Today Top Current Affairs 03 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 03 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 03 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 03 June 2020.
Khelo India e-Pathshala
- The Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports, Kiren Rijiju has commenced Khelo India e-Pathshala program through a webinar. the young archers, archery coaches as well as experts joined the webinar from across the country. Khelo India e-Pathshala program is a move by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) in collaboration with National Sporting Federations (NSF).
Real-Time Electricity Market (RTM) by IEX
- The Indian Energy Exchange has commenced The “Real-Time Electricity Market (RTM)” on its platform. it will come into effect on 01 June 2020. the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) visualizes to make power market dynamic through the recently launched real time market. Real-Time Electricity Market (RTM) will have totalling 48 auction sessions per day. Features
World Bicycle Day
- The UN ( United Nations ) General Assembly decided to 3rd June as international World Bicycle Day. it aims to recognise the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle, it is an affordable, environmentally friendly fit sustainable means of transportation.
Electronics incentive schemes launched
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has commenced three new incentive schemes with total amount of Rs. 48,000 crore. these schemes aims to boost large-scale manufacturing of electronics in the nation.
- The three schemes are — 1) Production Linked Incentive ( expense of almost Rs. 41,000 crore), 2 ) Component Manufacturing Scheme (almost Rs. 3,300 crore) and 3 ) Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (almost Rs. 3,800 crore).
- these schemes were Approved in March by Union Cabinet. Under Production Linked Incentive (PLI), it will focus on mobile phone manufacturing and specified electronic components. Centre intents to incentivise 10 firms — five global and five from local. these frims will selected under the guidelines of the scheme. stated by Prasad.
- guidelines are such as the company’s turnover, the quality a mobile and rate of their mobiles and so on.
Sensex jumps over 50 points and Nifty goes above to 10000 marks
- The India’s shares has got profits for a sixth straight session and it has crossed the 10,000 mark fot the first time. it looks like that 3rd largest economy of Asia is coming back on track from COVID-19 lockdowns and risk appetite picks up in global markets.
- On Wednesday, The NSE Nifty 50 bluechip index jumped up to 10,150.90 points it is an increment of almost 1.70 percent. but, S&P BSE Sensex gone up 1.68 per cent and reached at 34,392.18 points. this was the first time since 13 March, The Nifty 50 reached above 10,000 mark.
Australia’s economy narrows in first quarter, leads to first recession in 30 years
- Australia’s economy has narrowed during the last quarter. it may lead to a scene of Australia’s first technical recession in three decades. Australia has shut down entire business sectors to combat against coronavirus disease.
- According to data of the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), Nation’s economy shrinked by 0.3 percentage during the first quarter ended March. it is first shrinks in last nine years. it has brought annual pace to 1.4 per cent, which is quite below policymakers consider “trend”.
About Australia –
Currency: Australian dollar
Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
Deputy Prime Minister – Michael McCormack
Capital gets record 1,298 Covid cases
- The Delhi Govt stated that New Delhi made a record 1,298 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours and now, The total COVID-19 cases has reached at 22132 in Delhi.
- it is highest single-day jump in the terms of corona infected cases. on the other side, 33 (includes 11 deaths in last 24 hours ) more deaths reported that helps to bring total to 556.
- 9,243 patients have been recoverd from COVID-19 but, there are 12,573 active cases even now. 7461 COVID-19 positive people has kept under home isolation.
- as per the Delhi government, there are total 6,731 beds available for COVID-19 treatment in different hospitals across the city and 41 per cent beds are already occupied. 3,912 beds are vacant in different hospitals. in the terms of ventilators usage, total 302 ventilators are thre, only 92 are being used and 210 are available.
COVID- 19 impact : Delhi’s wholesale market restarts to labour shortage, broken demand-supply chain, closed border
- On 2nd 2020, The wholesale markets in New Delhi restarts ull-fledged trading. however , they are facing issues such as labour shortage and stare at an uphill task of repairing the broken demand-supply chain during Battling the coronavirus scare. the markets opens when Delhi removed odd-even rule for all shops. but, government has applied restriction on cross-border movement. to revive of trade, it is not going to be easy and will be a painful process.
Business and Economy
Moody’s Investors Service reduces sovereign rating of India to ‘Baa3’
- Due to the risks of a sustained period of low growth and deteriorating fiscal position, the Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded the sovereign rating of India to now “Baa3” from Baa2.
