Today Top Current Affairs 1 August 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 1 August 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 1 August 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 1 August 2020.
AIM iCREST programme by AIM
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) started off AIM iCREST. iCREST stands for an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation paid their collaboration to launch AIM iCREST. it is going to happen this in India to boost advancing innovations.
About Wadhwani Foundation –
Founder – Romesh Wadhwani
Founded – 2000
Headquarters – Bangalore
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Ajay Kela
President – Ajay Kela
Chairman– Romesh Wadhwani
About Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation –
Headquarters – Washington DC
Founded – 2000
CII National Digital Conference
- The Commerce and Industry Minister Shri Piyush Goyal has made inauguration of National Digital Conference which focused on “Easing of Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat”. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) made all kind of arrangements with the help of the Department for Promotion of Investment and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in order to make improvements in the business environment of India.
About Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) –
President – Uday Kotak
Headquarters – New Delhi
President-Designate – T V Narendran
Director General– Chandrajit Banerjee
Founded – 1895
About the Department for Promotion of Investment and Internal Trade (DPIIT) –
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 1995
6th edition of BRICS Environment Ministers Meet
- The Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar Ji became the part of 6th edition Meeting of BRICS Environment Ministers on 31st July 2020. BRICS Members countries were also Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa present via virtual platform.
MSMESaksham: a financial knowledge platform
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has started off a one-stop knowledge platform named as MSMESaksham. the MSMESaksham platform will be for micro, small and medium enterprises. the main aim of it is to provide quick access to finance and also help to manage their credit obligations.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India –
Headquarters – Lucknow
Founded – 2 April 1990
Chairman – Mohammad Mustafa
Managing Director (MD) – Mohammad Mustafa
In order to provide Advance Digital Loan Repayment, Craft Silicon ties up with PayU
- The Craft Silicon has tied up with India’s online payment solutions provider PayU in order to offer digital loan repayment solutions for all small finance banks, also including micro-lending institutions and Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- The partnership will help to provide easy loan repayment solutions to their customers and customers will be able to take advantages of it using mobile applications or consumer apps.
About PayU –
CEO– Laurent le Moal
Founded – 2006
About Craft Silicon –
Head Office- Nairobi, Kenya
Founder – Kamal Budhabhatti
Chief Executive Officer(CEO) – Kamal Budhabhatti
Kotak Mahindra Bank: Kona Kona Umeed Campaign
- The Kotak Mahindra Bank has started off a Kona Kona Umeed campaign for the period of two months. this campaign will offer discounts on their products so that banking and shopping will be made rewarding. it aims to increase consumer demands and enthusiasm to people during COVID-19 situation.
Kona Kona Umeed campaign –
- The campaign will offer and give discounts on products. it includes loans, current accounts, credit cards, savings accounts, digital payments and Kotak debit cards and so on.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank –
CEO: Uday Kotak
Founder: Uday Kotak
Founded: February 2003
Ivory Coast: Hamed Bakayoko as PM
- The 55 years old Defence Minister Hamed Bakayoko has been chosen as new interim PM of Ivory Coast. his appointment was approved by Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara.
- Hamed Bakayoko has served as interior minister and also served as mayor of Abobo since 2018. between 2003 and 2011, he worked as a minister in the national unity govt.
Ex RBI Governor Urjit Patel as Additional and Independent Director
- Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd has made an announcement of appointing Ex RBI Governor Mr Urjit Patel as its new additional and independent director. he will serve for the period of five years and is going to assume the post from 1st August 2020. Urjit was chosen as NIPFP’s Chairman and served for the period of four years.
- Recently, he has written a book named as Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver. HarperCollins India published his book in the market.
Varun Sridhar as CEO of Paytm Money
- The Paytm Money has chosen Varun Sridhar as its new Chief Executive Officer(CEO). he will take place of Ex MD and CEO Pravin Jadhav. Pravin Jadhav has resigned from the post. Sridhar will see the development of equity development and the mutual funds, NPS and Gold related Services.
Who is Varun Sridhar –
- Prior to this, he worked as FinShell India’s CEO and he introduced a mobile fintech platform named as realme PaySa. along with it, he also served in BNP Paribas for the 8 years duration.
Hardik Satishchandra Shah as Private Secretary to PM
- Hardik Satishchandra Shah has elected as new and next Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Hardik is an IAS officer from 2010-batch. at present, he is serving as Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
Padma Shri awardee Sonam Tshering Lepcha dies
- The famous Padma Shri awardee Sonam Tshering Lepch has taken his last breath at the 92. he was an also Folk musician and born in Kalimpong, West Bengal in 1928. Sonam began his career as a soldier. in the year the 1960s, he played folk music on All India Radio. for making a lot of contribution in the field of folk music, he was honoured with Padma Shri award.
Social Ours Platforms-