Today Current Affairs 8 September 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Health Sector in India To Reach $50 Billion By 2025
Union minister Jitendra Singh said during the 14th CII Global MedTech Summit that India’s healthcare industry will grow to hit $50 billion in size by 2025. he also said under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, healthcare is more focused on innovation and technology over the past 2 years. About 80% of the healthcare system seeks to increase investment in digital healthcare tools in the next 5 years.
- Health Ministry’s flagship eSanjeevani also has enabled virtual doctor consultations and Telemedicine will reach $5.5 billion by 2025.
- The govt aims to reduce import dependence from 80% to below 3% in the next 10 years.
- It will also ensure self-reliance of 80% through Make in India with SMART milestones.
Rajpath Will Now be Kartavya Path
The road from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate and New Delhi’s iconic Rajpath will be renamed Kartavya Path (the Path of Duty), in line with PM Modi’s stress on the abolition of symbols relating to the colonial mindset. In the next week, the Central Vista lawns to be unveiled to the public after a 20-month gap.
- The new name – Kartavya Path – denotes PM Modi’s thrust on shedding names and symbols reminiscent of the British era and the last vestiges of colonialism.
- Pm Modi addressed the nation from the ramparts of Red Fort on India’s 75th Independence Day – Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav on August 15, 2022.
Cabinet Approves PM SHRI Scheme
The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 27,360 crore scheme for the development of more than 14,500 PM-SHRI schools across the country. PM-SHRI schools scheme will cover over 18 lakh students as direct beneficiaries. Under the PM-SHRI schools scheme, Over 14,000 schools including Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas will be strengthened to emerge as PM-SHRI schools.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the scheme on the occasion of Teachers Day on 5 September 2022 with the aim of strengthening existing schools from amongst those managed by the Central and state governments, as well as local bodies.
- The total project cost will be Rs 27,360 crore for a period of five years. Of this, the central will contribute Rs 18,128 crore.
Army Undertakes Major Infra Drive Along LAC In Arunachal
Army has started a major drive for capability and infrastructure development in the rest of Arunachal Pradesh after upgrading firepower and infrastructure along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Tawang sector of Arunachal Pradesh. the upgrading of firepower and infrastructure include road, bridges, tunnels, habitat and storage facilities, aviation facilities and upgrades of communications and surveillance, especially in the Upper Dibang Valley region.
A capability development matrix has been employed and road development, construction of habitat and aviation facilities were under way.
PM Modi to unveil statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, dedicate Kartavya Path
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will unveil a grand statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on 8th September 2022 near India Gate in New Delhi. the grand statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose is a jet black granite statue, measuring a total of 28 ft and it will be placed under the Canopy near India Gate.
- The statue of Netaji was carved from a monolithic block of granite weighing 280 MT.
- the granite monolith was chiselled to produce a statue weighing 65 MT.
- It is completely hand sculpted using traditional techniques and modern tools.
- The 28 feet tall statue of Netaji is one of the tallest, most realistic, monolithic, handmade sculptures in India.
West Bengal wins International Travel Award 2023 For ‘Best Destination for Culture’
West Bengal has been honoured with the International Travel Award 2023 for Best Destination for Culture by the Pacific Area Travel Writers Association (PATWA), which is an affiliate member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). The International Travel Award 2023 will be presented at the World Tourism and Aviation Leaders’ Summit in Berlin, Germany in the next year, on March 9th, 2023. For the second year in a row, World Travel Awards nominated the Republic of Cuba as the Caribbean’s Leading Cultural Destination in 2022.
- The International Travel Award is the most prestigious award which is presented to those businesses within the travel, tourism, and hospitality niches for the hard work they do.
- The International Travel Awards is hosted and managed by Golden Tree Events Organizing and Managing, Dubai, UAE.
DRDO successfully conduct six flight-tests of Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Army have successfully completed 6 flight tests of the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur off the Odisha coast. Indian Army conducted the flight tests as part of evaluation trials.
- The flight-tests included various types of threats to evaluate the capability of the weapon systems under different scenarios, including long-range medium altitude, short range, high altitude manoeuvring target, low radar signature with receding & crossing target and salvo launch with two missiles fired in quick succession.
Piyush Goyal to attend Indo-Pacific Economic Forum (IPEF) Ministerial meeting in Los Angeles
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal will join Indo-Pacific Economic Forum (IPEF), US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) Ministerial meeting which is to be held in Los Angeles on 9th September 2022.
- The ministerial meeting of the Indo-Pacific Economic Forum (IPEF) will be a new and unique initiative and a partnership between rules-based, like-minded countries which have transparent economic systems.
- IPEF Ministerial will focus on facilitating open trade and keeping supply chains open.
Indian boxer Birju Sah passes away at 48
Indian boxer, Birju Sah has passed away at the age of 48. he was the first Indian boxer to win medals at both the Asian and Commonwealth Games. Birju Sah won bronze medals at both the Commonwealth & Asian Games in 1994 and also won bronze in the light flyweight (45-48kg) division.
International Literacy Day 2022
International Literacy Day is observed on September 8 every year across the world. this day marks the importance of literacy to individuals, communities, and societies.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness about the significance of literacy as a matter of dignity and individual rights and promote the literacy agenda toward a more informed and sustainable society.
- In 1966, UNESCO designated World Literacy Day at the 14th session of UNESCO’s General Conference. and this day was celebrated for the first time in 1967 to highlight improvements in world literacy rates, and reflect on the world’s remaining literacy challenges.
- International Literacy Day 2022 Theme is “Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces”
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.