Uday Kotak sold out its 2.9 per cent stake in bank
- On 2nd June 2020, Uday Kotak has sold its 56 million shares in the secondary market for 6900 crore rupee. in January month, Kotak Mahindra Bank dealed with RBI to make 26 per cent stake in 6 months. in order to this, Mr. Kotak sold its 56 million shares or 2.93 per cent which were the worth of Rs. 6,900 crore.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank –
CEO – Uday Kotak
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founder – Uday Kotak
Founded – February 2003
Indigo airlines gets Rs 870 crore loss on travel curbs
- Due to travel restrictions kicked, The largest airline of India IndiGo, has registered Rs. 870 crore loss during the final quarter of FY2020. however, IndiGo was in profit last year at the same period.
- Due to COVID-19 disease, all international flights have been suspended for uncertain time. but, domestic filghts resumed on 25 May 2020.
Archery player Jyothi Surekha nominated for Khel Ratna
- The Andhra Pradesh State Govt recommends the name of Archer V. Jyothi Surekha for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. Jyothi Surekha remained at the highest level for almost a decade and earned 33 ( 9 gold, 13 silver and 11 bronze ) international medals as Archer.
- in which seven (7) medals, she won in the World Cups, three (3) in World championships and two ( 1-1 )each in Junior Worlds and the SAG.
- Others recommendation : other player E. Rajani (hockey ), R. Arun Kumar (roller-skaters) and Rokhaiyya Farheen Shaik and Priyan Tated names are recommended for Arjuna Award by State govt. apart from this, kabaddi and kho kho international P. Padmaja and badminton coach P.U. Bhaskar Babu for Dronacharya Award, Chinta Pratap Kumar (athletics) for Dhyanchand Award and Panchada Satyanarayana (roller skating) for Dronacharya Award.
Rani Rampal, Manika join the race for Khel Ratna
- The Hockey India has named The Captain (Women) Rani Rampal for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. if she is selected then, she will be the first woman hockey player and only the third from the sport that may get the prestigious award. the last time hockey player Sardar Singh got award in 2017.
- On the other hand, table tennis player Manika Batra also is recommended for the Khel Ratna. she got four medals (2 golds) at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018.
- Important decisions : On 2nd June 2020, the Sports Ministry took two decisions. Ministry has decided to extend application submission date to 22 June from 3rd June 2020. The applications will be submitted to: [email protected] or [email protected].
About Indigo airlines –
CEO – Rono Dutta
Headquarters – Gurugram
Founders – Rahul Bhatia, Rakesh Gangwal
Raveesh Kumar as India’s Next Ambassador To Finland
- The Ex spokesperson of the External Affairs Ministry Mr. Raveesh Kumar has been elected as India’s next Ambassador to Finland. Raveesh Kumar is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer from 1995-batch.
- he had served as spokesperson of the MEA between July 2017 and April 2020. Raveesh Kumar begun his carrer at the Indian Mission in Jakarta. after that, he was posted in Thimpu and London. he served as Deputy Chief of Mission in Jakarta then he was posted as Consul General in Frankfurt between August 2013 and July 2017.
- Ministry of External Affairs mentioned that he will take up the assignment shortly. earlier, he had served as Consul General of India in Frankfurt.
Archery coach Jayantilal Nanoma passed away
- The Former International Archer coach Jayantilal Nanoma has taken his last breath. in 2010, he was as an Asian Cup and Asian Grand Prix medallist in individual and team archery sports. at present, he was serving as the District Sports Officer in Dungarpur. he also got Maharana Pratap State Sports Award.
- Jayantilal Nanoma helped to produce many national and international level archers from Rajasthan
Former Union Minister & social worker P Namgyal passed away
- The Ex Union Minister and Congress MP from Ladakh Shri P Namgyal has died. during political carrer, he served as the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Surface Transport and Chemicals and Petro chemicals. also, he became an agriculturist, a social worker and Namgyal had served as the secretary general and vice president of the Pradesh Congress Committee in the Jammu and Kashmir state.
- P Namgya was related to Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council and became the member from 1960 to 1973 and then from 1974-1980. between 1998 and 1989, he did serve as union deputy minister in the Central Govt.