Today Top Current Affairs 07 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 07 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 07 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 07 May 2020.
“Exit Mobile App” by West Bengal Govt
- During the nationwide lockdown, The West Bengal State Govt has commenced an “Exit App” for people from other states who have been stucked in West Bengal. they are wanting to go back to their native place. A person can apply online through “Exit App” to return home.
About West Bengal –
Governor – Jagdeep Dhankhar
Capital – Kolkata
Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
State Animal – Fishing Cat
State Tree – Chatim
State Flower – Night Flowering Jasmine
State Bird – White Throated Kingfisher.
Aarogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System
- The new feature of Aarogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) in Aarogya Setu mobile app has been added. the aim of Aarogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) is to include the citizens with feature phones and landlines under the protection of Aarogya Setu across the country.
Online Coronavirus Global Response International pledging conference
- On the day of 5th May, European Union (EU) made all arrangements for Coronavirus Global Response International pledging conference with the help of its partners. The conference will run from 4th May to 23 May 2020 and almost 40 Nations will be the part of this summit.
Lost At Home report by UNICEF
- On 5th May, UNICEF has published its report with headline “Lost At Home”. The report was focused about the risks and challenges of internally displaced children and the need to protect children.
About UNICEF –
Headquarters – New York
Head – Henrietta H. Fore
Founded – 11 December 1946
DekhoApnaDesh logo design contest introduced by Tourism Ministry
- The Ministry of Tourism has introduced a ‘DekhoApnaDesh‘ logo design contest during the amid of COVID-19 lockdown. the main aim of contest is to make people aware about and promote several tourism destinations of India.
About Ministry of Tourism –
Founded – 1967
Headquarters – New Delhi
Krishnan Ramachandran as new MD and CEO of Max Bupa
Shri Krishnan Ramachandran has been elected as new managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of Max Bupa Health Insurance. earlier to this, he worked as CEO of Apollo Munich Health Insurance. he is having more than 22 years experience in health insurance, healthcare and life sciences sector.
About Max Bupa Health Insurance –
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 2008
The Marcus Wallenberg Prize 2020
- For a model to predict forest growth in a changing climate, Richard H Waring, Nichola ans C Coops and Joseph J Landsberg are going to receive Marcus Wallenberg Prize 2020 and they will get 2 million Kronor as prize money. the ceremony will take place in Stockholm, Sweden.
Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilmalai passes away
- The Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilamalai has taken his last last breath. During the government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, he had served as Union Minister of State, Health and Family Welfare. along with it, he was the part of 1971 Indo-Pak war. for his meritorious service in the Army, he got Sainik Seva Medal from the Indian President.
World Athletics Day
- The day of 7th May is celebrated as World Athletics Day every year. it highlights to boost awareness about sports among youths, in schools and institutions to promote athletics as the primary sports and is to introduce new talents and youngsters in the athletics field.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti
- As per Gregorian Calendar, The birthday of Rabindranath Tagore is celebrated by people on 7 May every year. he was a top artists of india . in addition, he was a novelist, author, Bengali poet, humanist, philosopher. along with it, he had received the Nobel Prize in Literature in the year 1913.
- The day of 7th May is observed as Vesak Day by the United Nations. Vesak is the Day of the Full Moon. it reminisces the birth, enlightenment, and Death of Lord Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.
Today top Current Affairs 07 May 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 07 May 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 Aim of Exit App by West Bengal?
Exit App aims to help those people who have been stuck in west bengal state during lockdown and wanting to go back home. using Exit app, they can fill application form online.
Q.2 Why World Athletics Day is observed every year.
The aim of celebrating World Athletics Day is to create an awareness about sports among youth, in schools and institutions to promote athletics as the primary sports