Today Top Current Affairs 08 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 08 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 08 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 08 July 2020.
1. A Mou between Indian Coast Guard and Indonesia Coast Guard
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has signed a MoU with Indonesian Coast Guard (Badan Keamanan Laut Republik Indonesia) through video conferencing in order to bolster the comprehensive strategic partnerships.
- The main purpose of it is to boost the collaborative and cooperative engagements in maritime law enforcement, maritime searchs and rescues and marine pollution responses.
- Along with it, this MoU will also help in sharing information between the two countries in the case of combating transnational maritime crimes on the basis of ensuring safefy, security and cleanness seas.
About Indonesia –
Currency– Indonesian rupiah
President– Joko Widodo
National language – Indonesian
2. IARI New Building is named after Dr.Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
- The new administrative and academic building of the Indian Agricultural research Institute(IARI) has been renamed after Dr.Shyama Prasad Mukherjee. Mukherjee was as the founder of Bharatiya Jan Sangh. this new building is located in Gouria Karma in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand.
About Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR) –
President – Narendra Singh Tomar
Director General– Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra
3. Assam Govt plans to Upgrade Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National Park
- The State Govt of Assam, is planning to upgrade the 111.942 sq km Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park. Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary is loacted within the larger Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve. National Board of Wildlife’s (NBWL) has provided its clearance for it.
- Before it, five Kaziranga, Nameri, Manas, Orang and Dibru-Saikhowa have been upgraded and Dehing Patkai will be as sixth national park in the state.
Chief Minister (CM)- Sarbananda Sonowa
Governor– Jagdish Mukhi
State Language- Assamese
State Dance – Bihu dance
State Bird – White-winged wood duck
State Flower – Rhynchostylis retusa
State Tree – Dipterocarpus macrocarpus
State River – Brahmaputra
4. Centre grants funding to Himachal Pradesh & Goa for Implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM)
- The Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has announced that Centre Govt has approved funding in order to implement Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in two states Himachal Pradesh and Goa.
- this information was shared by Gajendra Singh Shekhawat during a video conference which was held with Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh (HP) Jairam Thakur. Under JJM, Himachal Pradesh state will be given 326.20 Crore rupees that aims to provide Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC).
- On the other hand, Goa State receives 12.40 Crore rupee amount for FY20-21. Centre has increased funds from 3.08 Crore rupees.
5. Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020
- As per Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020‘s 11th edition, India has got 34th position with a score of 2.69 under ‘semi-transparent’ zone. compared to last year, India has improved its place by one.
- On the other hand, United Kingdom (UK) has been as topper with 1.31 score and followed by United States and Australia were at 2nd and 3rd position with a score of 1.35 points and 1.39 points respectively and then France, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden and Germany got the places in the list 2020.
6. India makes inauguration of New Schools in Nepal
- India had made inauguration a new four-storey school building in Nepal through a Video Conferencing. Indian Govt provided 1.94 crore rupees funding under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Cooperation program. the school building is situated in Ilam district of Nepal. the school will help in boosting the learning environment for students.
About Nepal –
Currency – Nepalese rupee
Prime Minister– Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
7. Sijo Kuruvilla George as member of Central Government’s Expert Committee
- The CEO of village and founder of Re-think Foundation, Shri Sijo Kuruvilla George is appointed as a member of Central Govt’s Expert Committee on Science and Technology Policy. Sijo kuruvilla is serving as only member from Kerala.
8. Injeti Srinivas as chairman of IFSCA
- Injeti Srinivas has been chosen as new and 1st chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA). he will serve for the period of three years. he is IAS-officer from 1983-batch. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has given approval for his appointment. Before it, he was serving as a member each nominated from RBI, IRDAI, SEBI and PFRDA.
9. MCA extends Bansi Lal Bhat’s tenure for three months
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) has taken decision to extend the tenure of Retd Justice Shri Bansi Lal Bhat. he will continue to serve as chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal(NCLAT) for the period of 3 months. On 15th March, he was chosen as acting chairperson because of SJ Mukhopadhaya completed his term in the office.
10. Jayant Krishna as 1st India Based CEO of UKIBC
- UK India Business Council(UKIBC) has chosen Shri Jayant Krishna as Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of its Council. due to this, he becomes first India based CEO of UKIBC. he is going to take place of CEO Richard Heald.
Science and Technology
11. ICMR-NIV and Bharat Biotech Develops India’s First COVID-19 Vaccine – COVAXIN
- Bharat Biotech India Ltd (BBIL) has successfully prepared India’s first COVID-19 virus vaccine – Covaxin (BBV152 COVID vaccine) in the collaboration ofIndian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The vaccine has been developed and manufactured by the BSL-3(Bio Safety Level- 3) high containment facility of BBIL.
Director General– Balram Bhargava
Headquarters– New Delhi
Chairman & MD – Krishna M.Ella
Executive Director– Dr. V Krishna Mohan
Headquarters – Hyderabad
12. Italian Composer Ennio Morricone died at 91
- The Italian Composer and 91 years old Ennio Morricone has passed away at Campus Bio-Medico in Rome, Italy. he was suffering with broken femur. he was two times Oscar winner.
13. Weavers Samman Yojana
- The State Govt of Karnataka has commenced a relief scheme named as “Nekara Samman Yojane” for weavers. to implement this scheme, Govt has issued sum of Rs 10.96 crore amount. the scheme will cover Silk, cotton, wool and other handloom weavers.
- In the beginning, 2000 rupees amount will be sent to 19,744 handloom weavers through Direct Benefit Transfer. also, workers employed in the powerloom sector are going to receive 2,000 rupees amount as one-time.
14. Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Ordinance 2020
- The Haryana state Cabinet has brought the draft “Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Ordinance 2020”. it aims to give 75 per cent reservation for the residents of Haryana in private sector jobs having salary of less than Rs 50,000 monthly in state companies, Societies, Trusts, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Firms, partnership firms etc.
15. Maharashtra : “Maha” Job portal
- The Maharashtra State Govt has started off a jobs portal for job seekers named as Maha. The Maha job portal will provide employment opportunities to local residents. apart from this, it will help in reducing gap between employers and local wokers. The Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation is going to run the Maha portal.
16. Mission Vriksharopan 2020 : UP
- in Kukarel Forest, Lucknow, The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh state Shri Yogi Adityanath ji has started off “Mission Vriksharopan-2020”, under this mission, Almost 25 crore saplings has been planned to plant in the state.
17. “Intzaar Aap Ka” Social Media Campaign : MP
- The Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board(MPTB) has started off a campaign named as Intzaar Aap Ka. it will run on social media platform in Madhya Pradesh state and it aims to attract all tourists for the tourism destinations of the State.
About Madhya Pradesh –
Chief Minister– Shivraj Singh Chauhan
Governor– Anandiben Patel
State Dance – Maanch
State Mammal – Swamp deer
State Bird – Indian Paradise Flycatcher
State Fish – Mahseer
State Flower – Parrot tree
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Banyan Tree
18. “SelfScan” document scanning app
- The West Bengal’s Chief Minister Shri Mati Mamta Banergee has introduced a new app named as SelfScan. SelfScan app was developed the state’s Information Technology department. SelfScan app can be seen as an alternative to Camscanner (chinese App).
About West Bengal-
Capital – Kolkata
Governor – Jagdeep Dhankhar
Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
Social Ours Platforms-