Today Top Current Affairs 11 December 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today top Current Affairs 11 December 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana approved by Cabinet
On 9th Dec 2020, The Cabinet has given its approval for Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY). it aims to promote employment in the formal sector by boosting the businesses during Covid-19.
- ABRY Scheme will play a role in creating new employment opportunities as per Atmanirbhar Bharat Package 3.0.
- Also, Cabinet granted 22,810 crore rupees expenditure to implement this scheme.
- The Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana will run till the year 2023.
- Along with the Govt of India will give a subsidy for a period of two years regarding new employees engagement between 1st Oct 2020 and 30th June 2021.
- Also. Indian Govt will support both 12% of employees’ contribution and 12% employers’ contribution for a period of two years.
Cabinet Approved Historic PM-WANI Scheme
On 9th December 2020, The Cabinet has given its approval for a new scheme named Prime Minister’s Wi-Fi Access Network Initiative (PM-WANI). it aims to make improvements in wireless connectivity and cover free wireless internet in public places in India.
- In other words, PM-WANI scheme will enable everyone in a residential area to a Kirana shop to a tea shop vendor, to establish public Wi-Fi hotspot and will offer wifi services.
- It goals to boost public wi-fi networks across the nation.
PDOs Fees –
- Users will be charged any kind of Fee for a licence, registration For PDOs.
PDOs Registration –
- PDOs and App Providers will have to register via an online registration portal (SARALSANCHAR; https://saralsanchar.gov.in). the Registration will be approved in a period of seven days.
PM-WANI Benefit –
- It will support the Digital India mission and as well as ‘Ease of Doing Business’ and ‘Ease of Living’.
- it will raise income and that will provide seamless internet connectivity to youth.
PM Modi laid foundation stone of new Parliament Building
On 10th Dec 2020, The PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of the New Parliament Building at Sansad Marg in Parliament Complex. during the occasion, Hardeep Singh Puri, Harivansh Narayan Singh and Ratan Tata were present.
- The new Parliament building is a part of Atmanirbhar Bharat vision which was launched by Indian Govt. Tata Projects Ltd has received this project. it will cost 971 crore rupees.
New Parliament building
- It will have bigger Lok Sabha and Rajya Chamber with the lower house and will have 888 seats. there will be 384 seats in the upper house.
- It will provide a capacity of 1224 members while a parliament session.
- It will be earthquake-resistant
- It will be made of the most modern digital technology.
- It will be built in 64,500 sqm
- It will cover indigenous architecture and will be the showcase cultural diversity.
Canada approved Pfizer Corona vaccine
Canada has given its approval for Pfizer’s Corona vaccine and will be available from the next week. but, Pfizer’s Corona vaccine will be given to people who are above 16 years.
- The health Regulator of Canada has shared this information and also stated data presented by Pfizer on the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.
- Before it, the United Kingdom has given its approval to Pfizer’s vaccine for its citizens and Canada has been as 2nd country.
World Economic Forum 2021
The World Economic Forum (WEF) has taken a decision to organize the 2021 annual meeting in Singapore. before it, it was planned to host in Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland between 13rd May and 16th May 2021. due to ongoing Covid-19 disease, World Economic Forum changes the location for World Economic Forum 2021 meeting.
World Economic Forum –
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland.
- Founder: Klaus Schwab.
- When Founded: January 1971.
Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid as prime minister
Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Sabah has been chosen as prime minister of Kuwait. he was appointed by Kuwait Emir Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah. Sheikh Sabah gave his resignation during parliamentary polls.
- The ruler of Nation accepted his resignation before reselecting him to form the new government. in the September month, Sheikh Nawaf assumes the post after his brother’s death.
Capital: Kuwait City.
Romanian PM Ludovic Orban takes resignation
On 7th Dec 2020, Romania’s PM Ludovic Orban has taken resignation for the post of the Prime Minister. he took this decision after National Liberal Party (PNL) lost in 2020 parliamentary election.
- President of Romania Klaus Iohannis has elected Nicolae-Ionel Ciuca as the interim prime minister of the nation. Ciuca is the National Defense Minister.
Bank of Baroda begins Atmanirbhar Women Gold Scheme
The Bank of Baroda (BoB) has commenced a new scheme named Atmanirbhar Women Scheme. it will be a part of its Baroda Gold Loan. the main goal of this scheme is to reach the self-reliant woman in India. women will be offered loans at 0.50 per cent concession by Banks under this scheme.
- The gold loan scheme is providing loans such as agri-gold loan and retail loans at 0.25 % and 0.50 per cent concession respectively.
- This Atmanirbhar scheme aims to provide helps to women who want to be self-reliant.
- This scheme was begun at Ramamurthy Nagar branch of Bank Of Baroda in Bengaluru.
Noted Hindi poet Manglesh Dabral dies at 72
On 9th Dec 2020, The famous and noted Hindi poet and journalist Shri Manglesh Dabral Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 72 due to heart attack. he was also suffering from COVID-19 related complications.
About Manglesh Dabral
- He was born Kafalpani village Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand.
- Dabral has served as Assistant Editor in Purvagrah and later, he served in Amrit Prabhat.
- He had worked as Jansatta and Sahara Samay editor and then, he became the part of National Book Trust as Editorial Consultant.
- He released 5 collections of poetry they are: Ham Jo Dekhte Hain, Pahar Par Lalten, Ghar Ka Rasta, Awaz Bhi Ek Jagah Hai and Naye Yug Men Shatru.
- He published 2 prose collections – they are Lekhak Ki Roti and Kavi Ka Akelapan and a travel diary Ek Bar Iowa.
World Human Rights Day
The day of 10th December is observed as Human Rights Day every year in the world. the United Nations proclaimed this day on December 10, 1948. it also accepts the advocates and defenders of human rights.
Human Rights Day Theme –
- Recover Better – Stand Up for Human Rights.
- It highlights the Corona Virus Disease and concentrates on the need to make better by ensuring Human Rights are central to recovery efforts.