Today Top Current Affairs 01 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 01 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 01 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 01 July 2020.
Harsimrat Kaur starts Rs 10,000 cr PM-FME Scheme
- In order to be a part of Rs 20 Lakh crore “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” to combat against COVID-19, Food Processing Industries (FPI) Minister Shri Mati Harsimrat Kaur Badal commenced Prime Minister Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PM FME) named as “Sapno ki Udaan”. this scheme will be in operation for five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
- Under scheme, One District will follow One District One Product (ODOP) approach and will help to identify food product.
- Greens scheme is extended to additional 10 fruits such as Mango, Banana, Guava, Kiwi, Lichi, Papaya, Citrus, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Jackfruit and also, 8 vegetables are included they are French beans, Bitter Gourd, Brinjal, Capsicum, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chillies (Green) and Okra.
Asia’s First Continuous Rebar Production Facility in Punjab
- The Union Minister of Steel & Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan ji commenced the first Continuous Rebar Production Facility of the Asia on 29th June. he started Facility in the collaboration of Hindustan Zinc Limited.
PMAY (U), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and AMRUT’s five years completed
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has conducted an online event that aimed to mark the 5th Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) (PMAY-U), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) schemes. in order to boost implementation of the urban missions, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri ji conducted The event on 25th June 2020.
Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- Smart Cities Mission (SCM) was begun on 25th June 2015. the main purposse of Smart Cities Mission (SCM) is to promote cities that are providing core infrastructure and giving quality of life to its citizens. Under SCM, there are two programs that are in operation they are : ClimateSmart Cities and DataSmart Cities.
- The main purpose of AMRUT scheme is to ensure universal coverage of drinking water supply and substantial improvement in coverage.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U)
- The PMAY-U’s main purpase is to provide pucca houses to all eligible people of Urban India by the year 2022 with the vision of ‘Housing for All’.
NADA App to Help Athletes about Banned Substances
- The Sport Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju ji has started off a app for National Anti-Doping Agency. the app will be as an important step towards dope free sports and will provide updates about the banned substances and their use.
- The Sports Secretary Ravi Mittal and Director General of NADA Navin Agarwal were also present at launching of app. Read Full News
NOC issuance portal for power, oil and gas project
- Shri Rajnath Singh ji starts off an online Portal for issue of No Objection Certificate(NOC). Bipin Rawat (Military Affairs General ), M M Naravane (Chief of Army Staff General) were also present during the launch. The portal will set up a speedy, effectiveness and transparent mechanism to handle the proposals. Read Full News
Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya scheme
- The Principal Secretary Rashmi Arun Shami has begun a new scheme named as “Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya”. it aims to maintain academic regularity of the students amid COVID-19 pandemic. scheme will come into effect from 6th July 2020.
In order to Connect Job Seekers and Employers, ‘Skill Connect Forum’ Portal by Karnataka
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka state shri BS Yediyurappa ji has started off a new portal named as ‘Skill Connect Forum’. it aims to connect job seekers(skilled workers) and employers(private entrepreneurs) on a common platform. this portal will provide information on available jobs and those who need job.
about the portal:
- Job seekers can go to website (https://skillconnect.kaushalkar.com ) to register, therr one need to upload details of their educational qualification, skill sets and other details. also, Employers can make registeration on the portal. The job seekers will be able to search for jobs in different sectors and different regions within the state.
About Karnataka –
Chief minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Madhya Pradesh : ‘Kill Corona’ campaign
- The Madhya Pradesh has planned to run 15-day campaign called ‘Kill Corona’ in order to control the spread of Covid-19. this Kill Corona will start from 1st Jult 2020. under this campaign, door-to-door surveys and tests will be conducted.
About Madhya Pradesh –
Governor: Lalji Tandon
Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Assam’s Council of Ministers clears MSME Ordinance
- The Council of Ministers (CoM) of Assam has cleared the MSME(micro, small and medium enterprises) Ordinance on 29th June 2020. during meeting, The CM Sarbananda Sonowal were present.
- New Ordinance allows provision that will help in ending process of taking multiple permissions for setting up MSME in the state for upcoming 3 years. Read Full News
Maharashtra : Platina Launched, Largest Convalescent Plasma Therapy-Cum-Trial of the world Project
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Shri Uddhav Thackeray ji started off largest convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project of the world named as Platina. Platina will be used in treatment of COVID-19 patients. The Chief Minister announced about it through video conference at Nagpur’s government medical college. Read Full News
First Plasma Bank for COVID-19 Treatment
- The Delhi state Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal ji started off the first ever Plasma Bank in india, Plasma Bank will help for treatment of the patients tested positive for COVID-19. Read Full News
UNFPA Report : over 45 mn Women are missing in India in last 50 years
- As per report of “State of World Population 2020: Against my will – Defying the practices that harm women and girls and undermine equality” that highlights on gender biased sex selection (GBSS) and female genital mutilation (FGM). this report was released by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). the report says that India registers woman missing with 45 million in the period of last 50 years. in the list, China has topped with 72.3 million.
First Instant Digital Wallet – Swiggy Money
- Swiggy launched digital wallet named as Swiggy Money in the collaboration of ICICI Bank. ICICI Bank enables a ‘single-click checkout experience’ on its platform. customers of Swiggy will be able to use the wallet if one is current ICICI Bank customer. For Non-ICICI bank customers will be able to use after giving details of government ID to ICICI Bank to start wallet. Read Full News
KK Venugopal as Attorney General of India again for one year and Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General for 3 Years
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has chosen again senior advocate K.K. Venugopal as Attorney General of India for the period of one year. his tenure was going to be ended in June 2020.
- Moreover, Senior advocate Tushar Mehta is chosen as Solicitor General for 3 years. he will take place of Mukul Rohatgi.
Gudni Johannesson as President of Iceland
- On 28th June 2020, Gudni Johannesson has been chosen as president of Iceland with winning 91 per cent votes in the Presidential election.
- before, Gudni became the youngest president of Iceland in 2016. during COVID 19 pandemic, Iceland becomes the 2nd European country that holded polls.
ABout Iceland –
Capital – Reykjavík
Currency – Icelandic króna
Prime Minister – Katrín Jakobsdóttir
Liverpool wins the top-flight title in 2020 Premier League Championship
- Liverpool has won 2020 Premier League Championship football tournament. Liverpool has won 11 Premier league championships Between the period 1973 and 1990 and first title was won by Liverpool in 1989.
Q.1 What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) ?
The PMAY-U’s main purpase is to provide pucca houses to all eligible people of Urban India by the year 2022 with the vision of ‘Housing for All’.
Q.2 Smart Cities Mission (SCM) ?
Smart Cities Mission (SCM) was begun on 25th June 2015. the main purposse of Smart Cities Mission (SCM) is to promote cities that are providing core infrastructure and giving quality of life to its citizens. Under SCM, there are two programs that are in operation they are : ClimateSmart Cities and DataSmart Cities.