Today Current Affairs 8 April 2020:
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today Current Affairs 8 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs 08 April 2020 conceded here.
Today Current Affairs 7 April 2020
Cabinet decides to take 30 percent pay cut for one year
- The Union Cabinet has accepted to amend the Salary, Allowances, and Pension of Members of Parliament (MP) Act via an ordinance.
- according to the amendment, the 30% of salary of all ministers, including Prime Minister, for a year will be cut. the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadeka shared this information in New Delhi.
- this step will be for providing financial assistance to the COVID-19 crisis.
- President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice-president Venkiah Naidu and governors will give 30% salary for a year and the salaries will submit in the Consolidated Fund of India (CFI).
To avoid cohorting of COVID-19 patients, Centre issues graded facilities
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has prepared detailed guidelines to handle suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases in separate graded facilities. the step is for avoiding cohorting of COVID-19 patients with other patients.
Centre, deploying drones to inspection the ban on religion gatherings
- The Indian government has declared that they are going to deploy more drones to increase monitoring of the lockdown.
- The Govt wants to ensure that a large number of people should not gather at religious congregations, with several festivals.
- the decision was taken during Group of Ministers (GoM) meeting, chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, on 7 April 2020.
- the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is working to stop gathering during Hanuman Jayanti, Good Friday and Easter-Sunday. so, Drones will be placed to monitor of religious gatherings.
Andhra Pradesh state government demands 3 lakh rapid testing kits
- Andhra Pradesh govt has demanded an order for 3 lakh rapid testing kits to check COVID-19.
- For COVID-19 test, The State Govt has also designated and identified 13 hospitals in 13 districts
IAF to supply medical support during COVID-19 lockdown
- Indian Air Force (IAF) is giving its support to provide medical supplies to all the states in the country in the fight against Coronavirus.
- so, state governments/Union Territories (UTs) and supporting agencies receives Medical supplies to combat the contagion effectively and efficiently.
FATF reviewed Pakistans performance to combat against money laundering
- The Global anti-money laundering watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has notified that FATF will review about Pakistan’s performance to meet international commitments in the combat against terror financing.
paracetamol and hydroxychloroquine drugs export to USA
- The Indian Govt has given relaxtion a ban for exporting paracetamol and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). such drugs commonly used in treatment of COVID-19. at present, these drugs are in the licensed category.
- India took this step because US President Donald Trump demanded for the supply of hydroxychloroquine. before it, India had rejected the US’s demand.
To develop vaccine for COVID-19, Partnership with IIL and Griffith University of Australia
- Vaccine manufacturer Indian Immunologicals (IIL) has made partnership with Griffith University (Australia). both of them will work to do research and develop a vaccine for COVID-19.
CCI approves to JSW Energy Limited to acquire of GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has accepted the acquisition of GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited by JSW Energy Limited. The acquisition process was made as per Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002 on 7 April.
Today Current Affairs 8 April 2020
Q.1 What is Fund of India (CFI) ?
Fund of India (CFI) is a like many states with political systems derived from the Westminster system to describe the main bank account of the government.
Q.2 Where is Headquarters of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) ?
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)‘s headquarter is located in new delhi.