Today Top Current Affairs 06 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 06 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 06 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 06 May 2020.
The Civil Aviation Ministry introduced GARUD portal for COVID-19 related drone operations
- The Civil Aviation Ministry has launched a new Government Authorisation for Relief Using Drones (GARUD) portal with the help of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). the aim of portal is to help government agencies to fast track conditional exemptions for COVID-19 associated drone operations.
About Civil Aviation Ministry –
Officeholder – Hardeep Singh Puri
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 21 October 2016.
Operation Samudra Setu by Indian Navy
- The Navy of India has commenced an Operation namely Samudra Setu. Samudra Setu means Sea Bridge. it aims to bring Indian citizens back from overseas countries. it is as a part of a national effort to repatriate Indian citizens.
Nigah Scheme by Himachal Pradesh State
- The State Govt of Himachal Pradesh is going to launch the “Nigah” Scheme. this Scheme aims to properly sensitize and educate those family who’s members are coming from other states so that social distancing is effectively maintained. Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has announced to start “Nigah” Scheme in the state.
For the purpose of boosting immunity, UP begins Ayush Kavach app
- On the 05th May 2020, The State Govt of Uttar Pradesh has commenced the Ayush Kavach app. the Ayush Kavach app will help in providing health-related tips and information such as how can ayurvedic medicine can increase immunity. the Chief Minister of UP Shri Yogi Adityanath ji unveiled the Ayush Kavach app.
Arktika-M satellite by Rusia
- Russia is planning to launch nation’s first Arktika-M satellite from the Baikonur space center on 09 December 2020. the General Director of the Lavochkin aerospace company Vladimir Kolmykov shared this information among public.
About Russia –
Currency: Russian Rouble
President: Vladimir Putin.
On the occasion of 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany, Russia awarded Kim Jong Un
- The President od Russia Country Vladimir Putin gave award to Kim Jong Un to mark the 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany.
Ranking and Index
As per GRFC Data, almost 135 million people are facing food crisis
- According to Data of The Global Network against Food Crisis, Alomost there are 135 million people, who are facing the food crisis. the aim of report is to address the root causes of extreme hunger across the world. the report analysised 47 countries data.
BDL and IIT-Kanpur comes together to manufacture ventilators for COVID-19 treatment
- The Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has decided to sign an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur for manufacturing of ventilators at the large-scale.
- According to MoU, affordable ventilators will be made at large scale under the Make in India initiative.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) is a defence Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
Egypt’s tennis player Youssef Hossam is banned for life time by TIU
- Due to multiple match fixing and associated corruption charges, The Tennis Integrity Unit hasa decided to ban the Egypt’s tennis player Youssef Hossam for life time. he will not be able to play professional tennis in his life.
About Tennis Integrity Unit –
Founded – 2008
Headquarters – London
Director – Nigel Willerton
FINA rescheduled the Fukuoka aquatics world championships 2021
- The Federation Internationale de Natation(FINA) has taken decision to reschedule the Fukuoka aquatics world championships 2021. now, it will be held in next year May 2022. the aquatics world championship will run between 13 May and 29 May 2022 in the Japanese city. FINA decided to postpone to avoid a clash with the postponed Tokyo Olympics.
About Fédération internationale de natation –
President of FINA: Julio C. Maglione
Founded of FINA: July 29, 1908
Headquarters of FINA: Lausanne, Switzerland
Sports: Swimming, Diving, Artistic swimming, Water polo, Open water swimming, High diving.
Due to fail in dope test, Sandeep Kumari get banned for 4 years
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has put a ban of four years on Indian discus thrower Sandeep Kumari after failing a drug test. during testing, the National Dope Test Laboratory (NDTL) detected substance “steroid” in her blood sample. NDTL officials took blood sample during the Inter-State Championships in June 2018, in Guwahati, Assam. in Inter-State Championships, she earned Gold Medal with a throw of 58.41 meters.
About World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) –
Headquarters of WADA – Montreal, Canada.
President of WADA – Witold Bańka.
Purpose of WADA – Anti-doping in sport
Founder of WADA – Dick Pound
Founded of WADA – 10 November 1999.
Young Career Award 2020 to Professor Saurabh Lodha
- In the terms of Nano Science & Technology, Professor Saurabh Lodha has received the Young Career Award 2020. he is Professor from Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay. Professor Saurabh contributed in the development of logic transistor technologies beyond silicon and nanoelectronic devices based on 2D Van der Waals materials. Department of Science and Technology (DST) gave him honour for his contributions.
Tarun Bajaj as a director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- The Indian Govt has named the Secretary of Economic Affairs Department Ministry of Finance Tarun Baja as a new director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- He is an IAS officer of 1988-batch from Haryana cadre. On the 01 May, he took charge as the Economic Affairs Secretary. he also served as the Additional Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office. along with it, he has served as Joint Secretary and Director in the Department of Financial Services.
Today top Current Affairs 06 May 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 06 May 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 why GARUD portal introduced by Civil Aviation Ministry?
Civil Aviation Ministry has commenced GARUD portal to help government agencies to fast track conditional exemptions for COVID-19 associated drone operations.
Q.2 What does the report of Global Network against Food Crisis say?
Global Network against Food Crisis highlighted that nearly 135 million people of 47 countries, who are facing the food crisis. Global Network against Food Crisis works for addressing the root causes of extreme hunger