Today Top Current Affairs 04 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 04 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 04 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 04 July 2020.
1. Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020 (DDH2020)
- The HRD Minister Shri Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has introduced the Drug Discovery Hackathon (DDH2020) with Dr. Harsh Varadhan via an online platform in the presence of Shri Sanjay Dhotre ji, Minister of State(HRD).
- It aims to identify drug candidates against SARS-CoV-2 by in-silico drug discovery and take steps to follow up by chemical synthesis and biological testing’.
- This is first time ever kind national initiative by Govt supporting the Drug Discovery Process.
About Ministry of HRD (Human Resource Development) –
Union Minister : Ramesh Pokhriyal
Ministry executives: R. Subrahmanyam, (IAS Officer); Rina Ray, (IAS Officer)
Founded: 26 September 1985
Headquarters: New Delhi
2. In order to appoint Senior Management for its Investment Manager Board, NHAI sets up first govt sponsored InvIT
- under the Indian Trust Act, 1882, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is working to set up thid first government or semi government promoted Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) of India. NHAI plans to set up a new company that will act as the Investment Manager.
About National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) –
Purpose: Development and maintenance of national highways
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairperson: Sanjeev Ranjan
3. Almost 78 per cent Russians permits Putin Right to Extend His Rule Until 2036
- Almost 78 per cent Russian electorates have given their votes in the favour of constitutional amendments. it means that President Vladimir Putin will stay in the power until 2036. He will end his tenure in 2024. but, he will be chosen as president of Russia two time more under the constitutional amendments. In the Russian history, Vladimir Putin has been as longest-serving leader.
About Russia –
President: Vladimir Putin
Currency: Russian Rouble
Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
4. ADB enters in the Network For Greening the Financial System as Observer
- On Thursday (3rd July), Asian Development Bank (ADB) has entered into the Paris (France)-based Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) as a observer.
About NGFS –
- NGFS is known as a global forum that aims to bring together central banks and supervisors committed so that they can create understanding and managing the financial risks and opportunities associated with climate change.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB) –
Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
President: Masatsugu Asakawa
Founded: 19 December 1966
Purpose: Economic development
Membership: 68 countries
5. ZipDrive, an Online Instant Auto Loans by HDFC Bank
- The Private Bank HDFC, has declared that bank is going to an online instant auto loan service namely ZipDrive. it will give benefits to its customers in 1,000 cities. ZipDrive will be only for customers with pre-approved offers. ZipDrive is a technology-enabled loan product where credit assessment is done using a banking software.
ABout HDFC Bank –
CEO: Aditya Puri
Founded: August 1994
6. EMIs offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank & Innoviti on Innoviti POS Terminals
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) has made announcement to offer EMIs with the help of Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Both will provide Equated Monthly Installments(EMI) billing options on using Kotak Debit Cards if they are swiped on Innoviti Point of Sale(POS) terminals. Kotak bank’s service will help a lot to its 10 million customers that will pay in instalments by using the EMIs on debit cards. this service will be started in more than 1,000 cities.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) –
CEO: Uday Kotak
Founder: Uday Kotak
Founded: February 2003
About Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd –
Headquarter – Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO– Rajeev Agrawal
7. Care Ratings expected to contract GDP of India by 6.4%
- On 2nd July 2020, CARE Ratings Limited has made some changes for FY21 and mentioned that the GDP of India will be 6.4 % contraction for FY21 due to coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic lockdown.
About CARE Ratings –
MD & CEO – Ajay Mahajan
8. Parminder Chopra as Director of Finance PFC
- On 1st July 2020, Shri Mati Parminder Chopra ji has taken charge as the Director of Finance in the Government-owned Power Finance Corporation (PFC). she has taken place of Shri N.B. Gupta. Read Full News
9. French PM Edouard Philippe Resigns
- The Prime Minister of French country Mr Edouard Phillipe has taken resignation from post due to the expected government reshuffle. The President of French Emmanuel Macron has opened a new chapter for the two remaining years and will focus on efforts to relaunch the French economy deeply hit by the COVID-19 Disease crisis.
About France –
Prime minister: Jean Castex
President : Emmanuel Macron
Currency : Euro
10. West Indies former cricketer Everton Weekes passed away
- The former cricketer from West Indies team Everton Weekes passed away. he was born on 26th February 1925. at the age of 19, he made his first-class debut and made Test debut in 1948 then, he was 22 years old. he had played 48 Tests and scored over 4450 runs with an average of 58.62. in 1958, he took retirement from all formats. apart from this, he served as a coach, administrator, and ICC match referee.
11. Choreographer Saroj Khan passes away
- The famous choreographer of Bollywood Saroj Khan has passed away. her real name was Nirmala Nagpal. she became the part of Indian film industry as a child artiste and played role of younger Shyama in Nazarana. in 1950’s, under the guidance of dance director B. Sohanlal, she became a background dancer. Read Full News
12. Paudhe lagao Paryavaran Bachao
- Under the campaign ‘Paudhe lagao Paryavaran Bachao‘, The government of New Delhi is going to organize a Mega tree plantation. the campaign will run between 10th July and 26th July 2020. the Delhi Environment Minister Shri Gopal Rai ji shared information among public on 2nd July 2020. Read Full News
Social Ours Platforms-