Today Top Current Affairs 11 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 11 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 11 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 11 July 2020.
1. Madhya Pradesh : PM Modi commences Asia’s Largest Solar Power Project – Rewa Solar Project
- In Madhya Pradesh, The Prime Minster Shri Narendra Modi ji commenced Asia’s largest Solar Power project: Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project. the project will help in reducing emission equivalent to 15 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide annually.
- This is a 750 MW ultra-solar power plant which is spread over 1,590 acres.
- The project includes 3 (Three) solar generating units. each unit will generate 250MW and each situated on 500 hectare lands inside the 1500 hectare solar plant.
About Madhya Pradesh:
Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Lalji Tandon
2. In order to set up EV Charging Units and Related Infrastructure, EESL signs agreement with NOIDA authority
- The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signs an agreement with New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA). the agreement aims to set up public EV charging stations & related infrastructure for promoting the usage of electric vehicles.
- During signing agreement, General Manager (GM) from NOIDA Authority Mr AK Tyagi and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NOIDA Authority Ritu Maheshwari were present.
About Efficiency Services Limited (EESL):
Chairman– Rajeev Sharma
MD – Saurabh Kumar
Headquarter– New Delhi
Founded – 2009
About New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) –
Chairman– Alok Tondon
3. 1st five Re-printed Volumes of Mongolian Kanjur Manuscripts Released by MOC
- The Ministry of Culture has started off the project of re-printing 108 volumes of Mangolian Kanjur under the National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM). The Indian President Shri RamNath Kovind ji was taken set of First Five manuscripts on the occasion of Guru Purnima (Dharma Chakra Day).
- The Bhuddhist Canonical text is most significant religious text in Mongolia and having 108 volumes.
4. Indian Navy ends “Operation Samudra Setu”
- Indian Navy has finished its 55 days long ‘Operation Samudra Setu. ‘Operation Samudra Setu was begun on May 5, 2020 and it was an effort that aimed to bring back citizens from three countries of Maldives, Iran, and Sri Lanka amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As per operation, Almost 3992 Indian people have been brought back to India. in this operation, Indian Naval Ships (INS) Jalashwa (Landing Platform Dock), and Airavat, Shardul and Magar (Landing Ship Tanks) were joined.
5. WMO says Average Global Temperature may increase by 1.5° Celsius in next five years
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has reported that global temperature may increase by at least 1° Celsius in upcoming five years. there is also a 20 per cent chance that it may rise 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 Fahrenheit) in at least one year. WMO stated it in its “Global Annual to Decadal Climate Update for 2020-2024”
About World Meteorological Organization (WMO) –
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Founded- 23 March 1950
Secretary general – Petteri Taalas
6. WHO makes an Independent Panel to evaluate global COVID-19 response
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has installed an Independent Panel in order to evaluate the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Ex New Zealand PM Helen Elizabeth Clark and Ex President of Liberia Ellen Johnson Sirleaf will play their role as head of Panel.
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Founded – 7 April 1948
Director General– Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Chief Scientist– Soumya Swaminathan
7. IRDAI allows Rs 5 lakh cap on sum insured for Arogya Sanjeevani policies during COVID-19
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has provided its allowence to general and health insurance companies. as per allowence companies will be able to rise the sum insured on the Standard Individual Health Insurance Product named as “Arogya Sanjeevani” beyond 5 lakh rupees.
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
Chairman– Dr. Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Website – irdai.gov.in
Founded – 1999
Sector – Insurance
8. Mastercard ready to Invest 250 Crore Rupees to Support SMEs in India
- Mastercard make an announcement that they are going to invest Rs 250 crore(USD 33 million) in order to support Indian Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs). this Support by MasterCard will enable the SMEs to restart and help them in business recovery. During COVID-19 Disease, SMEs is hit hardest and got a huge lost.
Headquarters– New York
Chief Executive Officer– Ajay Banga
Founded – 16 December 1966
9. Annual UNIFIL Environment Award 2020 to Indian Battalion
- The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) Head of Mission and Force Commander Major General Stefano Del Col has awarded the annual environment awards of UNIFIL to seven mission entities.
- UNIFIL launched this annual award in orde to honour the environmental achievements within the Mission’s area of operations.
10. SEBI set up Advisory Committee on Mutual Funds and chaired by Usha Thorat
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has made committee again and SEBI has added five new members in the committee. the committee aims to regulate and develop mutual fund industry.
- Now total member becomes 20, the former deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Shri Mati Usha Thorat has been chosen as chairperson.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
Founded- 12 April 1992
11. Gyanendro Ningombam as officiating president of Hockey India and Mushtaque Ahmad Resigns from post
- During the meeting of The Hockey India(HI), Gyanendro Ningombam of Manipur has been named as officiating president. he will serve till he end of September 2022. he will take place of Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad who gave resignation from post on July 07, 2020 due to personal and family commitments.
About Hockey India:
Headquarters– New Delhi, India
Secretary General– Rajinder Singh
12. Uttar Pradesh Startup Policy 2020
- The cabinet of Uttar Pradesh Government has given its approval for the new startup policy – Uttar Pradesh Startup Policy 2020. the cabinet was chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. The UP Startup Policy 2020 aims to boost and create the job opportunities and employment in Uttar Pradesh State by promoting the developing areas such as agriculture, health, power, education, tourism and transport sectors.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Chief Minister– Yogi Adityanath
Governor– Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel
13. Maharashtra anounces Stress Fund to Revive Slum Rehabilitation Authority projects
- The Housing Minister of Maharashtra Shri Jitendra Awhad has announced to launch stress fund that will help to revive Slum Rehabilitation Authority(SRA) projects (almost 370 projects) in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and others areas in the state. State Bank of India(SBI) is helping to set up a stress fund.
Q.1 How will Asia’s Largest Solar Power Project – Rewa Solar Project help India ?
the project will help in reducing emission equivalent to 15 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide annually. and each unit will generate 250MW and each situated on 500 hectare lands inside the 1500 hectare solar plant.
Q.2 What is EV Charging Units and Related Infrastructure agreement ?
The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signs an agreement with New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA). the agreement aims to set up public EV charging stations & related infrastructure for promoting the usage of electric vehicles.
Q.3 What is Uttar Pradesh Startup Policy 2020 ?
The UP Startup Policy 2020 aims to boost and create the job opportunities and employment in Uttar Pradesh State by promoting the developing areas such as agriculture, health, power, education, tourism and transport sectors.