLOWS System under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
About India Meteorological Department (IMD) –
Headquarters : New Delhi
About Maharashtra –
Capital – Mumbai
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Formation – 1 May 1960
Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray
Deputy Chief Minister – Ajit Pawar
Mammal – Indian giant squirrel
Bird Yellow – Yellow-footed green pigeon
Insect – Blue Mormon
Flower – Jarul
Tree – Mango
Pankaj Tripathi as brand ambassador of Patna’s Khadi Mall
- The Bollywood Actor Pankaj Tripathi has been chosen as the brand ambassador of Patna’s Khadi Mall on 12th June. his appointment was made by Government of Bihar. however, Tripathi has said that he is not going to take any salary for this role. The Khadi Mall in Patna is first ever Kadhi mall in india and inaugurated by Nitish Kumra, Chief Minister of Bihar in November 2019.
About Bihar –
Governor – Phagu Chauhan
Formation – 22 March 1912
Capital – Patna
Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
Deputy Chief Minister – Sushil Kumar Modi
UTI mutual funds appoints Imtaiyazur Rahman as its new CEO
- UTI Asset Management Board has selceted Imtaiyazur Rahman as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO ) of the UTI Asset Management Committee (AMC). he will take place of Leo Puri whose 5-year tenure was ended in August 2018.
About UTI Mutual Fund –
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – 14 January 2003
In order to review ownership and control of Private banks, RBI creates 5-member Internal working group and P K Mohanty as head
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have created a 5-member internal working group (IWG) and it will review ownership guidelines and corporate structure for private sector banks in light of recent developments in the banking sector. Central Board Director Prasanna Kumar (PK) Mohanty will be as head of group. The committee will have to submit its report by 30th September 2020.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
Founder: British Raj
Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra
Exim Bank approves Drinking Water Supply Schemes of worth of $215.68 mn for Malawi govt
- In order to drinking water supply schemes, Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) has approved a line of credit (LOC) of $215.68 million for Malawi government. others schemes also includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities and construction of a new water supply system from Likhubula river in Mulanje to Blantyre.
About Exim bank –
CEO – David Rasquinha
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – 1 January 1982
Former cricketer Vasant Raiji is no more
- An oldest first-class right-handed batsman cricketer from India Vasant Raiji has passed away at the age of 100.
- Vasant Raiji was an opening batsman who had represented Bombay, Baroda, and Cricket Club of India (CCI) in first-class cricket between 1941 and 1950.
“Ghar ghar nigrani’ app: Punjab
- The Chief Minister(CM) of Punjab State Shri Capt. Amarinder Singh has launched mobile based app ‘Ghar ghar nigrani’ app via a video conference. it aims to conduct house-to-house surveillance in the state to eliminate the COVID-19 disease.
- App will enables the state to further develop a database for its COVID-19 containment strategies and would create targeted interventions for the community.
About Punjab –
Capital – Chandigarh
Chief minister – Amarinder Singh
Governor – V. P. Singh Badnore
State Language – Punjabi
State Dance – Bhangra, Giddha
State Mammal -Blackbuck
State Bird – Baaz
Q.1 What is use of ‘Ghar ghar nigrani’ app in Punjab?
‘Ghar ghar nigrani’ appaims to conduct house-to-house surveillance in the state to eliminate the COVID-19 disease.
Q.2 Why RBI created 5-member internal working group (IWG)?
5-member internal working group (IWG) will review ownership guidelines and corporate structure for private sector banks in light of recent developments in the banking sector.