Today Top Current Affairs 01 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 01 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 01 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 01 May 2020.
The Central Govt approves Rs.33,300 crore under MGNREGA
- The Central govt has approved the amount of 33,300 crore rupee under MGNREGA. however, The amount of 20, 624 crore has issued by centre to liquidate all outstanding dues of last years towards wages and material. the Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar shared information among public.
About MGNREGA –
Launched – 2006
Sector – Rural Employment
Launched by (PM) – Manmohan Singh
Ministry – Ministry of Rural Development.
Jeevan Amrit Yojana by MP govt
- To boost the immune system to combat with COVID-19 disease, MP govt commenced a new scheme named as ‘Jeevan Amrit Yojana’.
- this Yojana will ensure to freely distribute an ayurvedic products named as ‘Trikut Churna (means three peppers)’ which was made by the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) Department of the state in collaboration with Laghu Vanopaj Sangh, in corona infected areas.
GIS dashboard by Agra Smart City
- The Agra Smart City, Uttar Pradesh has developed a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) dashboard. it will ensure to display various hotspots, heat maps, positive cases, recovered cases, etc of COVID-19.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Statehood : 24 January 1950
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
State animal : Swamp deer
State bird : Sarus crane
State dance: Kathak
State flower: Palash
State tree : Ashoka.
Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH) programme
- The Department of Science & Technology (DST) has commenced a new programme named as Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)‘ wwith the help of National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC). it aims to keep focus on COVID-19 and health and risk communication.
About Department of Science & Technology (DST) –
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – May 1971.
About National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC) –
Banking and Economy News
Extension of regulatory benefits by RBI
- Under the special liquidity facility for mutual funds (SLF-MF) Yojana, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has taken a decision to extend the regulatory benefits announced to all banks. Banks may take funding from RBI or deploy their own resources under the scheme.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Bank rate – 4.40%
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founder – British Raj
Founded – 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
Moody’s expects India’s GDP growth to 0.2 per cent from 2.5 per cent
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, The Moody’s Investors Service has slashed the GDP of India country to only 0.2 per cent in 2020 from 2.5 percent projected in March.
- however, Moody’s has estimated that in 2021, India will have 6.2 per cent growth rate. India has put nationwide lockdown due to COVID-19 disease.
CRISIL slashed GDP growth of India to 1.8 per cent
- Due to lockdowns to control COVID-19 pandemic, The CRISIL Rating agency has slashed the GDP growth rate forecast for India to 1.8 per cent from 3.5 per cent for 2020-21 (FY21). along with it, CRISIL stated that India will face loss of Rs 10 lakh crore because of lockdown.
About CRISIL –
CEO: Ashu Suyash
T.S. Tirumurti as India’s Permanent Representative to UN
- T.S. Tirumurti has been chosen as the new Ambassador or Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations. The appointment has been accepted by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He is an 1985 batch IFS officer. at present, he is serving as the Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, at the MEA headquarters in Delhi.
About United Nations –
Headquarters – New York
Founded – 24 October 1945
Secretary general – António Guterres.
Neeraj Vyas as interim MD & CEO of PNB Housing
- Neeraj Vyas has been chosen as new and next interim Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of PNB Housing Finance Ltd for the period of eight months.
- He is going to take place of Sanjaya Gupta who had been serving as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of PNB Housing Finance Ltd.
About PNB Housing Finance Ltd –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Former Karnataka cricketer J Arunkumar named as new USA head coach
- The Ex cricket player J. Arunkumar has been selected as head coach of the USA national team.
Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar as new chief of PESB
- The Ex finance secretary Rajiv Kumar has been chosen as new Chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board(PESB). hw will serve for the period of three years.
- He is a 1984’s batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre. he will take place of Kapil Dev Tripathi who has taken over as the Secretary to the President Ram Nath Kovind.
ICC put a Ban on Deepak Agarwal
- Due to breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned player Deepak Agarwal for the period of two years. he will not play any format of cricket. the ban period will end on 27 October 2021.
About International Cricket Council (ICC) –
Chairperson – Shashank Manohar
Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
CEO – Manu Sawhney
Founded – 15 June 1909
Motto – Cricket for good.
Science And technology
Nanomedicine prepared by SNBNCBS that to treat viral infections including coronavirus
- The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (SNBNCBS)’s Scientists has successfully made a nanomedicine. it will help in the treatment of a number of diseases by altering oxidative stress in the body. along with it, it may play vital role to fight against COVID-19.
International Labour day
- The day of 01 May is considered as an International Labour day. this day aims to boost awareness among people regarding the global concerns of humanity.
- The people of Maharashtra state celebrates 1st May as Maharashtra Day. in Marathi, it is also called as Maharashtra Diwas. After the division of the Bombay State, the Maharashtra state was established on 01, May 1960.
Q.1 what is International Cricket Council (ICC)?
The International Cricket Council is known the world governing body of cricket. in 1909, It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa.