Today Top Current Affairs 10 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 10 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
CBDT forms 3 Boards for Advance Rulings (BAR) to fast-track tax disputes
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has set up three Boards for Advance Rulings (BAR). the Boards will ensure faster disposal of cases and avoid income tax disputes, made operational from September 01, 2021.
- These BARS will take place of Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR) to avoid dispute in respect of assessment of tax liability and to provide tax certainty.
- two BARs have been set up in Delhi and one has been set up in Mumbai.
Bhupendra Yadav launches PRANA Portal
The Union Minister of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav has launched a portal named PRANA, for the regulation of air pollution in 132 cities, on the occasion of ‘International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies’ in non-attainment cities (NAC).
- PRANA stands for Portal for Regulation of Air-pollution in Non-Attainment cities.
- PRANA Portal will help in tracking the progress of the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) to ensure clean air and blue skies for everybody.
- In 2019, 86 cities ensured better air quality with India’s efforts and in 2020, there were 104 cities.
Chandigarh gets India’s first air purification tower at Transport Chowk
On 8th September 2021, India’s India’s tallest air purifier tower has become operational at the Transport Chowk, Sector 26 Chandigarh. The Chandigarh adviser Dharam Pal inaugurated An air purification tower on the occasion of the 2nd International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies.
- The purifier was installed by Pious Air Private Limited. the company will also operate and maintain it for five years.
- The air purification tower is 24 meters tall.
- It will cover around 500-metre radius around Transport Chowk.
Bank Of Baroda Launches Digital Banking Platform ‘bob World’
Bank of Baroda (BOB) has launched its one-stop digital banking platform named ‘bob World’. the platform will offer “seamless, contactless and effortless” banking services under a single roof.
- The Digital Banking Platform will have over 220 services which can be accessed by domestic and international customers.
- The new Bank of Baroda app has also integrated e-commerce to offer a wholesome and rewarding experience.
ADB approves $112 million loans to improve water supply infrastructure in Jharkhand
The govt of India has signed a $112 million loan with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the development of water supply infrastructure and to strengthen capacities of urban local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery in four towns in the state of Jharkhand.
- The loan agreement was signed by Rajat Kumar Mishra (Additional Secretary) and Mr. Takeo Konishi (Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission).
- The project will ensure a continuously treated piped water supply in the state capital of Ranchi and the other three towns of Hussainabad, Jhumri Telaiya, and Medininagar located in economically and socially backward areas.
- This project is the ADB’s first urban project in the state of Jharkhand.
ADB approves $300 million loans to expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
On 8th September 2021, the Govt of India has signed a $300 million loan with Asian Development Bank (ADB) in order to scale up the improvement of rural connectivity to help boost the rural economy in Maharashtra. During signing the loan agreement, Rajat Kumar Mishra (India) and Mr. Takeo Konishi (ADB) were present.
- The Loan amount will be used to improve an additional 1,100 rural roads and 230 bridges for a total length of 2,900 kilometers (km) in 34 districts.
- Prior to this, $200 million financing was provided to Maharashtra and the condition and safety of 2,100 km of rural roads are being improved and maintained.
LIC IPO: Govt appoints 10 merchant bankers to manage initial public offering
Indian Govt has made appointments of 10 merchant bankers in order to manage the mega initial public offering of the country’s largest insurer LIC. the appointments include Goldman Sachs (India) Securities, Citigroup Global Markets India, and Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities India.
- LIC IPO is expected to be launched in the January-March quarter of Next year.
- The merchant bankers will play a role like Issue management, Promotional activities, Credit syndication, Project counseling, and Portfolio management, etc.
RBI approves re-appointment of V Vaidyanathan as MD and CEO of IDFC FIRST Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval for the re-appointment of V. Vaidyanathan as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the IDFC First Bank.
- Vaidyanathan will continue serving as CEO and MD for a further period of three years. his appointment will be effective from December 19th, 2021.
- Vaidyanathan was appointed as the MD & CEO of IDFC FIRST Bank in December 2018.
About IDFC FIRST Bank –
- CEO: V. Vaidyanathan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: October 2015
SL Tripathy appointed as CMD of United India Insurance
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has taken a decision to appoint SL Tripathy as Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of the United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL).
- Tripathy will serve as CMD of United India Insurance till February 29, 2024, his superannuation, or until further orders.
- He will take place of CMD Girish Radhakrishanan who was retired in June 2021.
- Tripathy has served as the General Manager & Director with the New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL).
About United India Insurance –
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founded: 18 February 1938
- CEO: Shri Girish Radhakrishnan
About New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) –
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Dorabji Tata
- Founded: 23 July 1919, Mumbai
- CEO: Atul Sahai
Baby Rani Maurya resigns as Uttarakhand governor
Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya has given her resignation from the Governor post due to personal reasons before completing her tenure. Rani Maurya submitted her resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Maurya was serving as the Governor of Uttarakhand from 26th August 2018. she replaced Krishan Kant Paul.
- She has also served as the mayor of Agra in Uttar Pradesh between 1995 and 2000.
G-20 summit 2023: India will host, Piyush Goyal as sherpa
India will host the G-20 summit in 2023 after getting the G20 presidency from December 1, 2022. India will convene the G20 leaders’ summit in 2023 for the first time.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has appointed Piyush Goyal as India’s Sherpa for the G20. Piyush will take place of Suresh Prabhu as India’s G20 Sherpa.
World Suicide Prevention Day 2021
World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is observed every year on September 10th across the globe. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness regarding the ways in which suicide can be prevented.
- It also aims to offer worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides.
- People can follow the best way to prevent suicide by recognizing warning signs and getting know how to respond to such a crisis.
- The theme of World Suicide Prevention Day 2021 is “Creating Hope Through Action”. The theme highlights a collective initiative towards suicide prevention.
International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2021
Every year, International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on 9 September. this day was recognized by the UN. in 2020, The Day was celebrated for the first time.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda.