Today Top Current Affairs 11 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 11th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 11th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
India launches E-Amrit portal for Electric Vehicles at COP26
The Central government has launched a web portal named ‘E-Amrit’, on electric vehicles (EVs), at the ongoing COP26 Summit in United Kingdom’s Glasgow.
- E-Amrit Web Portal is a one-stop destination that will contain all information on electric vehicles–busting myths around the adoption of EVs, their purchase, investment opportunities, policies and subsidies
- The portal has been developed and hosted by NITI Aayog under a collaborative knowledge exchange programme with the UK government and as part of the UK-India Joint Roadmap 2030.
Cabinet approves to observe November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas
The Union Cabinet has declared November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas. the Cabinet was headed by PM Modi. 15 November marks the birth anniversary of Sri Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan (God) by tribal communities across the country.
- The Janjatiya Gaurav Divas aims to highlight the brave tribal freedom fighters and their sacrifice for the country.
- Apart from this, Week-long celebrations will be conducted between 15 November and 22 November to commemorate the glorious history of tribal people, culture and achievements
Srinagar joins UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN)
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has designated Srinagar as a part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN). Srinagar becomes the sixth Indian city to achieve this distinction. prior to this, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Varanasi and Jaipur were designated as a part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
- The Srinagar city was designated the creative city in the field of Crafts and Folk Arts, earlier Jaipur was designated in the same category.
- With this, the total number of creative cities in the world has reached 295.
Star College Scheme: Govt launches mentorship programme for young innovators
On 8th November 2021, Union minister Jitendra Singh has launched the first-ever mentorship programme for young innovators. Star College mentorship programme aims to promote scientific temper among the masses, particularly youngsters, by strengthening scientific research and innovation efforts in the country.
- The ‘DBT-Star College Mentorship Programme’ will also be helpful towards the concept of networking, hand-holding and outreach.
- It is the pan India scheme and will envisage a ‘Star College’ in every district of the country supported by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), under the science and technology ministry.
USA becomes 101st member country of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
The United States of America has become the 101st member country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) on November 10th, 2021, and has signed the framework agreement of the ISA to catalyse global energy transition through a solar-led approach at the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow.
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav has said, that Joining International Solar Alliance (ISA) by USA, will “strengthen the ISA and propel future action on providing a clean source of energy to the world.”
Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) Index 2021: Gujarat tops
The Ministry of Commerce & Industry has released The 3rd edition of the Logistics Ease Across Different States 2021 Index. as per the LEADS 2021 Index Rankings, Gujarat has topped among 21 states on the national logistics index 2021 chart for its ‘well-developed infrastructure and services driven by a responsive government’.
- Followed by Haryana, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana have been ranked.
- Uttar Pradesh has ranked at 6th in LEADS 2021 compared to its 13th position in LEADS 2018 report.
Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022: India ranks at 10th
Germanwatch has released the global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022. as per the Index, India has been placed at the 10th spot with higher climate performance for the third year in a row. and was at 10th position in 2020.
- In the Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022, Denmark got fourth place as the highest-ranked country in CCPI 2022, followed by Sweden, and Norway has been ranked at 5th, 6th spot respectively.
- Apart from this, the United Kingdom, Morocco and Chile got 7th, 8th and 9th place respectively in the index.
Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar Appointed Next Chief of Navy Staff
The Govt of India has appointed Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar as the next Chief of the Naval Staff. Hari Kumar is a presently Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command.
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar will assume the post on 30 November 2021 after the retirement of present Chief of navy Staff Admiral Karambir Singh.
- Kumar was born on 12th April 1962 and was commissioned on 1st January, 1983 in to the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy.
- 59 years old Kumar has served nearly 39 years
- He has commanded INS Nishank, Missile Corvette, INS Kora and Guided Missile Destroyer INS Ranvir.
India bags 5 medals at inaugural ISSF President’s Cup
India has bagged five medals including two Gold, two Silver and one Bronze at the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup.
- ISSF President’s Cup was held at the Wroclaw in Poland, and the top-12 shooters in each of the shotgun, pistol and rifle categories participated in the tournament.
National Education Day 2021
In India, National Education Day is being celebrated on 11th November every year. the main purpose of the day is to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who was the first education minister of independent India.
- In 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource Development declared this day to observe on 11 September.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|