Today Top Current Affairs 13 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 13 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 13 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 13 May 2020.
Para-athlete Deepa Malik declared retirement from sport
- Deepa Malik, an athlete of para has decided to take retirement from Paralympics games. Deepa has been selected as the office-bearer in the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI).
FIFA U-17 Womens World Cup
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup is going to take place between 17 February and 7 March 2021. the FIFA-Confederations COVID-19 Working Group created recommendations for World Cup with the Bureau of the FIFA Council.
UCI impose ban on French cyclist Remy Di Gregorio
- Due to use of a form of banned blood-boosting hormone EPO (Erythropoietin), the International Cycling Union (UCI) has decided to impose a ban on French cyclist Remy Di Gregorio for the period of four years.
China as winner of FIDE chess.com Online Nations Cup
- China has got victory in the first edition of FIDE Chess.com Online Nations Cup. China played his final match against USA.
Under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Campaign, IIT-Guwahati set uo a Poster Making Competition
- Recently, Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati (IIIT-Guwahati) has made all arrangements for a Poster Making Competition. this Competition was done under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) Campaign. Students became the part of this competition from homes amid COVID-19 lockdown.
PM extends economic package to Rs.20 lakh crores
- During addressing to Nation, Indian Govt has made an announcment of Rs.20 lakh crore stimulus package. this package wll be equal to almost 10% of India’s Gross domestic product (GDP). the main aim was to make the nation self-reliant and reviving the stalled economy.
As per Study, mortality rate dropped by 49% since 2000
- According to Two scientific papers of India, it is highlighted that The under-5 Mortality Rate of India has gone down by 49 per cent since 2000 year.
- In 2017, almost 1.04 million were under-5 deaths and in 2000, it was 2.24 million deaths. however, Neonatal deaths have come to 0.57 million(2017) from 1.02 million (2000)
NDB gives 1 billion dollar amount as loan to India for COVID-19 pandemic purpose
- The New Development Bank has decided to give one bilion dollar as an emergency assistance loan to India. this amount will help india in fighting against COVID-19 and reducing human, social and economic losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. on the 30th April, NDB Board of Directors has given their permission in the meeting.
About New Development Bank:
Formation: July 2014
Headquarters: Shanghai, China
Members : Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa
President: K.V. Kamath
VMware 2020 Regional Partner of the Year Award
- In the terms of Services Excellence category, Anunta has achieved VMware Regional Partner of the Year Award 2020. Anunta was accepted for achievements using its skills and services capabilities, the skills included consulting, managed, and subscription services, to help customers maximize the value and so on.
- Apart from this, there were various categories for VMware Partner of the Year Awards they are : Services Excellence, Partner Value, Partner Social Impact, Digital Transformation, Cloud Platform Transformation, Partner Trailblazer, and the Global Partner for Technology Innovation Award, included.
DW Freedom of Speech Award 2020
- Deutsche Welle Freedom of Speech Award 2020 has been declared by German public news outlet. for awards, 17 journalists have been chosen from diffirent 14 Nations for showing their “outstanding commitment to human rights and freedom of expression in the media”.
US comedian Jerry Stiller passed away
- Due to natural causes, The prominent comedian of US nation Jerry Stiller has passed away at the age of 92.
Shafique Ansari passes away
- The prominent TV series ‘Crime Patrol’ Tele Vission actor Shafique Ansari has taken his last breath.
Manmeet Singh, Former TT National Champion passed away
- The Ex national table tennis champion of India Manmeet Singh Walia has taken his last breath. in 1989,
Q.1 about Deepa Malik?
Deepa Malik, who is a Para-athlete, has decided to take retirement from Paralympics games. she was the first woman from India who achieved a medal in the Paralympic Games. also, he earned 81 madels (58 national and 23 international medals) during her career.
Q.2 what is under-5 mortality rate?
Child mortality rate means to mortality of children under the age of five. it indicates the probability of dying between birth and exactly 5 years of age expressed per 1,000 live births.