Today Top Current Affairs 12 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 12 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 12 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 12 June 2020.
Migrants to get health insurance amid nationwide lockdown
- The Centre has decided to extend its health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) for migrant workers who are facing unemployment in states.
- For this, National Health Authority (NHA) is identifing the eligible beneficiaries under the scheme so that they will be provided e-cards.
What is AB-PMJAY :
- AB-PMJAY was launched on 23rd Sept 2018. it aims to provide health cover of up to Rs 5 lakhs per family for a year. it covers more than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (about 53 crore beneficiaries). NHA implemented this Scheme and it is paperless and cashless Yojana.
About National Health Authority (NHA) –
CEO – Dr Indu Bhushan
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 2018
Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle Complex inaugurated by Vice-Admiral Atul Kumar Jain in Vizag
- Flag officer commander in chief of the Eastern Naval Command(ENC), Vice Admiral Atul Kumar made inauguration of a Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) complex in Vishakapattanam.
- DSRV will accommodate the new Submarine Rescue System and along with it, it will provide rescue cover for the submarines on the eastern and western coasts in state.
Centre provides package for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand & West Bengal
- The Indian Govt has approved amount of 1280 crore rupee to implement Jal Jeevan Mission in Madhya Pradesh. MP state will get Rs 3,093 Crore this year.
- GOI approved amount of 572 Crore rupee to implement Jal Jeevan Mission in Jharkhand State. this year, Jharkhand will receive 572.24 Crore fund as Central fund and total amount Rs. 1,605.31 Crore will be available under JJM.
- The Central Govt is also focusing on 10 per cent household tap connections in rural areas of West Bengal. West Bengal state will be provided about 5,515 Crore rupee under JJM to provide household tap connections across the state.
5th edition of NIRF Rankings 2020
- On 11th June 2020, The Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has issued fifth version of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranking 2020. 5805 institutes were included for the ranking based on 10 categories such as : Overall, Universities, Engineering, Colleges, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Dental Architecture, and Law.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras (Tamil Nadu) is as tooper in ‘overall ranking’ category and it scored 85.31 and followed by Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi are at 2nd and 3rd place.
Asiatic Lion population rose by 29 per cent in Gir Sanctuary Gujarat’s in last 5 years
- During the last five years, Asiatic lion’s population has increaded by 29 per cent at the Gir sanctuary in Gujarat. a survey was conducted with the help of Poonam Avlokan exercise that highlights an increase in the Lion population and the distribution area of the lions has also risen to almost 36 per cent.
‘Turant customs’ a flagship programme
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) commenced a flagship program named as “Turant customs” for the ease of doing business. this progrmme will help in finishing routine interface with the Customs officers and provide uniform assessment and importers will take advantages of it with a paperless transaction.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) –
Chairperson – M. Ajit Kumar
Founded – 1 January 1964
Headquarters – New Delhi
Jagananna Chedodu scheme : AP
- The CM of Andhra Pradesh(AP) Yeduguri Sandinti(YS) Jagan Mohan Reddy has started off a new scheme named as ‘Jagananna Chedodu’. it aims to provide financial assistance to tailors, barbers and dhobis(washermen) across the state. as per Jagananna Chedodu, amount of 10000 rupee will be given to to 2.47 lakh washermen(82,347), barbers(38,767) and tailors(1,25,926).
About Andhra Pradesh –
Statehood – 1 October 1953
Capital city – Amaravati
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Chief minister – Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
State Dance – Kuchipudi
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Parrot
State Fish – Korrameenu
State Flower – Jasmine
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Neem
State Sport – Kabaddi
‘Panchvati Yojana’ for the senior citizens of rural areas : Himachal Pradesh
- The Chief Minister(CM) of Himachal Pradesh(HP) state Shri Jai Ram Thakur starts off a new scheme for the senior citizens of rural areas named as ‘Panchvati Yojana’.
- As per Scheme, parks & gardens will be set up and will have mandatory facilities under Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act(MNREGA) 2005, Scheme of Rural Development Department.
About Himachal Pradesh (HP) –
Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur (BJP)
Capital – Shimla, Dharmashala
SAUNI plans 3rd phase to fill Saurashtra Dams till 2021
- The CM of Gujarat state Vijay Rupani has made an announcement of the phase 2 and phase 3 of the Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI ) scheme. SAUNI aims to fill 115 dams with Narmada water by 15 August 2020 and March 2021 respectively.
About Gujarat –
Capital – Gandhinagar
Chief minister – Vijay Rupani
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Mercer’s 26th Annual ‘Cost of Living Survey 2020
- Mercer has published 26th Annual Cost of Living Survey 2020 on 10th June 2020. as per Survey, Mumbai city has got place of 60th as most expensive city globally and 19th place in Asia. Mumbai is only one city of india that is listed in top 100 expensive cities.
- survey measures cost of over 200 items such as location, including housing, transportation, food, clothing, household goods, entertainment and so on.
About Mercer –
CEO: Martine Ferland
Headquarters: New York, United States
the Medal of the Order of Australia to Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar
- The the founder of Kalakruthi a music organisation in Australia, Shobha Sekhar has been honoured with the Medal of the Order of Australia(OAM) in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 for her contribution to Indian music and dance.
Governor General– David Hurley
Prime Minister– Scott Morrison
Currency– Australian dollar
Manchester United’s former defender Tony Dunne died
- 78 years old, former defender of Manchester United Tony Dunne has passed away. He was born on 25 July 1941 in Dublin, Ireland.
- at the age of 18, he became the part of Manchester United and played first match on 16 October 1960 against Burnley (A) league. in 1968, Dunne was the part of European Cup’s winning side.
- Dunne had played for 13 years and acheived the first division championships in 1965 and 1967 and the FA cup against Leicester in 1963.
Q.1 What is AB-PMJAY ?
AB-PMJAY was launched on 23rd Sept 2018. it aims to provide health cover of up to Rs 5 lakhs per family for a year. it covers more than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (about 53 crore beneficiaries). NHA implemented this Scheme and it is paperless and cashless Yojana.
Q.2 What is ‘Turant customs’ a flagship programme?
‘Turant customs’ a flagship programme is for the ease of doing business. that will remove routine interface with the Customs officers.