Today Top Current Affairs 12 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 12th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Narendra Modi launches Indian Space Association (ISpA)
On 11th October 2021 (Monday), Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Indian Space Association (ISpA) via video conferencing. The ISpA will work as a premier industry body for space and satellite companies in the country and will boost space technology in India.
- ISpA’s founding members include OneWeb, Bharti Airtel, Mapmyindia, Walchandnagar Industries, and Ananth Technology Limited among others.
- First Chairman – Jayant Patil, L&T-NxT Senior Executive Vice President for Defence
- Vice-President – Rahul Vatts, Bharti Airtel’s chief regulatory officer
- Director-General – Lt Gen. A.K. Bhatt (Retd.)
Tamil Nadu’s Kanniyakumari Clove gets GI Tag
Tamil Nadu’s ‘Kanyakumari clove’ has received a geographical indication (GI). Kanyakumari clove is a unique clove spice and is grown in the hills of the Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu.
- India produces the total production of cloves is 1,100 metric tons and in which, Tamil Nadu produces 1,000 metric tons every year while 750 metric tons of cloves are produced in the Kanyakumari district alone.
Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report 2021
The 2021 Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report has been released jointly by UNDP and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
- MPI report estimates on multidimensional poverty across 109 developing countries including 26 low-income countries, 80 middle-income countries and 3 high-income countries.
- The index has indicators that are divided into three equally weighted dimensions.
SBI Chief Rajnish Kumar launches memoir named The Custodian of Trust
Rajnish Kumar has released his memoir titled ‘The Custodian of Trust – A Banker’s Memoir’. Rajnish is a Former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI).
- Penguin Random House India has published his book.
- The memoir highlights the journey of Rajnish Kumarfrom a modest house in the old city of Meerut to being a probationary officer in SBI in 1980 and growing to the post of Chairman in 2017.
Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences 2021: Card, Angrist, and Imbens Win the Award
USA economists David Card, Joshua Angrist and Guido Imbens have won the 2021 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.
- The 2021 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences was awarded in two parts, the first half to David Card “for his empirical contributions to labour economics”.
- And, The second half to Joshua D. Angrist and Guido W. Imbens “for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.”
- The 2021 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences includes a gold medal and a cash award of 10 million Swedish krona ($1.12 million).
Telugu filmmaker B Gopal selected for Satyajit Ray Award
The noted Telugu filmmaker Bejawada Gopal is selected as the winner of the fourth Satyajit Ray Award, would be presented in a function to be held in Hyderabad on October 13th, 2021 (Wednesday). Bejawada has made his overall contribution to Indian cinema.
- Satyajit Ray Film Society, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala presented the award to the recipients.
- Satyajit Ray Award includes Rs 10,000 cash prize with a memento and plaque.
National Award-winning actor Nedumudi Venu passes away at 73
National Award-winning actor Nedumudi Venu has passed away at the age of 73 at a private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram. he was suffering from liver-related ailments.
- Nedumudi Venu began his career as a theatre artist.
- He debuted in films with Thambu, directed by G Aravindan in 1978.
- Nedumudi Venu received three National Film Awards and six Kerala State Film Awards for his performances.
World Arthritis Day 2021
Every year, World Arthritis Day is observed on 12th October across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about arthritis, an inflammatory condition that causes pain and stiffness in joints which can worsen with age.
- The Arthritis and Rheumatism International (ARI) founded World Arthritis day in 1996 to raise awareness about rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs).
- The Theme 2021 for World Arthritis Day is Don’t Delay, Connect Today: Time2Work.