Today Top Current Affairs 11 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 11 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 11 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 11 May 2020.
National Technology Day
- The Day of 11th May is observed as National Technology Day across the India. this day marks the important role of Science in our daily lives and encourage students to opt science as an option for a career. moreover, On 11 May 1998, Pokhran nuclear test was completed.
- National Technology Day theme 2020
Science and Technology
To sanitise electronic gadgets, RCI introdued a DRUVS, automated UV system
- Research Centre Imarat (RCI) Hyderabad and Defence Research has developed Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser (DRUVS), an automated contactless ultraviolet C (UVC) with the help of Development Organisation (DRDO) premier lab.
About Research Centre Imarat (RCI)-
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Director: BHVS Narayana Murthy.
During lockdown, Indian Railways will operate Shramik Special trains
- Indian Railways has planned to operate “Shramik Special” trains across the country amid lockdown. it aims to help migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and people who are stuck at different places due to lockdown.
About Indian Railways –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founded: 16 April 1853
Minister – Piyush Goyal
Tourism Ministry organised 17th session of Dekho Apna Desh webinar series
- On 9th May, Ministry of Tourism made arrangements for 17th session of the Dekho Apna Desh webinar. it had title ‘Exploring River Nila’ that was about to showcase meaningful travel experiences for travelers that are offered by relatively unvisited places.
- During the webinar, participants went to into lesser-known towns and villages along the “River Nila” also known as Bharathapuzha in Kerala.
About Ministry of Tourism –
Officeholder: Prahlad Singh Patel
Headquarters: New Delhi
About Kerala –
Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Statehood – 1 November 1956
Mammal – Elephant
Bird – Great hornbill
Fish – Green chromide
Butterfly – Papilio buddha
Flower – Kanikonna
Fruit – Jackfruit
Tree – Coconut tree
Mission Sagar by GOI for assistance to Indian Ocean countries amid COVID-19 crisis
- The Indian govt has commenced a mission named as “Mission Sagar” on 10 May. this mission aims to provide assistance to Indian Ocean Region countries amid the COVID-19 disease crisis.
- the Ministry of Defence (MoD) is going to conduct this mission with Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). the mission is as Prime Minister’s vision of SAGAR.
- As per mission. Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kesari has gone to Comoros, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles and Madagascar to give Food Items, COVID-19 diease related Medicines including HCQ Tablets and Special Ayurvedic Medicines with Medical Assistance Teams.
National Fertilizers Ltd. sale increased to 71 per cent in April 2020 amid the lockdown
- According the report of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers that highlights about National Fertilizers Ltd, accounted a 71 per cent growth rate in the terms of fertilizer sales in April 2020. during the COVID-19 lockdown, Company made a record of 3.62 Lakh MT fertilizer sale compared to last year which was 2.12 Lakh MT fertilizer sale.
About National Fertilizers Ltd –
Founded on: 1 September 1979
Headquarters: Noida, India
Chairman & MD: Mr. Manoj Mishra.
Registrar General of India revealed Birth rate, death rate, IMR data
- The Registrar General of India has published its Data on India’s infant mortality rate (IMR). as per data, infant mortality rate (IMR) of India has recovered nominally to 32 per 1,000 live births in 2018 from 33 in 2017.
Abolition of 9,304 posts in Military Engineering Service by Defence Ministry
- The Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh has given approval for abolition of almost 9,304 posts in the Engineer-in-Chief of Military Engineering Services (MES). Rajnath took decision as per the recommendations of the Committee of Experts, headed by Lieutenant General Shekatkar.
About Defence Ministry –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founded: 15 August 1947
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Q.1 Aim of celebrating National Technology Day ?
National Technology Day aims to point an important role of Science in our daily lives and aims to encourage students to opt science as an option for a career.
Q.2 About History of National Technology Day 2020?
ate Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji declared 11 May as the National Technology Day to celebrate these tremendous achievements.