Today Top Current Affairs 08 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 08 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 08 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 08 May 2020.
Chandigarh launches “CHDCOVID” app
- The Chandigarh Govt has issued a new mobile app named as “CHDCOVID”. CHDCOVID app will help in providing COVID-19 related information. the Society for Promotion of IT has designed and developed CHDCOVID app. it is a single point platform where citizens can access all the guidelines, orders and notifications released by Administration and India’s Government.
About Chandigarh –
Formation of Union territory – 1 November 1966
Deputy Commissioner – Mandeep Singh Brar, IAS
Emblem – Open Hand Emblem
Mammal – Indian grey mongoose
Bird – Indian grey hornbill
Flower – Dhak
Fruit – Mango
Tree – Mango Tree.
NGMA KE SANGRAH SE by National Gallery of Modern Art
in New Delhi, The National Gallery of Modern Art has showed a virtual program namely “NGMA KE SANGRAH SE”. the theme of virtual program is “ARTIST BY ARTISTS” and committed to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
AYUSH Sanjivani App
- The Union Health & Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan ji has launched an app named as ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App. the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) has developed this app with Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy (AYUSH). it aims to produce data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures.
Smart City Nashik uses several measures and initiatives against COVID-19
- Smart City Nashik has taken various steps and initiatives to combat COVID-19. such as Cleanliness/ Sanitization of Public Places, Separate vehicles for Waste collection & Disposal from Quarantined households, using Smartphone App MahaKavach, Farmers Group & NGO Help, IVR based 24×7 Helpdesk, Body Sanitizing Machine and so on.
Uttar Pradesh Temporary Exemption from Certain Labour Laws Ordinance, 2020
- The UP state govt has cleared an ordinance that is ‘Uttar Pradesh Temporary Exemption from Certain Labour Laws Ordinance, 2020’. it is about to suspend labour laws for the next three years.
- Aim : This ordinance’s aims to increase industrial investment and get migrant workers employed in the state. UP govt is waiting for assent of Governor Anandiben Patel.
About Uttar Pradesh –
Capital : Lucknow
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
State animal : Swamp deer
State bird : Sarus crane
State tree : Ashoka
State flower : Palash
State dance : Kathak
State sport : Field hockey.
Dia Mirza as Goodwill Ambassador
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has decided to extand environmentalist and actor-producer Dia Mirza‘s tenure as its National Goodwill Ambassador for the period of two years. in addition, she is a United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Advocate.
Science and Technology
An energy-efficient photodetector for security application by JNCASR scientists
- The Scientists of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) have made an economical and energy-efficient wafer-scale photodetector using gold–silicon interface. The thin slice-based device will be useful for security applications.
To set up Centre of Excellence for coir applications, Coir Board ties up with IIT-Madras
To set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for the application of Coir, Coir Board has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology- Madras (IIT-Madras) on 7th May 2020.
World Red Cross Day
- Every year, World Red Cross Day is observed on 8th May. it commemorates the birth anniversary of the founder of the Red Cross. you should know that Henry Dunant was the founder of Red Cross as well as he is known as the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). he was first person who received 1st Nobel Peace prize.
World Thalassaemia Day
- World Thalassaemia Day is celebrated by people on 8th May every year. World Thalassaemia Day is also known as International Thalassaemia Day across the world. it aims to honour of all patients who has been suffering from Thalassaemia disease and for their parents who have never lost hope yet for life, instead of the disease burden.
Today top Current Affairs 08 May 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 08 May 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 why people celebrate World Red Cross Day ?
World Red Cross Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of the Red Cross.
Q.2 What is aim of celebrating World Thalassaemia Day?
World Thalassaemia Day aims to honour of all patients who has been suffering from Thalassaemia disease and for their parents who have never lost hope yet for life, instead of the disease burden.