Today Top Current Affairs 05 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 05 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 05 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 05 May 2020.
India rank in top three in the terms of scientific publication
- The National Science and Technology Management Information (NSTMIS) operated a survey on Research and Development (R&D) Statistics and Indicators 2019-20 with Department of Science and Technology (DST). According to survey, India has been given third place in the terms of scientific publication.
The Saras Collection on GeM portal
- On 4th May 2020, in New Delhi, The Union Minister for Rural Developments and Panchayati Raj and Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar has commenced a new “The Saras Collection” on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal at Krishi Bhavan.
- it will ensure to provide SHGs in rural areas with market access to Central and State Government buyers.
#HumHaarNahiMaanenge” song published by HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank has published a new song named as #HumHaarNahiMaanenge. it aims to keep hopes up amidst the ongoing national lockdown and COVID-19 disease. the song lyrics is written by Prasoon Joshi. however, the music has been composed by AR Rahman.
About HDFC Bank –
CEO – Aditya Puri
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – August 1994.
A vital role of PMJAK in National Lockdown
- According to the report of Union Minister of State (IC) for Shipping and Chemicals & Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya, highlights that Jan Aushadi Kendras are playing an essential role in the COVID-19 Lockdown across the country.
- In addition, the report says, more than 10 lakh people are visiting 6000 Jan Aushadhi Kendras per day to get medicines at affordable prices, including HydroxyChloroquine.
Lt Gen Raj Shukla takes charge of ARTRAC
- On 01 May 2020, The Lieutenant General Raj Shukla has taken charge for the Army Training Command (ARTRAC).
- He is a a graduate of the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla and the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun. in December 1982, he was appointed into the Regiment of Artillery. he had served for over four decades.
Ashok Michael Pinto as US representative for IBRD
- The President of US Donald Trump has named Indian-American lawyer Ashok Michael Pinto as a new representative to the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the World Bank’s lending arm for the period of two years. he is going to take place of Erik Bethel, who recently, resigned from the post.
Science and Technology
UV Disinfection Tower by DRDO
- The india’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully made a ‘UV blaster,’ an Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection Tower. Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection Tower will help for rapid and chemical-free disinfection of high infection-prone areas.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) –
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 1958
Minister – Rajnath Singh
ANZ Cricket Awards
The New Zealand Cricket has organized its Annual New Zealand Cricket Awards. it happened first time when board presented awards online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Player Name||ANZ Awards|
|Suzie Bates||International Women’s ODI Player of the Year|
|Ross Taylor||International Men’s T20 Player of the Year|
|Sophie Devine||Women’s T20 Player of the Year|
|Kane Williamson||International Men’s ODI Player of the Year|
Peter Ebdon retires from snooker
- due to neck and back injuries, The Snooker Champion of world Mr Peter Ebdon has taken decision of retirement from professional snooker. in 2002, he won the World Snooker championship defeatting Stephen Hendry in an 18-17 final match. he is from UK.
About United Kingdom (UK) –
Prime minister – Boris Johnson
Capital – London
Currency – Pound sterling.
Pulitzer Prizes 2020
- in the category of photography, The three Indian journalists Dar Yasin, Mukhtar Khan, and Channi Anand has been awarded with the “Pulitzer Prize 2020“. the results of prize came out on 4th May 2020.
World Asthma Day (First Tuesday of May)
- The day of 5th May is celebrated as World Asthma Day by people across the world. the main aim is to boost awareness and care about asthma in the world.
Today top Current Affairs 05 May 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 05 May 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 What is The Saras Collection?
The Saras Collection will ensure to provide SHGs in rural areas with market access to Central and State Government buyers.
Q.2 about #HumHaarNahiMaanenge song ?
#HumHaarNahiMaanenge aims to keep hopes up amidst the ongoing national lockdown and COVID-19 disease. and published by HDFC bank,