Today Top Current Affairs 02 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 02 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 02 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 02 May 2020.
Chhattisgarh tops in term of providing employment under MGNREGA
- The Chhattisgarh state has ranked first in the terms of providing employment to more than 18 lakh unskilled labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). the Union Rural Development Ministry shared the data among public.
- Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh state remained at 2nd and 3rd place with providing employment to 10.79 lakh and 9.06 lakh workers respectively.
- West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Karnataka, state remained at 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place with providing employment to 7.29 lakh, 7.24 lakh, 6.71 lakh, 4.93 lakh, 3.65 lakh workers respectively.
About MGNREGA –
Launched – 2006
Sector – Rural Employment
Launched by (PM) – Manmohan Singh
Ministry – Ministry of Rural Development.
About Chhattisgarh –
Formation – 1 November 2000
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
Capital – Raipur
State Animal Wild – Asian Buffalo
State Bird – Hill Myna
State Tree – al
State Song – Arpa Pairi Ke Dhar.
12th Dekho Apna Desh series webinar
- On the day of 30th April 2020, the 12th edition of Dekho Apna Desh of Tourism Ministry took place. the title was “Celebrating the Incredible Indian Women in Responsible Tourism“.
Kisan Sabha App by CRRI
- CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI) has successfully designed and developed Kisan Sabha App. the Kisan Sabha App aims to esatblish a connection with farmers to supply chain and freight transportation management systems. Secretary DARE, Dr.Trilochan Mohapatra, DG and ICAR introduced Kisan Sabha App on May, 01 2020. The portal will ensure actting as a one-stop solutions for all farmers, transporters, and others entities engaged in the agriculture Industry.
USAID support of 3 million Dollar to India during COVID-19 pandemic
- USAID, US’s aid agency has decided to pr’ovide of an additional $3 million amount to India. this foubd will help to stop the spread of COVID-19 in india. The amount is to be used to the Partnerships for Affordable Healthcare Access and Longevity (PAHAL) project.
Banking and Economy News
“Vikas Abhaya” loan scheme
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank(KVGB) has commenced a new scheme named as ‘Vikas Abhaya’ loan scheme. it is a loan scheme that will help in providing some relief to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) borrowers.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic in Dharwad, Karnataka, borrowers activities has been disrupted. under the scheme, an existing MSME customers will take a maximum loan of up to Rs 1 lakh.
About Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank(KVGB) –
Headquarters – Dharwad
Founded – 12 September 2005
Ajay Tirkey as Secretary of Ministry of Women and Child Development
- On 01 May, Shri Ajay Tirkey has taken charge as Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) in New Delhi. he will take place of Shri Rabindra Panwar. Shri Rabindra Panwar was retired on superannuation on 30 April 2020.
- He is a 1987-batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre.
Shobhana Narasimhan elected as International Honorary Member
- The Prof. Shobhana Narasimhan is chosen as ternational Honorary Member to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. she is a Professor from the Theoretical Sciences Unit (TSU) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
Shikha Sharma as Google Pay advisor
The former CEO of Axis Bank Shikha Sharma has been chosen as Google Pay advisor to digital payments app. she will work to accelerate Google Pay payment journey in the India.
About Google Pay –
Developed – Google
Released – September 11, 2015
Open Budget Index 2019
- The International Budget Partnership has published its 7th version of the Open Budget Survey 2019. According to this survey. New Zealand country has topped in index and South Africa and Sweden has got 2nd and 3rd place respectively. on the other hand, India has achieved 53rd position in the index 2019. The Open Budget Index 2019 included 117 countries of the world to measure the budget transparency.
About International Budget Partnership –
Headquarters – Washington DC
Founded – 1997
#WeWillWin campaign by FIFA
- For the purpose of paying tribute to health workers and other professionals, Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA) has commenced a new campaign named as “#WeWillWin”.
About Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA) –
President – Gianni Infantino
Headquarters – Zürich, Switzerland
Founded: 21 May 1904, Paris, France
Senior Vice-President – Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa.
India slips to 3rd place in the ICC Test rankings
- As per ICC Test rankings updates, India has slipped to third place fom top. based on new updates, Australia is now on top with 116 points in the ICC Test rankings. followed by, New Zealand and India have 115 points and 114 points respectively.
Nikkei Asia prizes 2020 to professor T Pradeep
- in the category of Science and Technology, The Professor of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Madras) T Pradeep is selected for the Nikkei Asia Prizes 2020.
- He did discovered nanotechnology-based water purification. along with it, The indian Govt has awarded T Pradeep with Padma Shri Award that is the highest civilian honour of the India.
Freedom fighter, Gandhian Hema Bharali passed away
- The Indian Freedom fighter and Gandhian Hema Bharali has taken her last breath due to old age related health disease. she was well-known for uplifting women’s condition and empower the marginalised sections of society.
- In 2005, She got Padma Shri award and she also earned National Communal Harmony Award in the year of 2006.
- In addition, she had got Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Memorial Award from the govt of assam state.
World Tuna Day
- The day of 02 May is considered as an World Tuna Day. this day aims to boost awareness among people regarding theimportance of tuna fish. this day was established by the United Nations (UN).
Today top Current Affairs 02 May 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 02 May 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 What is “Vikas Abhaya” loan scheme?
Vikas Abhaya’ scheme is a loan scheme that will help in providing some relief to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) borrowers. it was begun by Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank(KVGB).
Q.2 What is Open Budget Survey 2019?
Open Budget Survey 2019 includes countries of the world to measure the budget transparency and it give ranking to countries.